15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Update for me, I got my virtual oath invite! So, hopefully, some more people should be hearing soon.
Many congratulations....

I may have missed the conversation but apparently you had your test invite as well as citizenship test in December 2020. How about the interview? Was it skipped?

Thanks and good luck.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Many congratulations....

I may have missed the conversation but apparently you had your test invite as well as citizenship test in December 2020. How about the interview? Was it skipped?

Thanks and good luck.
Thanks! I didn’t have an interview. Just went from the test to the oath invite.

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you know another applicant’s education level, background checks, number of times left Canada and to where, medical, etc then you can’t really compare your application other than the time you applied and that will only give you an estimate on when you might get a test invite.
A *lot* of people had their tests cancelled and the online test is still in the pilot phase. The IRCC was very clear that only a limited number of people would get an invite and it would be a mix of people who have high priority and cancelled tests.
We do not have any evidence that the IRCC has been unfair or inconsistent. We simply don’t have enough info to make that call. If everything keeps moving smoothly, they will increase the number of invites. Hopefully, everyone will get an invite in the upcoming months.
I can tell mine. Received PR after 17 months while for most of them it took within 6 months. Applied for Citizenship and still haven't heard anything from CIC. Didn't leave the country since 2018, stay in the same location, i have seen people applied way after me have already been the citizen. So, I am pretty much sure CIC really not fair about prioritizing the applications. At least they should clarify why there's the delay rather just saying your application is in process!

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I was just informed by our local MPP's office that they have had NO new Citizenship Oaths taken place for the past year in the Southwestern region of Ontario. This is unacceptable for the IRCC to be ignoring ares of Ontario and for that matter Anywhere else. So what can be done about it,,,,,exactly what I was told by my MPP's office and that is NOTHING, sit and wait, and wait, and wait. I am so tired of being told that my application is in process and that everything looks good, now just have to wait until they get their heads out of their a$$'$ and do their jobs they are paid to do. How hard is it to schedule online tests and virtual Oaths for those of us here in southern Ontario?..??

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I can tell mine. Received PR after 17 months while for most of them it took within 6 months. Applied for Citizenship and still haven't heard anything from CIC. Didn't leave the country since 2018, stay in the same location, i have seen people applied way after me have already been the citizen. So, I am pretty much sure CIC really not fair about prioritizing the applications. At least they should clarify why there's the delay rather just saying your application is in process!
Again, you don’t know other people’s situation. While it’s unfortunate that you have to wait this long, pointing out that someone has processed faster than you is irrelevant to your application process speed within the IRCC. You don’t know why theirs
Is moving faster. The question is, why is your moving slower?

You can request your GSCM notes and see if there is anything in them which might shed light on why yours is taking so long. If your PR took 3x longer than average then there’s a good chance there’s something in your file that makes the IRCC spend extra time on you. Maybe it’s a place you traveled in the past or a job you had. Maybe the office that’s processing your application slow. Maybe they are having a problem verifying something. There are a ton of things that can cause a slower process.

So, no, there’s not evidence that the CIC is being unfair at this time. Just because you are not happy with the speed of which your application is processing doesn’t mean there’s something nefarious going on at the IRCC.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I was just informed by our local MPP's office that they have had NO new Citizenship Oaths taken place for the past year in the Southwestern region of Ontario. This is unacceptable for the IRCC to be ignoring ares of Ontario and for that matter Anywhere else. So what can be done about it,,,,,exactly what I was told by my MPP's office and that is NOTHING, sit and wait, and wait, and wait. I am so tired of being told that my application is in process and that everything looks good, now just have to wait until they get their heads out of their a$$'$ and do their jobs they are paid to do. How hard is it to schedule online tests and virtual Oaths for those of us here in southern Ontario?..??
That really sucks. I did see some one else over in the August 2019 thread called Mississauga and was told that processing was stuck there. Someone from Ottawa did get their test and oath in the fall of 2020.
I wonder what the issues are and, if it’s a tech issue, maybe they can transfer people’s applications to other offices which are working?