+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Awesome, Thank you- I'll try that now.
Also, do you know roughly when we can expect more contact?
I heard things kind of snowball after you recieved AOR1, is that true - or do you think we're still in for more of a long wait?
Usually requests come in relatively quickly post AOR and then it'll slow right down.

Reactions: CanadianGirl1993

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
was able to link it to my account recently.

used application number from AOR1, family name and passport info of the PA. Provided status= Married and people =02. May be it would help.

Yes, That is what I've been doing. I'm not currently locked out for 24 hours due to too many failed attempts :(
Hopefully in 24 hours it will connect!

Reactions: boomshanker

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
I called call center like two weeks back. They said I should be getting something next day or next week. Two weeks passed after that nothing yet. My file was received on July 06 . Not sure who to call now and where to get correct answer :(

Saurabh_Trivedi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I called call center like two weeks back. They said I should be getting something next day or next week. Two weeks passed after that nothing yet. My file was received on July 06 . Not sure who to call now and where to get correct answer :(
Hello, do not worry. I am in the same situation. I am also 6th July applicant and still did not get anything from them and in total i called them 4 times, and last 3 times same reply again and again. Please wait ,wait and only wait. Have patience.

I also found here some of the applicants who applied after us also got AOR and Confirmation about eligibility, which is great but we cant imagine how they are working? When I asked them like can you tell me what date sydney office recevied my file : No reply. When did it go from Mississauga: No reply. the only reply is your file is in the system.

Moreover, I want to ask you, did you send your file to the Mississauga office or Sydney? I sent to Mississauga.

OopsShesDoinItAgain

Mar 30, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LON
App. Filed.......
03-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-12-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
Dear all,

Given below my Application Status. Waiting for AOR2 now.

Sponsorship - Decision Made
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on July 6, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 21, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 26, 2018 about the decision on your application
Permanent Residence - In Process
  1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on July 6, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXX's application on September 24, 2018.
  3. We sent XXX medical instructions on September 25, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received

GC KEY STATUS

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam. (Updated on October 1st, 2018)
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Bio metrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks,
Guru
Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

It is very helpful to know what is up ahead.

Good luck - things are moving along nicely for you!

Mellaalpha

Jul 7, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
File Transfer...
27-10-2018
Med's Request
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
16-10-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018
LANDED..........
07-01-2019
Did you received the email today?
Yes, I received the application on Sunday the 30th. It was quite strange to receive on a weekend.

Reactions: Daxdaxbaby

Mellaalpha

Jul 7, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
File Transfer...
27-10-2018
Med's Request
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
16-10-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018
LANDED..........
07-01-2019
would u mind sharing the number you called? and what information did they need from you?

thank you
1 888 242 2100 was the number my husband called.
He was asked his name, his birth date, and when the application was/should have been received.
(Also a heads up, it will probably be a long wait until you finally reach a worker.)

nav1590

Sep 10, 2018
Hello, do not worry. I am in the same situation. I am also 6th July applicant and still did not get anything from them and in total i called them 4 times, and last 3 times same reply again and again. Please wait ,wait and only wait. Have patience.

I also found here some of the applicants who applied after us also got AOR and Confirmation about eligibility, which is great but we cant imagine how they are working? When I asked them like can you tell me what date sydney office recevied my file : No reply. When did it go from Mississauga: No reply. the only reply is your file is in the system.

Moreover, I want to ask you, did you send your file to the Mississauga office or Sydney? I sent to Mississauga.
Sydney

OopsShesDoinItAgain

Mar 30, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LON
App. Filed.......
03-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-12-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
Does anyone know if it possible to unlink an application? We only have a temporary file number until they send us our AOR1.

We set up the GCKey but don't want to mess up things for when the proper file number arrives.It was such a drawn out 2 part process setting it up.

We'd appreciate any help you could give on this...

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
October is voting period in Quebec, today's call to immigration stated that please be patient to allow agents to vote. This might delay their process a little more so be PATIENT.

Patiently waiting...July 9th applicant.

Reactions: Adam1009

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
On eagerly Waiting for AOR2, I called and spoke to a call centre guy. He told me that the file is in transit to the Transit Unit in Canada. They decide which VO it must go next. :)

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
On eagerly Waiting for AOR2, I called and spoke to a call centre guy. He told me that the file is in transit to the Transit Unit in Canada. They decide which VO it must go next. :)
Hi Guru,
Could you please let me know, around what time did you receive the medical request?

According to your timeline there was only 1 week of difference between the AOR1 to Medical Request?

Please correct me , if i understood it wrong.

Last edited:

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
Hi Guru,
Could you please let me know, around what time did you receive the medical request?

According to your timeline there was only 1 week of difference between the AOR1 to Medical Request?

Please correct me , if i understood it wrong.
Hello Shankar,

Yes there is only one week difference between my AOR1 and Medical Request. In a span of 10 day AOR1 - SA - Medicals passed. I received my medicals on September 25th, 4:00 PM EST. Medicals completed on September 27th. Status updated to Passed in GC Key on October 1st.

Thanks,
Guru

Reactions: boomshanker