****July 2018 outland applicant with no AOR1 yet***

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Any July 2018 applicants didn’t receive their AOR yet?
YES waiting time for an AOR 1 is 60 to 120 days these days as Sydney is overloaded with 1000s of files for a day as per they said; they are working on July END applications. I got my AOR in 71 days and weeks have past NOTHING yet again silence :( You should get AOR anytime SOme get too early some over 120 days are waiting still. So in our case got AOR or NOT did not make any difference since few months ago AOR to MED etc would take 3-5 days only now >total silence.
Also may like to join this JULY 2018 thread :-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.564657/page-83#post-7313537

Xpress

May 16, 2017
hmm, a couple friends that have sponsored their spouse(mainly last year) had an acknowledgement of receipt after 1 month. Another friend of mine, who applied in july 2018, still has not recieved his acknowledgement of receipt/application number. This was stressing him out because it could mean either 2 things:
1) File was still in process or
2) The file was incomplete, CIC sent it back and it got lost in the mail.

If you people in July still have not recieved AOR, that is a sigh of relief for my friend. How the bloody hell did the processing time go from 1 to 100 within the span of a few months?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
hmm, a couple friends that have sponsored their spouse(mainly last year) had an acknowledgement of receipt after 1 month. Another friend of mine, who applied in july 2018, still has not recieved his acknowledgement of receipt/application number. This was stressing him out because it could mean either 2 things:
1) File was still in process or
2) The file was incomplete, CIC sent it back and it got lost in the mail.
If you people in July still have not recieved AOR, that is a sigh of relief for my friend. How the bloody hell did the processing time go from 1 to 100 within the span of a few months?
Applicants used to get AOR1 in max 45 days , we can look at the records of Mississauga. Now no one can tell 4 sure , rumors are to accommodate refugees they transferred all outlanders to Sydney which already had complaints of running slow. So we are all suffering. Even some got AOR1 files are not moving at all, be it shortage of staff OR overload of too many files OR many categories They should look at it. Try phoning agents tell us>>still working on 24 July and same answer was 2 month ago. Really wonder why July 24 particular date has 1000s of files as per agent! Why this date does not change ? And had been told to many callers >.try to search >>I have read many other who called got same exact answer>> 24th July. Phone today and U might get same answer "they are working on 24th July files, there are 1000s of files". It may upset few others but it's a hard fact and I was told 2 times same date and many others were told same date ; last week but even months ago ! My frnd they are working on 24th July files since 3 months. Sydney is also dealing Citizenship and I was told it's a very big office. Not anxious to get a fast track but there is something needs to be done/changed..
AND here is a link you can see a petition against Sydney by inland applicants:-
https://www.change.org/p/significant-delay-in-processing-of-pr-applications-for-inland-provincial-nominees

Last edited:

llanda

Oct 22, 2018
Principal Applicant living in Venezuela
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
21-11-2018
Hi,
My application was received on July25th. still no AOR.
My biggest concern is that I sent it to Mississauga instead of Sydney. At this point I don't know if the file is going to be returned or if the Mississauga office transferred my file to Sydney.
I have tried many times to call them but it just seems impossible to talk to an agent.
Anybody here with the same experience who got their file transferred to Sydney office?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi,
My application was received on July25th. still no AOR.
My biggest concern is that I sent it to Mississauga instead of Sydney. At this point I don't know if the file is going to be returned or if the Mississauga office transferred my file to Sydney.
I have tried many times to call them but it just seems impossible to talk to an agent.
Anybody here with the same experience who got their file transferred to Sydney office?
Many ppl had the transfer done who sent to Missi. they were kind enough to send files to Sydney.
And try phoning early hours or late hours. this is the only way.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-delhi-ndvo-2017-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada.516895/page-783#post-7317152

llanda

Oct 22, 2018
Principal Applicant living in Venezuela
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
21-11-2018
Many ppl had the transfer done who sent to Missi. they were kind enough to send files to Sydney.
And try phoning early hours or late hours. this is the only way.

Hopefully they did, and I'm just another July applicant that just need to wait longer for our AOR.
I guess it just get a little frustrating that people who applied in August started getting their AOR, I don'd understand how that system works.
Thank you for your answer though, it makes me feel better to know that they would have sent those files to the right office in Sydney.
Hopefully we'll get our AOR soon.
Cheers

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
llanda ; U r right if they had to return it for any small mistakes in the forms it should have been reached you by road by now . Sounds OK all application :)

weedzo3

Oct 22, 2018
We sent our application for spousal sponsorship to Mississauga in June, 2018 and it was received on July 3, 2018. Still no AOR. We live in the United States, and my wife and kids are American citizens. Were we supposed to send the application to Sydney Australia!? That doesn't make sense at all. In fact, according to the forms I filled out, it was very clear that Mississauga was the office that we had to send to.

We are totally freaking out, as this throws such a huge wrench in our plans. We want to move to Canada in July 2019, and already have jobs lined up. We now want to buy a house, but if they have not even given us a receipt (let alone processed the application), we are unsure of what to do. We have called so many times through my parents in Toronto, but are failing to reach anyone.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We sent our application for spousal sponsorship to Mississauga in June, 2018 and it was received on July 3, 2018. Still no AOR. We live in the United States, and my wife and kids are American citizens. Were we supposed to send the application to Sydney Australia!? That doesn't make sense at all. In fact, according to the forms I filled out, it was very clear that Mississauga was the office that we had to send to.

We are totally freaking out, as this throws such a huge wrench in our plans. We want to move to Canada in July 2019, and already have jobs lined up. We now want to buy a house, but if they have not even given us a receipt (let alone processed the application), we are unsure of what to do. We have called so many times through my parents in Toronto, but are failing to reach anyone.
Firstly, you were supposed to send it to Sydney, Nova Scotia, not Australia.

Secondly, they will either return it or transfer it to Sydney for you. Some people are still waiting from July for AOR.

Adam1009

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hh jattd toujour depuis 17juillet Est tjrs rien
Honnêtement c'est les moments les plus difficiles ma vie, Jest arrêté de les appel parcque c'est tjrs la même réponse attendre... mais att quoi !

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hh jattd toujour depuis 17juillet Est tjrs rien
Honnêtement c'est les moments les plus difficiles ma vie, Jest arrêté de les appel parcque c'est tjrs la même réponse attendre... mais att quoi !
YEA I Know very many members are also waiting , we are NOT alone here. Waiting game is getting LONGER. TRY phoning them again and again

weedzo3

Oct 22, 2018

Got my application back today, almost 4 months later. It had been forwarded to Sydney Nova Scotia (excuse my previous ignorance) but was rejected because "sponsor must provide proof of Canadian citizenship." This is odd becuase I did include a photocopy of my "certificate of canadian citizenship." Did they not see it, or did they reject because it was not the original and not a "certified copy?" Now do I get back in a 4 month queue? DO I pay again? Geez I thought I had crossed all the t's and dotted the i's