+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
how do you know its 10 days to respond? my lawyer sent them an email on the 4th and we haven't had a response
Each visa office is different. When my husband sent out the email, they sent him a confirmation email after 1 day stating that they have received the email. They will forward the email to right department and it will take 10 business days to hear back from them.

Oct 4, 2018
@gimo98, did you hear anything yet? We are over our 12 month period. Sent an inquiry to Sydney Australia last week, no response yet (standered time to reply is 10 business day) :(

I’m also waiting for Sydney Australia to reply to our email requesting an update.. 11 days and waiting. We are past the 12months. Supplied additional information back in March and nothing since.

Reactions: s_n _10

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Each visa office is different. When my husband sent out the email, they sent him a confirmation email after 1 day stating that they have received the email. They will forward the email to right department and it will take 10 business days to hear back from them.
I’m 46 days of the 12 months mark. Medical, bio both passed back in March... yet my visa is still in Sydney Canada.. I’m Outland UK :(

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Finally received DM July 15th, approved on GCKEY! Just waiting on VFS VAC for passport from Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy. I found it weird that after DM they listed all the dates they medical was done and BGC started. I found that they did BGC after receiving our application, so I guess once they get transfer application to local VO's they do a quick check again on documents and matter of when someone starts application. Stay strong guys. Timeline in Signature

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • October 16, 2018 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 23, 2018 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • October 16, 2018 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • July 15, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Last edited:

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Any news after updates? Nothing for me :(

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Sometimes it’s take upto two days after the update for some people to see change on there profile , just wait for it some good news may be on the way.
Thank you! For positive vibes.

Reactions: gimo98
Feb 4, 2019
9 days and the year is up.

I understand the logistics but ghosting someone who has paid a large sum of money to apply isn’t very helpful. The last correspondence I had was 7th January. Which was transfer of file to London visa office. From there on nothing.

This whole situation seems to exacerbated by the summer holidays, would anyone know what months seem to be if at all the most productive for CIC?

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I’m also waiting for Sydney Australia to reply to our email requesting an update.. 11 days and waiting. We are past the 12months. Supplied additional information back in March and nothing since.
ah same boat, sent additional documents in March since than dead silence.

Bepatientso

Jan 21, 2019

I understand the logistics but ghosting someone who has paid a large sum of money to apply isn’t very helpful. The last correspondence I had was 7th January. Which was transfer of file to London visa office. From there on nothing.

This whole situation seems to exacerbated by the summer holidays, would anyone know what months seem to be if at all the most productive for CIC?
The same situation here. The last e-mail i received is from january to inform me that my file has been transfered to visa office. Nothing after that.
3 days before the 12 months.,

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Finally received DM July 15th, approved on GCKEY! Just waiting on VFS VAC for passport from Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy. I found it weird that after DM they listed all the dates they medical was done and BGC started. I found that they did BGC after receiving our application, so I guess once they get transfer application to local VO's they do a quick check again on documents and matter of when someone starts application. Stay strong guys. Timeline in Signature

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • October 16, 2018 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 23, 2018 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • October 16, 2018 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • July 15, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I'm a bit confused. If your BGC was completed on Oct.16, what happened with the BGC on June 20?

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018

Ha , Ha! That question is unfathomable. You may as well ask about the meaning of life.

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I'm a bit confused. If your BGC was completed on Oct.16, what happened with the BGC on June 20?
thats what i said as well.. we got an update on profile june 20th that bgc has started and when the DM came out, it was listed like that on gckey status. I just copied and pasted what it said on our account.. o_O weird.. also i think before SA eligibility they do bgc already before forwarding application to VO's and once passed, local vo's just double check application again for any missing documents etc etc.. and maybe the reason for backlogs depends on where your application is located and how deep it is on their mountain pile. lol

Last edited:

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
The same situation here. The last e-mail i received is from january to inform me that my file has been transfered to visa office. Nothing after that.
3 days before the 12 months.,
Please send a webform enquiry to your VO as you are at your last days of the 1 year mark.. I sent in a a webform on our 10th month since our application was silent since november 2018 and they got back to us with a proper answer and a much better result than our first enquiry which was 6months ago and this time with a statement saying "application is due for review within the next month, exact date and day are not confirmed" and soon after that updates just rolled in.. strongly suggest sending webform, don't order gcm notes or whatever they're called. what im trying to say is that they're more accountable now regarding to any questions or concerns you have with your application since your close or about to pass 1year mark.

Last edited: