+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

US-CAN_Love

Oct 12, 2018
I'm not sure I agree that 'most' July applicants got DM in 7-8 months. Some have. There's just a sample bias as only those that got it that early post on here. The majority, I suspect, doesn't post to say nothing has changed.

Usually sponsor approval and AIP comes in the later stages which is nearly end of process. CIC works in their own ways, maximum time is 12 months and minimum can be as short as 7-8 months like happened with most of July applicants.
To be approve as sponsor you need to have job, shouldn't really matter if you have changed the job. Just make sure to update CIC through web form whenever it happens. Thanks.

hailnail

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks
Ottawa office is very quick. We are in Regina, SK. Let’s see how quick is Saskatoon office. Hopefully we’ll get it soon.
I hope you get yours soon as well! My husband was asking if the interview today is the final step? Like do we still have to cross the boarder and reenter at a port of entry? Or is this it? I finally got through to cic yesterday afternoon and my Canadian kids do not need to attend the interview. While they are on the application, they are not a part of it.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I'm not sure I agree that 'most' July applicants got DM in 7-8 months. Some have. There's just a sample bias as only those that got it that early post on here. The majority, I suspect, doesn't post to say nothing has changed.
Agreed. Every case is different, case by case. Right now there is a lot of Feb, March, April applicants haven't got AIP, SP yet.

Reactions: melito and hailnail

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
No offence, dear. I was just making him clear the maximum and minimum time taking to get AIP and SA. I said mostly as I am following this forum on daily basis and only some people have left, most of people till July 30 have received their DM letter even. I am not just taking about myself only. Peace.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Agreed. Every case is different, case by case. Right now there is a lot of Feb, March, April applicants haven't got AIP, SP yet.
Kindly look into both question and ans, then tell me did i stated something other than facts. Be supportive Guys!! Peace

Hi guys!
I'm sponsoring my wife, inland. Here's my timeline

Application sent: Nov 27
Received: Nov 30
AOR: Jan 23
Medical Received: Feb 5
Medical passed: Feb 11
Background check in progress: Feb 11
OWP email: Feb 27

First question: Does anyone knows how long it takes until the Sponsor Approval and/or AIP after BGC in progress?

I was wondering if you guys know this/have an idea:
If I decide to change jobs now, before I'm approved as a Sponsor, would that affect my eligibility for approval in any way?

Thanks!
Reply: -Usually sponsor approval and AIP comes in the later stages which is nearly end of process. CIC works in their own ways, maximum time is 12 months and minimum can be as short as 7-8 months like happened with most of July applicants.
To be approve as sponsor you need to have job, shouldn't really matter if you have changed the job. Just make sure to update CIC through web form whenever it happens. Thanks.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
i don't understand why are people making great fuss about word " mostly". I am sorry if "mostly" hurt anyone. I feel for those who haven't received their AIP, SA yet and will hopefully receive soon too. Anyways, All the best.
Nobody is making a fuss. Someone made a comment and other people agreed with it. You stated your opinion (which is not fact), we stated ours, that's really all it is. We can agree to disagree ;)

SinghManpreet

Nov 30, 2012
I hope you get yours soon as well! My husband was asking if the interview today is the final step? Like do we still have to cross the boarder and reenter at a port of entry? Or is this it? I finally got through to cic yesterday afternoon and my Canadian kids do not need to attend the interview. While they are on the application, they are not a part of it.
Nope, you don’t have to go to border. I think they are not doing flagpoling anymore, just an interview at immigration office. Your PR card will be applied automatically after your interview.

Do share what kind of questions they asked in the interview?
Good luck and thanks

CV0710

Mar 5, 2019
Did anyone get the email from IRCC regarding progress bar?

In the email: Starting March 6, 2019, you will see a progress bar for your online application.

We failed to link the paper application to GCkey while ago, so we didn't try any more.

If anyone see the progress bar under your application, can you please provide a screenshot and post here.

Application received: Jul 10, 2018
AOR: Aug 17, 2018
Medical Request Oct 24, 2018
Medical Received Nov 8, 2018 (no updates since then)

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Did anyone get the email from IRCC regarding progress bar?

In the email: Starting March 6, 2019, you will see a progress bar for your online application.

We failed to link the paper application to GCkey while ago, so we didn't try any more.

If anyone see the progress bar under your application, can you please provide a screenshot and post here.

Application received: Jul 7, 2018
AOR: Aug 17, 2018
Medical Request Oct 24, 2018
Medical Received Nov 8, 2018 (no updates since then)
Yes, this was a mass e-mail.

Reactions: CV0710

hailnail

Feb 19, 2019
Nope, you don’t have to go to border. I think they are not doing flagpoling anymore, just an interview at immigration office. Your PR card will be applied automatically after your interview.

Do share what kind of questions they asked in the interview?
Good luck and thanks
They asked to confirm date of birth and address and asked for our ID and my photos. Then I had to sign the PR document and that was it. Our appointment was for 10:30 and we got seen at around 11:15 and it only took about 5 minutes.