+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
LOL thanks but I can see a lot of people getting it. We put a lot of effort making sure everything is there; used sticky notes for easier navigation + included all required docs in the first go. Alongside, we own our house + got mortgage and insurances under both of our names so those definitely help. Fingers crossed that all goes well until the end :)

At current government's least favorite city: Calgary lol

The AIP was sent in the CIC online portal (got email notification that there's new message), my eligibility (sponsor) came via email to me and the interview letter came to my wife's email (applicant). Those are the correspondences that we received past week or so.
Same here, sir. I am sure everyone did their best and put lots of days in their application. Btw, i was just kidding. .

Reactions: rhasan

Vhan18

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
LOL thanks but I can see a lot of people getting it. We put a lot of effort making sure everything is there; used sticky notes for easier navigation + included all required docs in the first go. Alongside, we own our house + got mortgage and insurances under both of our names so those definitely help. Fingers crossed that all goes well until the end :)

At current government's least favorite city: Calgary lol

The AIP was sent in the CIC online portal (got email notification that there's new message), my eligibility (sponsor) came via email to me and the interview letter came to my wife's email (applicant). Those are the correspondences that we received past week or so.
hi i have a question . you and your wife have a house in both of your names and you got mortgage as well. isnt it that the interest rate is very high if you are not PR. thats why we didnt bought house together.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Same here, sir. I am sure everyone did their best and put lots of days in their application. Btw, i was just kidding. .
You should be getting the letters soon too...maybe the officer who is looking at your application is a bit slower lol. Good luck!

hi i have a question . you and your wife have a house in both of your names and you got mortgage as well. isnt it that the interest rate is very high if you are not PR. thats why we didnt bought house together.
I was a PR when we bought the house; as long as you have good credit standing (I had quite a long credit history and my wife's was well above bank's requirement), it should fine. But my knowledge is limited to Calgary's market only.

Reactions: KBsandhu

topsy1

Feb 26, 2019
Hey quick question.

We saw a ghost update on our account on Friday and then Monday the 25th we got a DM on both sides of sponsor and applicant in Ecas. Since then, no change. No emails or change in our mycic account or Ecas. İs this normal? What would be estimated time for any progress? Any info would be greatly apprecia

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hey quick question.

We saw a ghost update on our account on Friday and then Monday the 25th we got a DM on both sides of sponsor and applicant in Ecas. Since then, no change. No emails or change in our mycic account or Ecas. İs this normal? What would be estimated time for any progress? Any info would be greatly apprecia
When was your application received?

topsy1

Feb 26, 2019
Recieved:July 16, aor August 17
Everything proceeding normally with OWP in late October, medical test passed early November and background check starting immediately after.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Recieved:July 16, aor August 17
Everything proceeding normally with OWP in late October, medical test passed early November and background check starting immediately after.
Everything looks normal to me. Your permanent residence application was approved. These steps are not always in the same order for everyone. The principal applicant might receive AIP (Eligibility Passed) letter in myCIC, and the sponsor might receive a SA email (Sponsor Approval). One thing you can expect for sure is to receive a landing letter. It will tell you where to go for your final appointment to become a permanent resident. It can take days (could be as little as 3 days like @rhasan ) or weeks to receive it though. The most unlucky receive it after a few months.

topsy1

Feb 26, 2019
Ok, thanks very much for the response, thats reassuring. Now that everything is so close to a finish it can be a little nerve wracking thinking about a possible yes/no...

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Hey quick question.

Same here

jess23

Jun 15, 2018
Guys, how long it takes from AIP to SA and DM?

I got ghost update on Feb 21 and then AIP yesterday morning. But now Ecas still show both side in process and there is no update in the description on ecas

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Guys, how long it takes from AIP to SA and DM?

I got ghost update on Feb 21 and then AIP yesterday morning. But now Ecas still show both side in process and there is no update in the description on ecas
No idea, I am still waiting for SA and DM letter myself, its been 5-6 days. :(

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
No idea, I am still waiting for SA and DM letter myself, its been 5-6 days. :(
You are worrying too much. It should come in soon. I know it sounds cliche but worrying too much will not do anything or accelerate the process.

In my case, my wife's OWP approval took way too long compared to others (despite having a full time job in her field of study). Sometimes, the person processing has too much on his/her hand so takes few extra days or weeks. You should get it soon :D

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
You are worrying too much. It should come in soon. I know it sounds cliche but worrying too much will not do anything or accelerate the process.

In my case, my wife's OWP approval took way too long compared to others (despite having a full time job in her field of study). Sometimes, the person processing has too much on his/her hand so takes few extra days or weeks. You should get it soon :D
Yeah, you are right. I don't want to worry, but it keeps bothering me. Thanks for kind words though :)

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
Hi guys,

My partner got an email for the Sponsor SA on the 22th but I haven’t got anything about my elegibility yet, no AIP. Both our profiles show as Decision Made on CIC Application Status.

Anyone has any leads on this? Experiences?

Thank you!!

kylfjones

Oct 23, 2018
On February 25th, my ECAS updated and my partner/sponsor got her DM, but I received a "Procedural Fairness" update on CIC stating they needed more proof of our period of cohabitation. I thought my original application more than covered it, but I sent them more pictures, flight information, pictures of packages and mail, even more letters than I sent the first time, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with how much extra time this is going to extend the process by? I was so close. DM on one side and now this on my side. I've been reading this could extend the process by "months," and I've gotta say, I'm not digging that outcome whatsoever.