+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>July 2019 AOR<<<<<<<-----Join here

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello guys, I hope you all are staying safe in these trying times?

I guess I should start from the beginning. So my PR was declined in December 2019 (BOWP was also declined) and then I was out of status. I had to quickly re-apply for a study permit and paid restoration fee. My study permit was just approved yesterday and studies are to start in September 2020 (it was deferred from May to September by the school due to covid-19). I have most of my documents ready for another PR application (including WES and IELTS). My question is can I apply for PR before i resume studies? I will be in school when its being processed.

MickeyMoore05

Dec 3, 2018
Hello guys, I hope you all are staying safe in these trying times?

I guess I should start from the beginning. So my PR was declined in December 2019 (BOWP was also declined) and then I was out of status. I had to quickly re-apply for a study permit and paid restoration fee. My study permit was just approved yesterday and studies are to start in September 2020 (it was deferred from May to September by the school due to covid-19). I have most of my documents ready for another PR application (including WES and IELTS). My question is can I apply for PR before i resume studies? I will be in school when its being processed.
Of course you can. Nothing is keeping you from applying. Also how did you lose your student status? Did your visa expire or what?

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Of course you can. Nothing is keeping you from applying. Also how did you lose your student status? Did your visa expire or what?
Thanks for replying. I was actually on a work permit before the PR got declined. I already did my education here in Canada before I started working.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello all,
I have a question: for someone whose PR was refused in December 2019, now she has qualified to apply again (still in express entry - CEC) but can not remember all the work history for the past 10 years and all the addresses exactly as she filled it in the past application. She has been going through her profile from the past application but cannot find it. Please how can she find it? Does it have to be exactly the same in this new application?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hello all,
I have a question: for someone whose PR was refused in December 2019, now she has qualified to apply again (still in express entry - CEC) but can not remember all the work history for the past 10 years and all the addresses exactly as she filled it in the past application. She has been going through her profile from the past application but cannot find it. Please how can she find it? Does it have to be exactly the same in this new application?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
She can ask for GCMS notes about her previous application which is a pdf with everything she sent for the application plus the notes IRCC made on it, why it was refused etc. It cost 5 dollars and it takes a month to get the email (now maybe more).

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
She can ask for GCMS notes about her previous application which is a pdf with everything she sent for the application plus the notes IRCC made on it, why it was refused etc. It cost 5 dollars and it takes a month to get the email (now maybe more).
Thanks for your reply. She did get her GCMS notes already but didnt pay anything. also, she has been in Canada and still is. The GCMS notes she ordered is 112 pages and contains officer's notes but dosent contain the work/personal history and addresses lived. Please advise what to do

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply. She did get her GCMS notes already but didnt pay anything. also, she has been in Canada and still is. The GCMS notes she ordered is 112 pages and contains officer's notes but dosent contain the work/personal history and addresses lived. Please advise what to do
I checked my GCMS notes and you have the work history. Around page 20 to page 30 in my case.
After that there's all my degrees.

But you're right, i didn't find the adresses. At least it's a start for her.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I checked my GCMS notes and you have the work history. Around page 20 to page 30 in my case.
After that there's all my degrees.

But you're right, i didn't find the adresses. At least it's a start for her.
this has been resolved. Thanks

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

My PR was refused in December 2019 (AOR - July 2019). Now I am about to re-enter the pool. I found out that I made a mistake, claiming employment from back home where I worked, going back to my forms signed with the company, i found out it was self-employment. In this new application, I am not claiming points for foreign experience (only canadian experience-CEC). In my personal history section of my EE profile, I sill have to list the companies from back home as part of my history.

My question is do I leave it as EMPLOYMENT in my personal history and provide a letter of explanation stating that I wont be claiming points for foreign work experience? Or do I change it to self-employment and provide some supporting documents (like the forms i signed with the company, ID card, bank statements showing i was paid by the companies and letters from some of my business partners attesting that I worked with them) and an affidavit stating that it was a honest mistake?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Hi guys,

My PR was refused in December 2019 (AOR - July 2019). Now I am about to re-enter the pool. I found out that I made a mistake, claiming employment from back home where I worked, going back to my forms signed with the company, i found out it was self-employment. In this new application, I am not claiming points for foreign experience (only canadian experience-CEC). In my personal history section of my EE profile, I sill have to list the companies from back home as part of my history.

My question is do I leave it as EMPLOYMENT in my personal history and provide a letter of explanation stating that I wont be claiming points for foreign work experience? Or do I change it to self-employment and provide some supporting documents (like the forms i signed with the company, ID card, bank statements showing i was paid by the companies and letters from some of my business partners attesting that I worked with them) and an affidavit stating that it was a honest mistake?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

If possible, Could you tell me how you were notified that your application was rejected? By email? MyCic Account?

Thx