+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
I called yesterday to check my status.
As someone mentioned before they asked me to confirm my address, and contact information.
I did not get any calls or emails.
Logged into my CIC account.
And there it was, my application was approved yesterday.

I guess the trick is to call them.

AOR - July 9, 2020
What the hell???? IS THIS TRUE ???? I called them yesterday.what’s your VO?

MiguelX

Oct 15, 2020
Finally got the chance to talk to an agent and even a very kind person!

Eligiblity: passed
Criminality: passed
Security: in progress

What a relief! I don't care how long it takes – I just needed to hear there is some progress.

AOR: July 13
Stream: CEC Inland (+spouse, also inland)
Medical: passed
Biometrics: Oct 23

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020
What the hell???? IS THIS TRUE ???? I called them yesterday.what’s your VO?
I called them yesterday too, the CSA wouldn't tell me anything. They just told me what I see online, I waited 1 hour to get connected to an agent.

Last time I called. my eligibility was recommended pass as of 07/29, and analyst notes (10/29) were recommended pass, R10 ok criminality-passed. Does it mean criminality passed?
I got gcms notes and on first page it said criminality in progress

pouryas7

Jun 18, 2019
My profile was updated twice, yesterday and today. I requested GCMS note three days ago and I also asked them about my application through webform.

I hope something good happens after these GU

Reactions: Dave1111

Brobot

Feb 12, 2021
After 5 years in Canada, I finally became a permanent resident!

CEC inland + 1 dependent
AOR: July 7
Biometrics request: Aug 31
Biometrics submitted: Dec 2
CoPR: Feb 11
VO: Ottawa

Called IRCC earlier that day to check my application status. They said it was approved, and that I'll receive the CoPR in couple weeks. It was a surprise to receive it the same day.

Hope y'all receive the golden email soon!

Respina

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
It means that after passing all stages, an officer has to initiate document issuance, in this case, your COPR (if you are inland) or PPR (if outland). They go into a print queue and are issued when the officer gets round to marking the application as complete. There is no set timeframe for this. Some people get it within days, and some have had to wait longer due to COVID. You've passed all the stages, so congrats. you just have to wait a little bit more.
Actually I think final approval is a step before initiate document issuance!! (Because I have been told that all your stages passed but application is still in progress...)