+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

canadian-guy

Jul 30, 2018
Our application was received on July 26. We only got a temporary file number 3 weeks ago by calling IRCC.
I see that some middle-July applications have moved to next steps after their longtime waiting.
May I know if there are couples in July like us stilling waiting for AOR?
July 28th, still waiting

hstanfordsalmon

Sep 11, 2018
July 19th App here and I have just tried to link with my GCKey and it has finally worked!! Not received any AOR email, but now have a UCI number and says on GCKey that they are processing my application. Happy days after a 115 day wait!

Reactions: Aref.P and cbliss

hstanfordsalmon

Sep 11, 2018
July 19th App here and I have just tried to link with my GCKey and it has finally worked!! Not received any AOR email, but now have a UCI number and says on GCKey that they are processing my application. Happy days after a 115 day wait!
Also because I'm from the UK it is saying I don't need a medical, and also dont need a background check as provided a police certificate up front. It says no additional documents are needed and that they are just assessing my eligibility. What are the next steps from here if they dont need medicals etc from me? Any ideas on timescale from here?

Reactions: cbliss

iceNikki

Sep 26, 2018
Hi guys!
So I sent my passport to Rome VO 2 weeks ago and fiballf today they told me they are ready to send my COPR!
Here's my timeline, outland from Italy:

App received: July 3rd
AOR1: September 28th
ECAS in process: September 28th
DM on ECAS for sponsor: October 2nd
Medical Request: October 2nd
Sponsor Approval: October 4th
Medical Exam: October 9th
Medical Passed: October 11th
BGC started: October 12th
PPR and DM for PA on ECAS: October 18th
Passport received (Rome VO): October 24th
Application approved on MyCIC: November 7th
COPR ready: November 8th

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Our application was received on July 26. We only got a temporary file number 3 weeks ago by calling IRCC.
I see that some middle-July applications have moved to next steps after their longtime waiting.
May I know if there are couples in July like us stilling waiting for AOR?
Hello,

We are July 19th and no AOR yet. PA country is England.

Doc_raman_saini

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
The update should come very soon, probably early this week. My wife did her medical exam on the 9th and the panel physician sent the results to IRCC that same day. After almost two days, we already got an update
Anybody waiting fr file transfer..its been over month we disnt got any update yet

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
QUESTION! So I see a lot of you sending your passports in [mailing in] to get stamped.
Me and my husband live only an hour away from each other, except he is in the USA and I am in Canada [Isn't this crazy how much work we need to go through even though we are so close! silly government]

So when we get the pre-arrival e-mail/request to send in the passport, are we able to just drive across the border like we normally do, and they stamp his passport right there? and then our process is done?

Or do we have to send it in, wait for it to be stamped, mailed back etc..

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
How did you link it I tried soon many times and didn't work

peace_lover

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
QUESTION! So I see a lot of you sending your passports in [mailing in] to get stamped.
Me and my husband live only an hour away from each other, except he is in the USA and I am in Canada [Isn't this crazy how much work we need to go through even though we are so close! silly government]

So when we get the pre-arrival e-mail/request to send in the passport, are we able to just drive across the border like we normally do, and they stamp his passport right there? and then our process is done?

Or do we have to send it in, wait for it to be stamped, mailed back etc..
I think you would need to follow the usual procedure, irrespective of your situation.