+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Many 'decision made' clients plus those who'd prior scheduled oaths ceremonies but cancelled, are scratching their heads as to why they aren't being contacted by ircc for virtual oaths. They're supposed to be contacted first being "Ceremony Ready Clients". Contrarily, others who neither had DM status nor received any oath invite earlier, are relatively in fast-mode and receiving virtual oath invitations. It's complex, weird and confusing; don't know how ircc is dealing with.

***I'm guessing, previous DM and/or oath cancelled clients are undergoing some re-screening checks and re-clearances etc.***

I called IRCC today and was given a generic response: they are now contacting ceremony ready clients and I was asked to keep an eye on my email/ phone. Hope good news will come soon...
Client Support always gives you a very general response. I called twice in June and even July, and response was "you should wait". My DM was in Jan and got oath ceremony cancelled in March 2020; till no update.

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
Many 'decision made' clients plus those who'd prior scheduled oaths ceremonies but cancelled, are scratching their heads as to why they aren't being contacted by ircc for virtual oaths. They're supposed to be contacted first being "Ceremony Ready Clients". Contrarily, others who neither had DM status nor received any oath invite earlier, are relatively in fast-mode and receiving virtual oath invitations. It's complex, weird and confusing; don't know how ircc is dealing with.

***I'm guessing, previous DM and/or oath cancelled clients are undergoing some re-screening checks and re-clearances etc.***

Client Support always gives you a very general response. I called twice in June and even July, and response was "you should wait". My DM was in Jan and got oath ceremony cancelled in March 2020; till no update.
How come? I heard someone DM in March already got oath invitation...

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Has anyone from the Scarborough office seen any movement?
Yes I am from Scarborough. Interview was held on 5th February,2020, DM 6th Feb, Original oath scheduled for 31st March 2020 and then cancelled. Now on Monday 13th July I I got a call from a number starting with 416 xxx for my virtual oath on 22nd Jujly,2020. I am just waiting 22nd July to come.
Wish you all for early oath who are waiting for oath ceremony.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes, don’t forget your name in capital letters where it says applicant. The rest blank.
Did you by any chance fill it out electronically? I am slightly confused as to whether I still need to have a printed copy to show them if I choose to do it electronically (as I have no printer, haha).

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Did my oath yesterday! Took 10 minutes! 2-4 weeks to receive the certificate and I am done! :)
Congratulations. Please share whether link sent by IRCC will take directly to Zoom or I have to download Zoom app on my laptop. Mine virtual oath is scheduled for 22nd July and also share as to whether Oath format sent by IRCC by email is to be filled manually by taking out print or be filled online before taking out print. Thanks.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Congratulations. Please share whether link sent by IRCC will take directly to Zoom or I have to download Zoom app on my laptop. Mine virtual oath is scheduled for 22nd July and also share as to whether Oath format sent by IRCC by email is to be filled manually by taking out print or be filled online before taking out print. Thanks.
CONGRATS
could you both share> test date and original oath date please.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
In the instructions it says to download the app.

Reactions: mpsqra

ksuresh24

Oct 27, 2013
Hello All,

Today, we completed our journey of becoming Canadian Citizens by participating in Video Oath ceremony. The certificates will be sent via regular mail within 2-4 weeks. Thank you all members for sharing teie timelines to get an idea of where we stood during course of this journey. Special thanks to hero/ star or original members to start this thread and keep updating the excel files for all of us. Best of luck and wishes to all remaining members to have their journey completed soon. It's not an end of our collaboration, it's just a new start! Stay safe and healthy during these tough times.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello All,

Today, we completed our journey of becoming Canadian Citizens by participating in Video Oath ceremony. The certificates will be sent via regular mail within 2-4 weeks. Thank you all members for sharing teie timelines to get an idea of where we stood during course of this journey. Special thanks to hero/ star or original members to start this thread and keep updating the excel files for all of us. Best of luck and wishes to all remaining members to have their journey completed soon. It's not an end of our collaboration, it's just a new start! Stay safe and healthy during these tough times.
CONGRATS
could you please share> test date and original oath date.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hello All,

Congratulations! :)
I am wondering, how does the signing work? Do you sign so they can see you doing it / share screen?

ksuresh24

Oct 27, 2013
Congratulations! :)
I am wondering, how does the signing work? Do you sign so they can see you doing it / share screen?
It's simple, you could do either opt to sign on printed paper or e-signature. All the instruction would be given in the email invite.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
It's simple, you could do either opt to sign on printed paper or e-signature. All the instruction would be given in the email invite.
Thanks! I did get the instructions. Just not entirely sure if the print out is still required if I do e-signature, because the printed out paper is listed as something you need to have handy.