+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ladydelay

Jul 27, 2017
I am primary applicant, my husband is canadian citizen sponsoring me, we sent the application + OWP on July 2 , they received on july 4 according to canada post tracking number. Today, on august 16 we received the AOR in my husband's email. There was a mistake in my name (they used my twin sister name instead of mine) I called in, but they said it was an error that they will fix without affecting my application. The agent who I spoke with told me I will receive the Work Permit on november. (Hope this info is useful for someone).

Good luck to everyone!
What number did you call? Do you mind sharing?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
I myself have been trying but to no avail. I applied in August 2019, and already had my medical done and sent to them, but for some reason, I cannot seem to link my paper application online. Frustrating.
I had issues as well, then someone suggested for me to try just using my D.O.B, and passport information, as well as trying to put either 1 person (part of application) or 2. Give it a go

Rex p

Jan 4, 2020
I Just received letter about sponsor eligibility. I called CIC and they told me that now they are checking my spouse eligibility. How much time it does take for her decision made and landing Interview?Thanks in advance.

Reactions: may2019

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
I Just received letter about sponsor eligibility. I called CIC and they told me that now they are checking my spouse eligibility. How much time it does take for her decision made and landing Interview?Thanks in advance.
Usually it follows within a week or so

Ladydelay

Jul 27, 2017
I had issues as well, then someone suggested for me to try just using my D.O.B, and passport information, as well as trying to put either 1 person (part of application) or 2. Give it a go
Thanks, I tried it your way and was successful. Best wishes.

PaulBGee

Aug 8, 2019
I got my DM/AIP email and have been told that I now need to wait for the Hamilton office to contact me for an interview. Does anyone know how long the average wait is for the interview date to be given?

Reactions: kyungyyz

JKAM

Aug 16, 2019
I got my DM/AIP email and have been told that I now need to wait for the Hamilton office to contact me for an interview. Does anyone know how long the average wait is for the interview date to be given?
Congratulations!! When did you apply?

NickBlack5

Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys! If we have the work permit are we allowed to leave and re-enter Canada? I assume yes but I know there’s some debate around this

Logandac

Jan 28, 2020
Hi I have some questions about starting the process for inland application.

I reside in Ontario and my fiance is staying with me here from Mexico on visitor visa.

Her visitor status expires 18 feb 20 but we applied to extend her stay 6 months 23 dec 19.

My understanding is that once we are married we can start the spousal sponsorship. We are planning to get married in the next 3 weeks.

Are the timelines too tight?

Will she have to return to Mexico?

Should I consult a lawyer?

I am in the Hamilton area if anyone has any recommendations. I am extremely newbie and can really appreciate any help.

Best,

Logan

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi I have some questions about starting the process for inland application.

I reside in Ontario and my fiance is staying with me here from Mexico on visitor visa.

Her visitor status expires 18 feb 20 but we applied to extend her stay 6 months 23 dec 19.

My understanding is that once we are married we can start the spousal sponsorship. We are planning to get married in the next 3 weeks.

Are the timelines too tight?

Will she have to return to Mexico?

Should I consult a lawyer?

I am in the Hamilton area if anyone has any recommendations. I am extremely newbie and can really appreciate any help.

Best,

Logan
Have you two lived together for at least 1 year?