+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Logged in this morning to see "Decision Made" :oops: So surprised at how fast that went. Thank God!

Test written and passed on Jan 7th
Many congrats to you and all others who are awaiting oath ceremony now.

So, if I correctly understand, you did the online test and passed it and then DM. No interview; are there no interview these days???

Thanks

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Many congrats to you and all others who are awaiting oath ceremony now.

So, if I correctly understand, you did the online test and passed it and then DM. No interview; are there no interview these days???

Thanks

That's right! I didn't get an interview or a request for additional documents - myself and 2 others from Vancouver office. Can't say the same for everyone about interviews

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, there is an update on IRCC website that specifically requests applicants whose oath ceremonies were cancelled in March because of COVID-19 to send a request through webform. This might speed up the process a little bit and you might receive your oath invite if you contact them.

Here's what it says :

Contact us through the Web form if you

• had a ceremony scheduled on or before March 15, 2020, and
  • haven’t received an invitation for a video oath ceremony.
Here's the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Choose the following options :

1. What did you apply for? = Citizenship
2. Which citizenship application? (required) = Becoming a Canadian Citizen (grant of Citizenship)
3. Click on 'Video oath ceremony (virtual citizenship ceremony)'

Reactions: engray

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
That's right! I didn't get an interview or a request for additional documents - myself and 2 others from Vancouver office. Can't say the same for everyone about interviews
Thanks for replying back. That is quite good to hear.

We have 3 applications (family) from Vancouver. "In Process" since November 2019. Lets see when we hear about the citizenship test.

Again, congrats and good luck for your oath ceremony.

Reactions: BA2LAMAZ

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for replying back. That is quite good to hear.

We have 3 applications (family) from Vancouver. "In Process" since November 2019. Lets see when we hear about the citizenship test.

Again, congrats and good luck for your oath ceremony.

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
I don't think so. The tracker doesn't mention that and moreover, this is a July 2019 applicant. It isn't very surprising that he is getting DM after 1.5 years.
It is good that he finally got DM after 1.5 years. But I applied earlier and still have not received any updates and that is the surprising part. My application is very similar to van1616 as I am from Vancouver and single application as well.

My AOR is on 27 Sep 2019 and in process since 1 Nov 2019. I received an invite to do the test on 30 Jan 2020 and scheduled it to be on 26 Mar 2020. Two weeks before my test, they cancelled it. So shouldn't I be among the first group of people to get invited to do the online test? But yet I have not had any updates ever since. When I contacted IRCC as well as my local MP for help, IRCC kept saying that they are only processing urgent applications currently. But clearly, they are being very inconsistent and unfair in how they prioritize applications.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It is good that he finally got DM after 1.5 years. But I applied earlier and still have not received any updates and that is the surprising part. My application is very similar to van1616 as I am from Vancouver and single application as well.

My AOR is on 27 Sep 2019 and in process since 1 Nov 2019. I received an invite to do the test on 30 Jan 2020 and scheduled it to be on 26 Mar 2020. Two weeks before my test, they cancelled it. So shouldn't I be among the first group of people to get invited to do the online test? But yet I have not had any updates ever since. When I contacted IRCC as well as my local MP for help, IRCC kept saying that they are only processing urgent applications currently. But clearly, they are being very inconsistent and unfair in how they prioritize applications.
Your frustration is warranted and is shared by many applicants. Try applying for GCMS notes to see if it gets the ball rolling (no guarantees though).

Wish you all the very best!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015

Unless you know another applicant’s education level, background checks, number of times left Canada and to where, medical, etc then you can’t really compare your application other than the time you applied and that will only give you an estimate on when you might get a test invite.
A *lot* of people had their tests cancelled and the online test is still in the pilot phase. The IRCC was very clear that only a limited number of people would get an invite and it would be a mix of people who have high priority and cancelled tests.
We do not have any evidence that the IRCC has been unfair or inconsistent. We simply don’t have enough info to make that call. If everything keeps moving smoothly, they will increase the number of invites. Hopefully, everyone will get an invite in the upcoming months.

van1616

Jul 23, 2019

Just like to clear one thing , I live in a town called Quesnel in BC. I am not aware of whether my immigration location is Vancouver or Kelowna. It can be either one of them. I just wrote Vancouver as it just my guessing and not 100% sure about it.

AM15

Dec 11, 2020
Congrats just got my invite right now. July 2019 app
Aor October
Processing November 14
Test invite today for jan 18. Wish me luck.
Hamilton application
It's a great news, congrats and wish you all the very best. We too hope to get test invite soon.
AOR October 1st and In Process from 5th November 2019. Still waiting.....

Reactions: Havilah