+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
Is there any activity from Ottawa office? Has any Ottawa applicant seen any update from ottawa office, whether it's AOR, in progress or virtual oath invite?
Yup. I had my virtual ceremony from Ottawa office on August 26th.

It's been almost 4 weeks since then though and I haven't received the citizenship certificate yet, they seem to be really slow. Called them twice, both times an agent said it is in queue for printing, ugh.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Yup. I had my virtual ceremony from Ottawa office on August 26th.

It's been almost 4 weeks since then though and I haven't received the citizenship certificate yet, they seem to be really slow. Called them twice, both times an agent said it is in queue for printing, ugh.
Thanks, I have a feeling their operations are stalled since last two weeks.

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
received my oath invite today from edmonton office. passed test feb 24 2020 and oath date is sept 25

anyone from edmonton have oath on same day?

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
to apply for Passport after we receive the certificate, below are the documents needed.

i have some questions on the documents

1) Do they return the original Citizenship certificate back to us?
2) Any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name: which document it is ?

Include the following documents with your application form:

- PPTC 153(06-2019) 7of 7 (for requirement checklist - Applying for the first time so checked box 1,2,3,4 and 6 only and leave the one with Any valid Canadian travel document blank).
- Driver licence both front and back in one page and guarantor must signed by each side with date( two signatures with date)
- 2 Passport photos taken within last 6months and one of the passport photo certified by guarantor with date
- Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Credit Card information Page 4 of 7
- Double check before sending by Canada post (Xpressport)

-If you are applying by mail they return your Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate back to you with tracking number.
- You will also get tracking number for your passport too.

I sent my application by mail on August 09,2020 by Canada Post Xpressport and they received it on August 11,2020.
August 31,2020 - Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate Delivered to my community mailbox, parcel locker.
Sept 3,2020 Canadian Passport Delivered by mail lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: TARTAR and rajibsam

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
- PPTC 153(06-2019) 7of 7 (for requirement checklist - Applying for the first time so checked box 1,2,3,4 and 6 only and leave the one with Any valid Canadian travel document blank).
- Driver licence both front and back in one page and guarantor must signed by each side with date( two signatures with date)
- 2 Passport photos taken within last 6months and one of the passport photo certified by guarantor with date
- Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Credit Card information Page 4 of 7
- Double check before sending by Canada post (Xpressport)

-If you are applying by mail they return your Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate back to you with tracking number.
- You will also get tracking number for your passport too.

I sent my application by mail on August 09,2020 by Canada Post Xpressport and they received it on August 11,2020.
August 31,2020 - Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate Delivered to my community mailbox, parcel locker.
Sept 3,2020 Canadian Passport Delivered by mail lady.
How soon after they received your application did they charge your card $160 fee, and when did they email you tracking number on return mails??

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
How soon after they received your application did they charge your card $160 fee, and when did they email you tracking number on return mails??
Sorry to jump in with my experience to show the flip side....

I sent my application by by Canada Post Xpresspost on August 11,2020 and they received it on August 13,2020.
I never got a mail regarding the tracking number till I asked for it. 1st by phone (1-800-567-6868) and then by submitting a status check request at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

Sept 21,2020 Canadian Passport delivered to my mail box.
Sept 21,2020 Canadian citizenship certificate mailed by Canada Post Xpressport from BC. Expected delivery 1 to 3 business days!!
Sept 23,2020 Canadian citizenship certificate in transit (processed at Winnipeg)

On a side note, they opened my application packet only on Sept 11th and printed my passport on 16th. So they are lightening fast once they open the packet. But unfortunately just another example of how IRCC can be unpredictable.

Hope you get your application processed faster.

Cheers!

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Ill
Sorry to jump in with my experience to show the flip side....

I sent my application by by Canada Post Xpresspost on August 11,2020 and they received it on August 13,2020.
I never got a mail regarding the tracking number till I asked for it. 1st by phone (1-800-567-6868) and then by submitting a status check request at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

Sept 21,2020 Canadian Passport delivered to my mail box.
Sept 21,2020 Canadian citizenship certificate mailed by Canada Post Xpressport from BC. Expected delivery 1 to 3 business days!!
Sept 23,2020 Canadian citizenship certificate in transit (processed at Winnipeg)

On a side note, they opened my application packet only on Sept 11th and printed my passport on 16th. So they are lightening fast once they open the packet. But unfortunately just another example of how IRCC can be unpredictable.

Hope you get your application processed faster.

Cheers!
I’ll give them a call next week

SherMOH

Aug 24, 2020
I received email Notice to appear video oath virtual citizenship ceremony on Sept 28 with a link. Do I need to reply my confirmation?. Previously 40 days ago I received email expression of interest which I confirmed

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I received email Notice to appear video oath virtual citizenship ceremony on Sept 28 with a link. Do I need to reply my confirmation?. Previously 40 days ago I received email expression of interest which I confirmed
Since you already confirmed the expression of interest email you don't have to reply the confirm for the notice to appear email unless they want a confirmation explicitly.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Did any Ottawa applicant received any update recently? Please let is know as I haven't seen any activity from ircc Ottawa recently.