+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I've got a question about the interview. In the document checklist for child applicants, it say we need to send translations of any documents along with an affidavit from the translator.

We've sent all that. But in the interview invitation, they say that if you applied for a child, you have to take all their documents along with their original birth certificate and translation. But the translation has already been sent.

Does that mean we now have to get another translation of the same document?
A copy of what was sent will suffice

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
I have a question, on the application it asks us to fill details of passports/travel documents during the period used to calculate eligibility (05 years) and it states that we will have to show originals during interview. On the test invite letter, it asks to carry all passports/travel documents (current and expired). Do we need to bring all passports, or just the ones we mentioned in the application?

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the test invite today. The test is on the 1st of April. Please update the sheet.

Time to prepare!

Reactions: DOD

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Hi admin,

Can you please update my status on line 79. I became a citizen on 04-Mar-20. I received my invitation to the Oath on 03-Mar-20. The ECAS updated to completed on 05-Mar-20.

Reactions: DOD

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Same here.. .still no news from Scarborough, but some people did the next day Oath Ceremony! What the heck
I find this situation interesting. I did my test on the 3rd of March and I was invited on the spot to take the oath on the 4th. There were quite a few other individuals who were invited for the oath the next day as I did see them at the ceremony as well.

pjoshi394

Oct 16, 2019
Hi All,
I gave test on Jan 22 2020 at Calgary Location. But i have not received any invitation for oath till now. One of my friend gave exam in 17 Feb and he hot the oath ceremony invitation today. Should i consider anything negative?
My test score was 20/20. Please advise. I am getting impatience now.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Hi All,
I gave test on Jan 22 2020 at Calgary Location. But i have not received any invitation for oath till now. One of my friend gave exam in 17 Feb and he hot the oath ceremony invitation today. Should i consider anything negative?
I am still waiting for the oath too, but I think its case to case basis.

Rahul_kar

Jan 2, 2020
Hi All,
I passed my test on Dec 9th, still waiting.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
The ECAS status changed to DM on Feb 28th, for me during the test there was no interview and they did not verify passport stamping, was told that will be getting oath letter in 5-8 weeks.
That's weird. Is it normal not to have interview though? When I had mine, they verified the stamps of my passports and ask me about my job. It took like 10 mins for her to finished everything. I hope yours will come soon! Some folks after you already got their oath taking! No fair!

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
My test was yesterday at Mississauga location. Got 20/20. Oath in 5-8 weeks.
I have the test Wednesday you can tell me if it's easy