+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

hailnail

Feb 19, 2019
Did u get the call or email? Bcz most of the time my phone is off so I may not attend their call if they are contacting us by phone
It could depend on the office too. It seems that the Etobicoke office has a lot of interviews. I'm in Ottawa.. maybe that makes a difference? I hope you get your email soon! :)

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hie, i want some advice:
my husband was out of status when we applied for spousal application, we have already received DM letter but there is nothing on work permit till now. Even on Gckey, it just shows submitted and seems like its not started yet. Can i withdraw my work permit application and get refund of 250$? If yes, should i contact them through Web form ? Thanks.

SinghManpreet

Nov 30, 2012
Hie, i want some advice:
my husband was out of status when we applied for spousal application, we have already received DM letter but there is nothing on work permit till now. Even on Gckey, it just shows submitted and seems like its not started yet. Can i withdraw my work permit application and get refund of 250$? If yes, should i contact them through Web form ? Thanks.

Hi
You’re kind of in a tight spot. You can withdraw your application for work permit if they’ve not started on it and get a refund. You just have to contact them through web form. Although I DON’T know if you should do it or not. Your husband is on implied status for now until you don’t get anything about work permit.
Sorry I can’t be any help.

Reactions: KBsandhu

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi guys!
I'm sponsoring my wife, inland. Here's my timeline

Application sent: Nov 27
Received: Nov 30
AOR: Jan 23
Medical Received: Feb 5
Medical passed: Feb 11
Background check in progress: Feb 11
OWP email: Feb 27

First question: Does anyone knows how long it takes until the Sponsor Approval and/or AIP after BGC in progress?

I was wondering if you guys know this/have an idea:
If I decide to change jobs now, before I'm approved as a Sponsor, would that affect my eligibility for approval in any way?

Thanks!

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hi
You’re kind of in a tight spot. You can withdraw your application for work permit if they’ve not started on it and get a refund. You just have to contact them through web form. Although I DON’T know if you should do it or not. Your husband is on implied status for now until you don’t get anything about work permit.
Sorry I can’t be any help.
Yeah, i am confused too that's why was seeking some advise . Anyways, thanks for the reply.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hi guys!
I'm sponsoring my wife, inland. Here's my timeline

Application sent: Nov 27
Received: Nov 30
AOR: Jan 23
Medical Received: Feb 5
Medical passed: Feb 11
Background check in progress: Feb 11
OWP email: Feb 27

First question: Does anyone knows how long it takes until the Sponsor Approval and/or AIP after BGC in progress?

I was wondering if you guys know this/have an idea:
If I decide to change jobs now, before I'm approved as a Sponsor, would that affect my eligibility for approval in any way?

Thanks!
Usually sponsor approval and AIP comes in the later stages which is nearly end of process. CIC works in their own ways, maximum time is 12 months and minimum can be as short as 7-8 months like happened with most of July applicants.
To be approve as sponsor you need to have job, shouldn't really matter if you have changed the job. Just make sure to update CIC through web form whenever it happens. Thanks.

Reactions: Gabe2019V

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Usually sponsor approval and AIP comes in the later stages which is nearly end of process. CIC works in their own ways, maximum time is 12 months and minimum can be as short as 7-8 months like happened with most of July applicants.
To be approve as sponsor you need to have job, shouldn't really matter if you have changed the job. Just make sure to update CIC through web form whenever it happens. Thanks.
Thanks!

Funmi Adeniyi

Jan 16, 2016
Hie, i want some advice:
Your husband is not entitle to WP due to his present status. Wait and get t
Excuse me but I was just replying to another person. What do you mean?
I'm only trying to encourage you to relax. Sorry if u take it the other way round.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Your husband is not entitle to WP due to his present status. Wait and get t

I'm only trying to encourage you to relax. Sorry if u take it the other way round.
Well , you are wrong then. AS soon as you get your AIP, you are entitled to work permit. Please check my signature, we got our AIP on Feb 21. Thanks.

Reactions: Linda_s74