+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone. Any updates regarding how long does it take to get the passport. I. had applied for mine on Sept 7th, and still no updates.
My application was received on 8th Sep and no update yet. i called them today and they said wait till next week as of now they don't have any update.

Reactions: TARTAR

AAALLL

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
ecas finally updated to "complete" last night/today, and reflects the oath date. Still no cert yet, completed the oath on Fri, Sept 25th. Hopefully will receive it shortly!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Since I’m still waiting for the tests to restart, I had to renew my PR card. Once I get the new card, anyone know if I need to update my citizen application with the new card?

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ecas finally updated to "complete" last night/today, and reflects the oath date. Still no cert yet, completed the oath on Fri, Sept 25th. Hopefully will receive it shortly!
i did my oath on 25 too from edmonton office. not update on ecas yet.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Since I’m still waiting for the tests to restart, I had to renew my PR card. Once I get the new card, anyone know if I need to update my citizen application with the new card?
No need to update cic on new PR card or passport or any other ID you submitted.

axbisw

Apr 21, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
I had my virtual oath ceremony today (October 9, 2020) in Vancouver. It was a pretty smooth process. The ceremony was with 17 applicants and there were four IRCC officials present. We were told to expect the Citizen Certification in the mail in about 3-4 weeks.
Application date: July 15, 2019
Test: January 20, 2020

Sackville

Jan 5, 2019
Hello Everyone, I need help with question 8B for Minor's application and I do not want to make a mistake. The questions says "Surname/Last name (name before marriage if applicable)". I do no think it is applicable to me so I put my wife's marital last name instead of maiden last name. I only put maiden's last name in 8C.
Is this correct? Thank you.

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
Hi lovely people

just to summarize what I learned here from all the nice discussions is that it takes around 3-6 weeks to receive citizenship certificate counting from oath date & passport will take around 4 weeks from passport application received date.

To understand the procedure after receiving the citizenship certificate : how do we apply for the passport ? Is it an application we have to fill & send with citizenship certificate thru mail to CIC ? Also will the passport be sent back by mail to the applicant or it has to be received in person ?

For the citizenship certificate after completing the oath : do we just have to wait for it to be sent by mail automatically after the oath or is there an application step we have to do to get this initiated ?

Thank you & much appreciated

Have a great day

Reactions: buzztreat

buzztreat

Jun 8, 2016
Just received my notice to appear for the online oath. :) Surrey office. And I have the same Qs about the citizenship certificate & passport as our friend in the previous post.

Last edited:

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi lovely people

just to summarize what I learned here from all the nice discussions is that it takes around 3-6 weeks to receive citizenship certificate counting from oath date & passport will take around 4 weeks from passport application received date.

To understand the procedure after receiving the citizenship certificate : how do we apply for the passport ? Is it an application we have to fill & send with citizenship certificate thru mail to CIC ? Also will the passport be sent back by mail to the applicant or it has to be received in person ?

For the citizenship certificate after completing the oath : do we just have to wait for it to be sent by mail automatically after the oath or is there an application step we have to do to get this initiated ?

Thank you & much appreciated

Have a great day
Apply for the passport by mail for non urgent processing or prove the urgency for an in-person appointment to apply for the passport.
In both the cases you have to fill in the passport application form and submit it along with the required documents including the original citizenship certificate. In the application form you need to give details of 2 references and also have to provide a guarantor's signature in it.
Once the passport is processed, the passport as well as the original citizenship certificate are sent back via mail to the applicant.

As a side note, there are many threads in this forum discussing the process of passport application that you can browse to know more.
You can also find all the details by browsing through the official link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html

For the citizenship certificate after completing the oath : IRCC sends the certificate by regular mail and you don't have to do anything other than waiting after you send them the signed oath form after the oath ceremony.

Take care. All the best!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Any July 2019 applicant who is yet to receive a test date ????

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
Any July 2019 applicant who is yet to receive a test date ????
I applied in june 2019 and case under process since October 2019

No test date until now. I dont see anyone getting any test notifications or doing any tests . Not sure whats the future expectation on this one

Would like to also listen to feedback of others on this

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
I applied in june 2019 and case under process since October 2019

No test date until now. I dont see anyone getting any test notifications or doing any tests . Not sure whats the future expectation on this one

Would like to also listen to feedback of others on this
Hi All

Does anyone know how to reach out to CIC to get any info/update on my case thru all possible channels : email, phone, website link etc..

Thank you all & have a great day.