+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi
Has anyone here applied for citizenship and left Canada?
Does anyone know of a requirement that one has to be resident in Canada for a period of time immediately before the interview?
I and family don't have a Canadian license or Health card because they have expired. Will this have an impact on our interview documentation or is that only to establish identity? We still have pr cards and our British passports.
Thanks for any advice and hope everyone is safe. Cheers.

Subtle27ray

Jul 7, 2019
Hi everyone... anyone has any updates if they will be doing ceremonies for applications that are approved ? I heard from someone who was approved for PR before covid pandemic And had sent passport to cic got passport back this friday. Did anyone hear anything about citizenship applications ?

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
Hi everyone... anyone has any updates if they will be doing ceremonies for applications that are approved ? I heard from someone who was approved for PR before covid pandemic And had sent passport to cic got passport back this friday. Did anyone hear anything about citizenship applications ?
this doesn't need people gathering, but the Oath Ceremony need. So, it is hard to say when, it will take time for sure.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Guys, I have some exciting news to share. I just checked eCas and apparently I was sent a notice to appear for a ceremony on June 5. I am in Calgary and my original date was March 16th originally. Now my question to you guys is, does anybody know whether it is virtual or real? I did not get any email yet. I saw somebody named izz83 got a virtual ceremony invite (June 2) in Edmonton. If you can please shed some light or have any other information, that will be highly appreciated. [Cross Posted in different threads].

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
Guys, I have some exciting news to share. I just checked eCas and apparently I was sent a notice to appear for a ceremony on June 5. I am in Calgary and my original date was March 16th originally. Now my question to you guys is, does anybody know whether it is virtual or real? I did not get any email yet. I saw somebody named izz83 got a virtual ceremony invite (June 2) in Edmonton. If you can please shed some light or have any other information, that will be highly appreciated. [Cross Posted in different threads].
it is a normal process or urgently process?

haggisbasher

Feb 12, 2020
Good news indeed, my family was scheduled for March 28 so hopefully we are close behind you. Nothing on ECAS yet.

Reactions: Sam8119

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Good news indeed, my family was scheduled for March 28 so hopefully we are close behind you. Nothing on ECAS yet.
Looks like only Alberta has restarted the oath ceremonies. So dates of original ceremonies may not matter, would depend on the local processing office. Good luck!

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like only Alberta has restarted the oath ceremonies. So dates of original ceremonies may not matter, would depend on the local processing office. Good luck!
I am pretty sure it’s gonna be virtual, hopefully GTA offices can handle it as well, but we have much more applications versus the prairies

haggisbasher

Feb 12, 2020
Virtual ceremonies may actually help the bigger centres. Depending on how its actually done there could be more people in a virtual ceremony than can be accomodated in a room at the office.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I am pretty sure it’s gonna be virtual, hopefully GTA offices can handle it as well, but we have much more applications versus the prairies
The only question is I read multiple times here that the law prohibits IRCC from having virtual oath ceremony, in the lack of an actual email (nothing in spam), I dunno whether it is physical or virtual. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow so that I can call them!

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
The only question is I read multiple times here that the law prohibits IRCC from having virtual oath ceremony, in the lack of an actual email (nothing in spam), I dunno whether it is physical or virtual. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow so that I can call them!
Did you call the IRCC this week?

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Please point me to the law that prohibits virtual ceremonies.

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Finish my citizenship test and interview Feb 6th, no news so far.
Hope everyone is safe here.
I was February 10, also still no news. They told me it would take 2-4 months to verify land crossings, and then the pandemic happened...so I have no idea where it is in the process now.