Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
23-06-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 14-08-2015, PPR:18-08-2015
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
I have the same question. I had my test on January 8th and my ECAS is still in process. :(
Looks like we're sailing the same boat, except my status changed to Decision Made next day after I passed my test (on Jan 13). Still waiting, have no idea at all how long further we'll have to wait, it's so frustrating ☹

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
Question, after virtual oath ceremony, how long does it take to receive the citizenship certificate??
it's been 1 month and 6 days for me and I have not received my certificate from Ottawa office yet. I called them every day this week and every time the response that it is in queue for printing. So it wildly depends on your processing office

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Question, after virtual oath ceremony, how long does it take to receive the citizenship certificate??
It all depends on the agent/ office handling your file. But if you need to travel in less than 30 days and can prove such, then you should let them know and it will be delivered in time to also apply for passport.

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
It all depends on the agent/ office handling your file. But if you need to travel in less than 30 days and can prove such, then you should let them know and it will be delivered in time to also apply for passport.
I don't think it works the same way for the certificates as it does for passports. At the ceremony I was asked if I need to travel any time soon and I said yes, that my flight is in one month, so the agent did a note on my file. Then I let various agents know that I need my certificate asap when a couple of weeks passed and submitted IRCC form inquiry with the ticket attached. They said that the timeline of the certificate arrival cannot be influenced, it is up to my processing office and that they operate at reduced capacity due to the virus

p.s. my trip date already passed 4 days ago, still nothing in mail after almost 6 weeks of waiting

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
it's been 1 month and 6 days for me and I have not received my certificate from Ottawa office yet. I called them every day this week and every time the response that it is in queue for printing. So it wildly depends on your processing office
I know your frustrations! I got my certificate after 1 month and 7 days (Montreal office). I think it depends on your agent, 2 of my neighbors who had their oath the same date as mine received their certificate after 1 week and 2nd week respectively post oath...

Reactions: Anastasia_Y

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
I don't think it works the same way for the certificates as it does for passports. At the ceremony I was asked if I need to travel any time soon and I said yes, that my flight is in one month, so the agent did a note on my file. Then I let various agents know that I need my certificate asap when a couple of weeks passed and submitted IRCC form inquiry with the ticket attached. They said that the timeline of the certificate arrival cannot be influenced, it is up to my processing office and that they operate at reduced capacity due to the virus

p.s. my trip date already passed 4 days ago, still nothing in mail after almost 6 weeks of waiting
Ok

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020

Thanks for sharing

If you received your certificate after the oath - can you use it with your original home-country passport to travel out & back to Canada or you still need to wait until you issue the canadian passport to be able to travel ?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing

If you received your certificate after the oath - can you use it with your original home-country passport to travel out & back to Canada or you still need to wait until you issue the canadian passport to be able to travel ?
you can go out anytime but you need to have passport/visa to come back to Canada as citizenship certificate is not accepted by airlines

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Thanks for sharing

Citizenship certificate is not a travel document... A PR Card or visa is a travel document, which is used along with a valid passport from your country of birth...

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Citizenship certificate is not a travel document... A PR Card or visa is a travel document, which is used along with a valid passport from your country of birth...
Pls how is the citizenship certificate posted out . Is it normal canada post or special delivery .thanks

hans42

Aug 24, 2019
Hello everyone. Any updates regarding how long does it take to get the passport. I. had applied for mine on Sept 7th, and still no updates.

Reactions: TARTAR

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Hello everyone. Any updates regarding how long does it take to get the passport. I. had applied for mine on Sept 7th, and still no updates.
Give them a call and they will provide update immediately or you can submit an online form and a response will be available in about 2-3 days

Reactions: hans42

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
4 weeks from the date of app receipt!

Reactions: hans42