+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

FlowersRead

Feb 11, 2018
Category........
QSW
Hi everyone

I recently sent my wife's sponsorship application, and I would like to know what the stages of this process are, considering that I live in Quebec. Should my wife request the Quebec selection certificate (CSQ)? At what stage of the process should she apply for the CSQ?

Thanks,

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi everyone

I recently sent my wife's sponsorship application, and I would like to know what the stages of this process are, considering that I live in Quebec. Should my wife request the Quebec selection certificate (CSQ)? At what stage of the process should she apply for the CSQ?

Thanks,
Hi there,

Not sure about Quebec, but see my signature (link) below for general enquiry.

Reactions: FlowersRead

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Hi all,
I wish to submit spousal application outland in Family class.
Can I Right now submitted PCC and IMM 5669 background check with the application or later?
Thank You.
Rose

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all. how important is it in the 5406 (additional family) form to have names in both english and native language. i just realized last minute that I havent typed names in my native language

Reactions: boomshanker

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi all,
I wish to submit spousal application outland in Family class.
Can I Right now submitted PCC and IMM 5669 background check with the application or later?
Thank You.
Rose
Hi there,

You surely can if they are up to date and not expired. However, IRCC might ask for a new one to be submitted if necessary.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
hi all. how important is it in the 5406 (additional family) form to have names in both english and native language. i just realized last minute that I havent typed names in my native language
Even i will submit my application in one or two days and i have the same question. Do i write there names in Hindi (Native Language) in a seperate paper and attach it to the form. ?? would appreciate your help.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Dear all,

Here is the updated version:

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application. Via email

Then the Principal Applicant(PA) will receive the letter confirmation of receipt of the PR application/Acknowledgment Of Receipt(AOR1). Via email

Please note that both the Sponsor and PA receive identical Application number but different UCI numbers.

Then, if not already submitted upfront with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

Using application number/UCI number, surname, DOB, country of birth etc... you can log in to ECAS to monitor the process of your application, link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

Then you might be invited for an interview.

Receive Pre Arrival Letter.

Decision Made on your application.

Passport Request (PPR).

Request for new set of PR photos.

Confirmation of PR (COPR).

God speed

chloet

Jul 11, 2018
Hey everyone,
I am from USA and husband from Canada. We are doing the outland spousal sponsorship.
My application package was delivered to Mississauga on June 1 and I got AOR 1 on July 10th.
I have been trying to link my paper application to my online GC account but the link has been broken the past 2 days.

The form I filled out said "do not complete medical exam at this time", BUT if I did do it now would it speed up the process?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey everyone,
I am from USA and husband from Canada. We are doing the outland spousal sponsorship.
My application package was delivered to Mississauga on June 1 and I got AOR 1 on July 10th.
I have been trying to link my paper application to my online GC account but the link has been broken the past 2 days.

The form I filled out said "do not complete medical exam at this time", BUT if I did do it now would it speed up the process?
You can't do upfront medicals anymore.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Get your exam before you submit your application
Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?
A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Spouses, partners or dependent children can no longer do an upfront medical exam. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

Reactions: revenant

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hey everyone,

Hi there ,

I’d say start preparing the PCC check as it takes longer than Medical.

Medical will take two to three weeks max.

Cadwife_UKhub_UKbaby

Feb 22, 2018
Leeds, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2018
Hello! My application was received on 1st June 2018 (sent with FedEx from UK to Mississauga) but I've just got my email today from CIC to say they received my application to sponsor. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British fiancé.

Should I be in the July group because I've got this email in July? Or the June group as that's when the application was received?