AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Hello!

Got my Medical Requests Today!!!
Still waiting for my OWP to be approved though :(
At least there is progress....

All the best to those who are still waiting.
Progress is good! It really goes to show how different everyone's cases are. Fingers crossed your work permit comes in soon :)

Reactions: Mizz_Ozzy

SamW26

Sep 4, 2019
Has anyone heard back from the CIC that their medical was accepted?
Nope - the doctor I used forwarded me the report yesterday which showed it had been uploaded to eMedical and submitted to IRCC. But my status still shows that they're awaiting the medical report, they've not even confirmed its been received yet :)

ashoaib

Dec 3, 2019
Hello All,
have been going through this forum for a while,. Find it very informative and i really appreciate the feedback, comments and suggestion given by members. Great job all!
I would like to share my case and experience as well.
Application Received: July 17
AOR: August 24
OWP Returned: Septemeber 25
OWP Resubmitted: October 10
OWP Received: October 16
OWP Linked: November 05
Medical Request: Waiting

As mentioned above my OWP application was returned due to non0sufficient fee (OWP Holder fee $100). I realized the next day of sending in the application that i have missed the OWP Holder fee, so paid it the very next day and submitted the payment receipt along with the explanation through online web form. I got the following reply on the 30th of August from CIC:
"We verified the information you provided. Since the application has not been entered in our system yet, we invite you to resubmit these documents once the processing of the application starts. We will then be able to forward them to the responsible office."
On August 24 my wife (Sponsor) got the AOR with application number, so I once again submitted the payment receipt along with the explanation through online web form the same day. On September 04 I received the the following reply from CIC.
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:
  • IRCC Payment Receipt R378612812 (Open Work Permit Holder Fee).pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

I was able to link the application on September 05 as well. But I couldn't get to link the OWP to my application. With time passing i was get vary of getting the application returned, which was confirmed when i call the CIC inquiring about my OWP application. They confirmed it was returned due to insufficient payment on September 25th. My foremost concern over here was that now i'm out of status since my six months had been passed since my last entry in Canada in February. Although I had multiple entry visa valid till March 2021.

I resent the OWP application on October 10 along with a detailed letter addressing my concern regarding my status and also stating that it might have been a mistake by CIC as they overlooked my payment of OWP Holder fee which was accepting by CIC on September 05 and the reason is not valid. I also attached both the mails of CIC. Luckily, contrary to my fear that they might return my OWP application yet again due to my stay being out of status and I have to apply extension of stay, my OWP application was accepted and I was able to link my OWP on November 05.

Today I saw a change of status on my PR application from submitted to "profile update" and i saw that it has been progressed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." Having said so, i haven't gotten any email or post for the medical Exam yet.

Hope my experience will help someone in some way.

P.S. Do you you guys get the request for Medical via post or email?

Thanks & regards

Reactions: may2019

Fragisha17

Dec 3, 2019
Does someone know if I can work when my Post graduate work permit is going to expire in 15 days yet sending spousal sponsor 7 days before. If we already payed the forms and if I summit before one week expiring?

Amanpreet535

Jul 27, 2019
Hi All
Post medical request will we be asked to submit PCC as well? My wife PCC one year got completed in October 2019. I am not if she can get a new Indian pcc (if it is required) from North York. Requesting this because, PCC is a time consuming activity in India, not sure about here. If only one month is given to submit that and time is not sufficient means I will end up in trouble.
Appreciate your guidance
Thanks
Eswar

Amanpreet535

Jul 27, 2019
Hi All
Post medical request will we be asked to submit PCC as well? My wife PCC one year got completed in October 2019. I am not if she can get a new Indian pcc (if it is required) from North York. Requesting this because, PCC is a time consuming activity in India, not sure about here. If only one month is given to submit that and time is not sufficient means I will end up in trouble.
Appreciate your guidance
Thanks
Eswar
Go to Indian consulate and they give pcc within the same day. Go in morning they are open from 930 to 1230. And same day they give PCC from 3pm to 4pm.
Take driving license ( or any other document showing address proof). Passport copy + original. Visa copy.

Amanpreet535

Jul 27, 2019
Got my medical request today.
Timeline is
July 22nd file received
AOR 24th August
Medical request 3rd December.
I am in Toronto and got the appointment for 5th December for medical.

Want to know do we have to submit anything online or the doctor who is performing medical.

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Got my medical request today.
Timeline is
July 22nd file received
AOR 24th August
Medical request 3rd December.
I am in Toronto and got the appointment for 5th December for medical.

Want to know do we have to submit anything online or the doctor who is performing medical.

The doctor will do it for you, you do not have to submit anything after the medical exam is finished.

PaulBGee

Aug 8, 2019
My medical is showing as received....Not bad as I only had the appointment last week. Anyone aware of what comes next?

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
The IRCC will review guarantor eligibility, and then review applicants until all of them have passed the review.

kyungyyz

Jun 9, 2019
I've completed my medical exam yesterday! I feel good about our(July Applicant) speed of application process, but also worried that I might need to apply OWP since my current PGWP will expire in May 2020.

Should I be safe and apply OWP in February so that I can keep my current job?

Also, is anyone aware of how I can transfer from PGWP to OWP once I receive in mail? Wonder if there's any issue with 2 work permits by overlapping period? :0

Reactions: Ver94