+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Mode of communication by CIC to the applicant . is it by Email all the time ?
True to IRCC style, it's is a mixed bag.
But majority of the communication happens via email if the applicant had provided an email. More so during a pandemic.
Keep an eye on the ECAS for status change as sometimes their email/mail is later than the update on it.
Cheers!

Reactions: TARTAR

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Aug 27 - Completed virtual oath
Sept 15 - received Citizenship Certificate
Congratulations.........you can now apply for your passport by mail.

Reactions: TARTAR

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
any idea whats the timeline for passport application sent through mail
Sent my Canadian Passport application by mail through Canada Xpressport on AUG 8 2020 and it was delivered on AUG 11,2020.
I contacted them on 21st Aug using the link below :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html

Got the following response on 24th of August 2020.
"Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. Passport service have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The processing of application will resume once the situation has been resolved
If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. Please do not reply to this email. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

On August 27th,2020 Passport Office withdraw the application fee ($160) from my account.
On AUG 31 2020 I received the Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate back with my receipt delivered to community mailbox parcel locker.
Then Contacted them again on Aug 31 through the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html to know when to receive my passport. Got the following response on 2nd Sep 2020.

Your passport was sent to you by Xpresspost on August 28, 2020. The Canada Post item number is xxxxxxxxxxx You can track the delivery of your passport at www.canadapost.ca.

Warning: The status of an application can only be provided to the applicant.

VC

With the Canadapost Xpressport tracking number given to me I was able to track it on Canadapost app on my phone
Item accepted Mississauga, ON Aug 28 at 1:11pm
Item processed Mississauga, ON Sept 01 at 7:55pm
Item arrived Calgary , AB Sept 3 at 1:39am
Item processed Calgary,AB at Sept 3 at 6:19am
Item out for delivery Calgary,AB Sept 3 at 7:46am
Delivered Calgary ,AB at 11:32 am - Canadian Paaport Delivered in person by Canada Post worker.

Approximately 23 days to receive Canadian Citizenship Certificate back and 26 days for Canadian Passport.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolass

Am_O

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Sent my Canadian Passport application by mail through Canada Xpressport on AUG 8 2020 and it was delivered on AUG 11,2020.
I contacted them on 21st Aug using the link below :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html

Got the following response on 24th of August 2020.
"Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. Passport service have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The processing of application will resume once the situation has been resolved
If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. Please do not reply to this email. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

On August 27th,2020 Passport Office withdraw the application fee ($160) from my account.
On AUG 31 2020 I received the Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate back with my receipt delivered to community mailbox parcel locker.
Then Contacted them again on Aug 31 through the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html to know when to receive my passport. Got the following response on 2nd Sep 2020.

Your passport was sent to you by Xpresspost on August 28, 2020. The Canada Post item number is xxxxxxxxxxx You can track the delivery of your passport at www.canadapost.ca.

Warning: The status of an application can only be provided to the applicant.

VC

With the Canadapost Xpressport tracking number given to me I was able to track it on Canadapost app on my phone
Item accepted Mississauga, ON Aug 28 at 1:11pm
Item processed Mississauga, ON Sept 01 at 7:55pm
Item arrived Calgary , AB Sept 3 at 1:39am
Item processed Calgary,AB at Sept 3 at 6:19am
Item out for delivery Calgary,AB Sept 3 at 7:46am
Delivered Calgary ,AB at 11:32 am - Canadian Paaport Delivered in person by Canada Post worker.

Approximately 23 days to receive Canadian Citizenship Certificate back and 26 days for Canadian Passport.
Thanks for giving details.
I have a question about photos.
Do we need to put stamp on back of both photos or only one photo.
And the gurrantor must write I certify this to be true likeness line by self
Because today I took photos from Jean coutu pharmacy Montreal and they put stamp on both photos with their address today date and I certify to be true likeness line . Photographer told me that they have special stamp to put on back of photo . So they put it on back.
So I am confused.
Please let me know thanks

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Thanks for giving details.
I have a question about photos.
Do we need to put stamp on back of both photos or only one photo.
And the gurrantor must write I certify this to be true likeness line by self
Because today I took photos from Jean coutu pharmacy Montreal and they put stamp on both photos with their address today date and I certify to be true likeness line . Photographer told me that they have special stamp to put on back of photo . So they put it on back.
So I am confused.
Please let me know thanks
yeah you need put stamp at the back of one of the passport photographs and your guarantor need to sign at the back of one the passport with date.

Last edited:

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
received my oath invite today from edmonton office. passed test feb 24 2020 and oath date is sept 25

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Just got my citizenship certificate! 1 week before I got it from Calgary office! One way to go and I am finally done! #passport