+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Pameladominic

Feb 11, 2018
Me
I sent the application on July 1st and CIC received it by Canada Post on July 5th.
Did anyone tried linking your paper application through GCKey account. I am trying from yesterday and it says site could not be reached. Did anyone face similar issue?
Me too... same problem I had 1 month
Not yet. I called them up on Monday to ask about whether I should apply to extend my visitor visa as my 6 months is up on 10th Sept, the guy I spoke to said that because I submitted my application for an OWP with the sponsorship, that I didn’t have to submit an application to extend visitor visa as the OWP does that for me and that I technically have implied status now. He took some details and checked that my application had in fact been received, which he confirmed and said that they’re currently processing applications from the 20th June. So we don’t have much longer to wait! Super excited.

Best of luck to you all.

Hi There, can you give me the detail about where to call? I try the info telephone but it is just records... thank you

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Anyone received CSQ recently? I submitted mine on October 9, 2018. Recieved AOR on October 16, 2018.
Hi @Gurubharran

I'm Aug. applicant and I had CSQ request on Sept. 14.
CSQ app. sent on 17/09/2018 CSQ Received in mailbox on 18/10/2018 but the issue date is 11/10/2018.

From what I've seen they respect the 25 days term to issue the CSQ. They're working on Oct. 10 applications now, so you can expect to have your CSQ issued in two weeks and delivered in three weeks, from the date of AOR, depending where you live.

André

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone,
We submitted our application for sponsorship (1 spouse and 3 childs) on July 24 - 2018.
In August 15 aprox we received an email with confirmation of the CiC started to process the application. BUT we saw that 1 of our child wasn't appear No idea why!!! We are very worry about that. We sent everything for each kid.

Last week October 25 we received our letter for Medical Examimation request. BUT again one of our children doesn't figure.
Just want to let you know the stage where we are now in october.
If someone know about Why? One of our applicants doesn't appear in our application please give me an advice, we sent multiple Email to the cic web but nobody respond! And we are already doing the medical exams all the rest of the family but my 8 years old girl can't do it.

Thank you!!

You have to call them and have that corrected. Your 8-yr old girl is not in the application, since she's excluded in AOR and even medical request! Have that corrected now or else you'll all be PRs except her!

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
Hi @Gurubharran

I'm Aug. applicant and I had CSQ request on Sept. 14.
CSQ app. sent on 17/09/2018 CSQ Received in mailbox on 18/10/2018 but the issue date is 11/10/2018.

From what I've seen they respect the 25 days term to issue the CSQ. They're working on Oct. 10 applications now, so you can expect to have your CSQ issued in two weeks and delivered in three weeks, from the date of AOR, depending where you live.

André
Thank you very much. My CSQ AOR was issued on October 16th 2018. I am expecting my CSQ this week or next week. Many Thanks :). I live very close my the Notre dame MIDI office. So it should not take more than two days for me to receive the CSQ once its issued :)

Reactions: Deh_avilla

US-CAN_Love

Oct 12, 2018
Hi, did you send your csq to cic yourself ?
No. There was no point, since they say they send a copy to IRCC. Yes, I know some people claim it is best to also upload a copy, but the letter accompanying the CSQ seemed to make clear that IRCC could request an original copy from applicants. It's not clear to me that uploading a scanned letter has any benefit, and might actually slow things down (another document for them to examine). I figure either the MIDI will send it, as stated, or if they do not, IRCC will request the second original copy that was sent to us.

Seems to have worked fine for us.

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
@Deh_avilla and @Gurubharran, Please be respectful and only ask questions related to the members of this thread. There are separate threads for both August and October Inland applicants. Or better yet, you can open up a new thread for Quebec applicants about CSQ. This is for July Applicants only.
October: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2018-inland-spouse-sponsorship.590150/
August: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/1376822/?q=august+2018+inland&o=relevance&c[node]=5

For your kind information I am a July 2018 applicant. I mentioned my csq app date and not my spousal app date. I do not understand your concern of asking for being respectful. Please understand this is a public forum and not a private WhatsApp group. If you wish not to be helpful by any means just be silent for others to help and advice the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deh_avilla

gracy6009

Oct 25, 2018
Anyone from mid july still waiting for OWP and already got the medical call? My wife's PGWP is expiring tomorrow and her office would like to get the renewed permit ASAP so kind of panicking right now...
you know you can submit a proof that you've applied for a new work permit and that you are awaiting their response. And once you get a response , you update them.

started

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
you know you can submit a proof that you've applied for a new work permit and that you are awaiting their response. And once you get a response , you update them.
i'm still waiting for my work permit application to be approved or even updated. from what i've been reading i think my pr application is at it final stage but no up on my OWP yet. find my timeline below.

• Date Received: July 10, 2018 (OWP)
  • med - August 8, 2018
  • Application step Current status Help
    Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
    Review of medical results -You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
    Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
    Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
    Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
    Background check - Not applicable.
    Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

• Date Received: July 17, 2018 (PR)
      Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
      Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam. (updated- October 26, 2018 )
      Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
      Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
      Background - check Not applicable.
      Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
i'm still waiting for my work permit application to be approved or even updated. from what i've been reading i think my pr application is at it final stage but no up on my OWP yet. find my timeline below.

• Date Received: July 10, 2018 (OWP)
  • med - August 8, 2018
    Review of medical results -You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
    Background check - Not applicable.

• Date Received: July 17, 2018 (PR)
      Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam. (updated- October 26, 2018 )
      Background - check Not applicable.
Not sure about the "final" stages for PR because background check is not yet done. We have the same timeline. No news on OWP too :(

Reactions: started

Beana888

Oct 31, 2018
Have anyone received OWP before medical exam? We got our AOR 2 month ago and now we are requested to do medical exam. Was hoping to get work permit before all medical exams is done (can take more than a month as I have to wait for doctors appointment 3 weeks)

started

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Not sure about the "final" stages for PR because background check is not yet done. We have the same timeline. No news on OWP too :(
my medical request was August 8, 2018, done on the 20th and received on the 24th of August. an update on my PR application on the 26th of oct 2018 ( received to passed medical )

someone put this up on the forum, it might be of help since our timeline is similar

BG and medical status and its meaning post-AOR Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission. BG: Not Applicable (NA1) Medical passed – (MEP) BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here. BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here. BG: In Progress (IP2) – BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come PPR: Passport Request CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence So it is in below order AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status. MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks. IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office. NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2. PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this. ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Last edited:

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
Have anyone received OWP before medical exam? We got our AOR 2 month ago and now we are requested to do medical exam. Was hoping to get work permit before all medical exams is done (can take more than a month as I have to wait for doctors appointment 3 weeks)
Usually, you get OWP before Medical Request. However, for some of us July applicants, it seems OWP has no progress and was overtaken by Medical Request for PR. :(

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
my medical request was August 8, 2018, done on the 20th and received on the 24th of August. an update on my PR application on the 26th of oct 2018 ( received to passed medical )

someone put this up on the forum, it might be of help since our timeline is similar

BG and medical status and its meaning post-AOR Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission. BG: Not Applicable (NA1) Medical passed – (MEP) BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here. BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here. BG: In Progress (IP2) – BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come PPR: Passport Request CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence So it is in below order AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status. MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks. IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office. NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2. PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this. ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

I think it's in the BG Check stage. I personally consider the "final" stage to be waiting for a landing appointment. They said BG Check is the one that takes more time to complete. But I guess it depends on what country you're from. PA from US usually get PR approved in 6 months from what I've seen. Our (my and husband's) app will definitely take longer. Lol