+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
LOL ur funny
True. I called in yesterday for a couple of questions and the guy was super helpful. I told him I'm the type who take a Tylenol when I'm screaming and not normally like this, but this process is nerve-racking. He thought that was funny and laughed. Anyway - got more information out of this guy than previous two.

Eligibility is started. He could see notes.
Background check is started. Lots of notes between officers.

Above has been been ongoing through September and October.

Security not started but he also said that's neither here nor there as sometimes that can be started and there are no notes until done.

He said everything looked fine. He couldn't see anything that was alarming. Doing biometrics now, even though I am exempt was totally up to me. As I had an appointment yesterday I went for it and totally failed. Guess who forgot the passport. (me raises hand). New appointment on monday.

I don't care about the $85 refund for being exempt. They can keep the money, as far as I am concerned.

I forgot to ask if it's still in Ottawa. I assume it is.

Anyway.
AOR July 31
MEP/BIL sept 16.
And I seem to be in what some call IP2.

I'm just going to Netflix and chill for the weekend. Biometrics monday morning and passport is already in the bag.
Seriously. Me too. I just am finding it so hard to just be calm because I don’t even wanna start anything as I’m so scared - when I am not sure of my tomorrow / future in this country it’s so scary I cannot focus on the present. No other option but to wait. Today spoke with IRCC agent she was super nice but mentioned my eligibility has been placed in review. I was so calm but inside I am totally freaking. I have also taken up a second part time because I literally cannot keep myself from not checking my CIC account and this forum so I had to keep myself busy or I would absolutely lose it. Lol. Also planning to order GCMS. Aor July 23

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Seriously. Me too. I just am finding it so hard to just be calm because I don’t even wanna start anything as I’m so scared - when I am not sure of my tomorrow / future in this country it’s so scary I cannot focus on the present. No other option but to wait. Today spoke with IRCC agent she was super nice but mentioned my eligibility has been placed in review. I was so calm but inside I am totally freaking. I have also taken up a second part time because I literally cannot keep myself from not checking my CIC account and this forum so I had to keep myself busy or I would absolutely lose it. Lol. Also planning to order GCMS. Aor July 23
Yeah, that rock, the size of Mount Everest, hanging over my head by a silk thread, is either gonna come crashing down or just go away. That’s what this feels like.

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Yeah, that rock, the size of Mount Everest, hanging over my head by a silk thread, is either gonna come crashing down or just go away. That’s what this feels like.
I agree! just crazy.. want to eat healthy and work out..... really want to. but I am so stressed I can't manage to put one bite of salad in my mouth

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
I need your opinions. Ok guys so I have never really done this but since we all are in this together I am going to copy paste my letter of reference and please let me know what you all think and if there is any issue/alarming thing..... March 6, 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

Employment Verification -xxxxx

As requested by xxxxxx, this letter confirms that she is an active employee of xxxxxxx Ltd. xxxx joined xxxxxxLtd. on August 13, 2018 as a full time Customer Service Representative. Her position changed to a full-time Subject Matter Expert on June 1, 2019 and she currently earns $17.00 per hour based on a 40 hour work week and is also eligible for commission earnings.

Her responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
Position 1: Customer Service Representative - NOC 6552
Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
Answer inbound calls and provided customer service
Manage customers' account and arranging bill payment
Respond promptly to customer inquiries
Acknowledge and resolving customer complaints
Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints
Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support

Position 2: Subject Matter Expert Supervisor - NOC 6314
Review and evaluation of agents performing customer service duties.
Off contact work such as and not limited to compiling, examining and processing weekly audits and
reports, handling workflows, handling inbound and outbound campaigns or case follow ups and other
tasks as per business needs.
Assist and resolve complex agent inquiries with focus of coaching and knowledge sharing.
Supervision of agents during productive practice and share your best practices and customer service
skills
Train and support front line agents and new hires as when required/necessary
Work collaboratively with the training team to positively support newer agents while taking calls,
ensuring we are putting our customers first and supporting our likelihood to recommend initiatives
Act as a mentor and model behaviors, expected of the team
Should you have any further questions in regards to xxxxxx's employment, please do not hesitate to contact me at (778) xxxx-xxxxx / email address

Sincerely,

hr

what do you all think? UGH PLEASE TELL ME IM SCARED

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I need your opinions. Ok guys so I have never really done this but since we all are in this together I am going to copy paste my letter of reference and please let me know what you all think and if there is any issue/alarming thing..... March 6, 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

Employment Verification -xxxxx

As requested by xxxxxx, this letter confirms that she is an active employee of xxxxxxx Ltd. xxxx joined xxxxxxLtd. on August 13, 2018 as a full time Customer Service Representative. Her position changed to a full-time Subject Matter Expert on June 1, 2019 and she currently earns $17.00 per hour based on a 40 hour work week and is also eligible for commission earnings.

Her responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
Position 1: Customer Service Representative - NOC 6552
Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
Answer inbound calls and provided customer service
Manage customers' account and arranging bill payment
Respond promptly to customer inquiries
Acknowledge and resolving customer complaints
Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints
Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support

Position 2: Subject Matter Expert Supervisor - NOC 6314
Review and evaluation of agents performing customer service duties.
Off contact work such as and not limited to compiling, examining and processing weekly audits and
reports, handling workflows, handling inbound and outbound campaigns or case follow ups and other
tasks as per business needs.
Assist and resolve complex agent inquiries with focus of coaching and knowledge sharing.
Supervision of agents during productive practice and share your best practices and customer service
skills
Train and support front line agents and new hires as when required/necessary
Work collaboratively with the training team to positively support newer agents while taking calls,
ensuring we are putting our customers first and supporting our likelihood to recommend initiatives
Act as a mentor and model behaviors, expected of the team
Should you have any further questions in regards to xxxxxx's employment, please do not hesitate to contact me at (778) xxxx-xxxxx / email address

Sincerely,

hr

what do you all think? UGH PLEASE TELL ME IM SCARED
Did you work on NOC 6314 for up to a year before applying? Cos NOC 6552 seems to be skill level C and may not be qualified for CEC.

DC5656

Dec 5, 2020
AOR: July 9
Bio : October 30
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed.
Is anyone on same boat? Mostly eligibility starts first and mine was criminality.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Bio : October 30
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed.
Is anyone on same boat? Mostly eligibility starts first and mine was criminality.
Bio: pending ( though I gave it two years ago)
Eligibility: profile says under review
Security: profile says under review
Criminality: profile says under review
medicals: passed
my profile has not been updated since the medicals in August

if I get a positive reply when my parent can travel to Canada ( as due to Covid -19 only parent of PR citizen can visit Canada)
Thank you,

Reactions: dgeorge

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Did my biometrics this morning, even though I am exempt. New biometrics is already showing up on my profile and now as completed. WOOHOOOO!!!!

Hopefully this will speed things up as I know they are working on my background.

Fingers crossed.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Did my biometrics this morning, even though I am exempt. New biometrics is already showing up on my profile and now as completed. WOOHOOOO!!!!

Hopefully this will speed things up as I know they are working on my background.

Fingers crossed.
May I ask before you give your biometrics again, the biometrics in your profile was shown as "completed" or "we have not received your biometrics" but with detailed info on the upper right corner? Mine was also exempt and is shown as "completed" but they are still processing my criminality for 3 months. Not sure if I need to give my biometrics again as you did. Thanks.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
May I ask before you give your biometrics again, the biometrics in your profile was shown as "completed" or "we have not received your biometrics" but with detailed info on the upper right corner? Mine was also exempt and is shown as "completed" but they are still processing my criminality for 3 months. Not sure if I need to give my biometrics again as you did. Thanks.
Mine was showing in the corner but not as completed. The number loaded in to my profile September 16 and then nothing. So when they opened up the ability to book online, I decided to go for it.