+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
I am sick of the wait. I did not know but now I regret applying from Brampton. Historical data for citizenship from 2018 shows Brampton to have the most delayed process. While our friends in the west coast are able to get their citizenship in 7-8 months. My friends from Brampton have not received exam despite waiting for 12 months. :( If you have any friend of yours please tell them DO NOT apply from Brampton. Go anywhere else if they want their citizenship at the earliest.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey guys, what do you guys suggest I do.

So I am travelling in March for 2 weeks and I fear that my test could be scheduled during that time. Is it possible to email CIC and request for an earlier test date?

che2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hey guys, what do you guys suggest I do.

So I am travelling in March for 2 weeks and I fear that my test could be scheduled during that time. Is it possible to email CIC and request for an earlier test date?
you can use the web form to inform them your travel dates. you can certainly request an earlier time but they probably wouldn't listen to you anyways lol . I emailed them about my travel in Jan-feb, and no they did not send me test invite before my departure. in process since nov 20. good luck.

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
Any Ottawa application still pending for a test invite? Hope i'm not the only one here. There were a few invites to July Ottawa applicants 3 weeks ago but it has become quiet since then...
Same with me... anxiously waiting for the test invite and Ottawa office doesn't seem to invite everyone with same application dates :-/

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015

Hello.

Just trying to see if anyone has recently been in this situation.

I wrote my Citizenship Test on the 8th Of January 2019(19/20) in Scarborough but during the interview the officer requested that i mail I-94 report from the US Homeland Security and send to the address(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Attn: **). This request was due to some same day trips i made across the border(Live in Niagara Falls close to the border), couldn't/didn't keep track and was not declared on my Physical Presence Calculator.

Luckily I was able to get the record online, i mailed and it delivered Friday 10th, Jan 2019.

My Questions...

Is there a possibility of this delaying my application process?

Do they(officers/agents) attend to the additional request immediately its received? I confirmed from the tracking that it was delivered and received by someone in the mail room of Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Since i was told to mail the additional document to ATTN: XX, does that mean it will be treated by the XX? (Probably the agent i had my interview with)

When can i expect DM( Decision Made)? application still showing in process in ECAS.

Can i contact the office(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration) directly or visit the office to get a status update?

Thank You

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
I wonder what's taking the DM's and Oaths so long to come through in Montreal!!!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
you can use the web form to inform them your travel dates. you can certainly request an earlier time but they probably wouldn't listen to you anyways lol . I emailed them about my travel in Jan-feb, and no they did not send me test invite before my departure. in process since nov 20. good luck.

Oh really!! Now I'm wondering if I should even bother lol

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Hi all
I just checked my ecas and it said
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 31, 2020 at 10:00 AM.

But until now Jan 14, I didn't receive any email. So how long i will receive the email notice? I am sure the email address is correct as I received the AOR before.

Any comment? Do I need to call CIC?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Hi all
I just checked my ecas and it said
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 31, 2020 at 10:00 AM.

But until now Jan 14, I didn't receive any email. So how long i will receive the email notice? I am sure the email address is correct as I received the AOR before.

Any comment? Do I need to call CIC?
wait for two more business days if you do not get the email call customer service. You are very luckly indeed.