+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Liliem

Apr 22, 2019
I was asked the same questions, whether my dependants are inland, confirmed my address, my reps address but then said files are taking 8/9 months and my criminality is still in progress!!
Since you answered the questions as mine through your phone call, you might receive direct COPR once All stage are passed.
I said if All your categories are passed, there have a chance to get direct CoPR without confirmation portal step. Still this is just my guess though.
Be patient. You will get CoPR soon once your criminality is cleared.

Shiva1910

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
Since you answered the questions as mine through your phone call, you might receive direct COPR once All stage are passed.
I said if All your categories are passed, there have a chance to get direct CoPR without confirmation portal step. Still this is just my guess though.
Be patient. You will get CoPR soon once your criminality is cleared.
Patiently waiting!!

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
I realized and recall about my phone call this morning to check my status with IRCC.
I assume it was not coincident that I received my direct COPR a couple of hours later after the call.
The agent who picked up my call asked and confirmed my residential address, mailing address (my immigration consultant office) and my phone number after he told my all categories are passed. I was not required to process through confirmation portal to issue COPR, which some applicants are required. I received direct COPR letter from my immigration consultant.
I know the agent who pick up calls and answer the details of our process is different from application process line, but I assume that he was confirming if I am in Canada now or not, and then reported to application process department that I am indeed in Canada? Just my guess.

So I recommend calling IRCC to check status details if your application are all passed. You might be able to skip the confirmation portal step.
I disagree as thats there normal process to verify clients information before accessing the file like address/name/email address/contact number to verify if there was any change. If yes then the agent can help you change the info's. After all verified thats when they ask you what they can help you with and you proceed with your question.

I guess in your scenario all your stages might have been passed long time and COPR was in printing queue and it just that when you called it matched the same timing that you received the COPR.

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
The agent told me that I had passed eligibility "passed" 3 weeks ago but I haven't received any update yet. Is this normal? It seems other candidates got their status changed to approved within couple of days to a week.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
The agent told me that I had passed eligibility "passed" 3 weeks ago but I haven't received any update yet. Is this normal? It seems other candidates got their status changed to approved within couple of days to a week.
same here ..all stages passed 2 weeks ago ..still nothing..agent said they haven’t finalized my application yet .. don’t know what that means

Reactions: Respina

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
same here ..all stages passed 2 weeks ago ..still nothing..agent said they haven’t finalized my application yet .. don’t know what that means
It means that after passing all stages, an officer has to initiate document issuance, in this case, your COPR (if you are inland) or PPR (if outland). They go into a print queue and are issued when the officer gets round to marking the application as complete. There is no set timeframe for this. Some people get it within days, and some have had to wait longer due to COVID. You've passed all the stages, so congrats. you just have to wait a little bit more.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
It means that after passing all stages, an officer has to initiate document issuance, in this case, your COPR (if you are inland) or PPR (if outland). They go into a print queue and are issued when the officer gets round to marking the application as complete. There is no set timeframe for this. Some people get it within days, and some have had to wait longer due to COVID. You've passed all the stages, so congrats. you just have to wait a little bit more.
Thanks for sharing this...was just wondering coz i see other people getting all stages passed just around the same time as me but are getting approvals. so i guess just need to wait..

SSC27

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
I called yesterday to check my status.
As someone mentioned before they asked me to confirm my address, and contact information.
I did not get any calls or emails.
Logged into my CIC account.
And there it was, my application was approved yesterday.

I guess the trick is to call them.

AOR - July 9, 2020
Congratulations!!!

Well then I guess lets see if this trick works out. I called them today in morning and the agent said my Eligibility is passed and my background check is passed. Also, she asked me for all my info like contact details, address.

Reactions: shussain92

CAP5

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Congratulations!!!

Well then I guess lets see if this trick works out. I called them today in morning and the agent said my Eligibility is passed and my background check is passed. Also, she asked me for all my info like contact details, address.

Not sure if it works very time though :). I called them yesterday, they asked me to confirm address, phone numbers and all other profile details but no updates so far.

• Haha
Reactions: SSC27 and yay_321

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Not sure if it works very time though :). I called them yesterday, they asked me to confirm address, phone numbers and all other profile details but no updates so far.
Yes, there is no way it works. It just happened to be a good coincidence for them.

Also, a few days ago they had this recorded message "please note that call center agents can't make decision on your application etc etc."

Reactions: dgeorge and CAP5

SSC27

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Yeah! That's what I thought but why not think positive:p

Reactions: CAP5