+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

babesxcheng

Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a concern and any advises or suggestions really matter.

To start with, I have a friend whose husband is a PR in Canada. (He was sponsored by his parent the reason why he became PR) When his sponsor is applying for the PR, his sponsor (parent) declared that he is single and not into a common law relationship. Now, they got married, and since they only rushed their marriage due to a limited vacation time and since they already have a child, they got married with the help of a letter of Cohabitation and it was stated on the Marriage Certificate. Is he still eligible to sponsor his wife? Will there be any problems when he will apply for a spousal sponsorship?

Thank you so much. God bless ♥

babesxcheng

Aug 19, 2018
Was it a Proxy Marriage then? Not clear..!
Thank you for responding Sir!

Nope, not a proxy marriage.. They got married without Marriage License they just used the letter of cohabitation as a replacement of a Marriage license instead since here in the Philippines, as long as you have an Affidavit of Cohabitation, it is okay to get married without Marriage License and before you can get a Marriage License, there's a couple of procedure and will took a couple of weeks before you will get the ML. The vacation time of the guy was limited, so, they just opt to get a letter of cohabitation the fact that they already have a child who is more than 5 years old during the time they got married. Their child is also a PR in Canada now. Now, their problem is that, the guy's parent (the one who sponsored him) declared to the guy's application before that he is single and not into common-law relationship. So now, in their marriage certificate, they use the letter of cohabitation for their marriage. Will there be any problems if ever he will apply his wife now for spousal sponsorship? Was the application applied by his parent before he got his PR will cause a problem to his spousal sponsorship? Need help for this matter. Thank you.

bk23k

Jun 15, 2018
hello, need guidance in knowing how to tag pictures of wedding. since we have to tag the persons in the pictures, event description and date. do i use an extra sheet tag or do it ON the print out of the picture on A4 size paper. i have no idea how to go about doing it . please help.

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Sydney were doing INLAND before; so I don't think staff is being trained. There is not huge diff in Inland and Outland. We should tweet to some higher ups like ,PM ? Since they promised they will prefer families to join soon.
I read on one of the facebook groups for spousal sponsorship that someone was thinking about starting a petition! If I find the link I’ll post it later on during the day.

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
So as per promises were made they are not giving 1st preferences 4 the families to join together :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So as per promises were made they are not giving 1st preferences 4 the families to join together :(
? How are they not? Because you feel AOR is coming too slowly?

You can't look at it that way. It used to take years to process these applications. These promises made were a part of reducing the target timeline to 12 months. Most people get processed in less than that, which is a significant positive change in the way things were done.

There are no processing times for AOR, you have to look at the whole process as a 12 month timeline, and anything less as an unexpected surprise.

sh789

May 30, 2014
Hi All,

Wish you all best of luck!!

My application was received at CIC on 15-July, I am awaiting AOR1.
Any idea when I would get the AOR1?

Thanks!

Reactions: boomshanker

Raymond Wong

Aug 21, 2018
Welcome to Family Class Sponsorship JULY 2018 thread - OUTLAND

Hi,

Feel free to ask questions, share thoughts and seek advice.

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

God speed
Hi there! My app received on june 04 2018. Then transfer file to vo on august 09, 2018. How long it takes for medical request?