+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Guys, Just a quick update. Had my virtual citizenship today through zoom. Super easy, only half an hour duration. They will make sure the address, will check the PR card and another photo ID. They will describe the process (total of 4 officials including clerk, judge, and 2 more persons including a person who knows how to operate the zoom. You can take photos and videos. You have to recite the oath and in the end, just sign the oath form and scan it back to them. You also have to cut the PR card into pieces in front of the camera. The certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks. My journey to citizenship ends here. Good luck to everybody who is in line. Seems like this provision at this point is only available to people who have already passed the test.

pjoshi394

Oct 16, 2019
Guys, Just a quick update. Had my virtual citizenship today through zoom. Super easy, only half an hour duration. They will make sure the address, will check the PR card and another photo ID. They will describe the process (total of 4 officials including clerk, judge, and 2 more persons including a person who knows how to operate the zoom. You can take photos and videos. You have to recite the oath and in the end, just sign the oath form and scan it back to them. You also have to cut the PR card into pieces in front of the camera. The certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks. My journey to citizenship ends here. Good luck to everybody who is in line. Seems like this provision at this point is only available to people who have already passed the test.
Congratulations! is it one to one call or there are other people also?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...

Caitlyn T

Apr 21, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
The only question is I read multiple times here that the law prohibits IRCC from having virtual oath ceremony, in the lack of an actual email (nothing in spam), I dunno whether it is physical or virtual. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow so that I can call them!
I just looked this up this evening... looks like they are beginning some virtual oaths. This states that "We’re now inviting some applicants to do a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Caitlyn T

Apr 21, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
@Caitlyn T
have you heard back anything about your oath ceremonty? I am still waiting. I believe we gave citizenship test on same date.
Nothing yet. I even just checked. But i know there were also some people who were scheduled before us that ended up getting cancelled. Unfortunately, it's a waiting game.

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I just looked this up this evening... looks like they are beginning some virtual oaths. This states that "We’re now inviting some applicants to do a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html
Thats Great official news now :) , though we have some members who mentioned about their virtual oath. Hope to see our turn soon.

Reactions: Caitlyn T

Robinho

Nov 12, 2019
Hi dears...did anyone in ottawa already had a virtual ceremony? I am just noticing people in other cities such as toronto, montreal, calgary, halifax but not ottawa!

bkousha

Jun 14, 2020
hi , last monday I send my application citizenship form to immigration , how long it to send me a confirmation ? the confirmation is going to be sent by email or mail ?