+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
We are travelling to india for a month and I completed my 1 year. CAn we put our application in urgent processing. Does it helps.

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
We are travelling to india for a month and I completed my 1 year. CAn we put our application in urgent processing. Does it helps.
If you are able to obtain or already have another passport, you will not be able to apply for urgent processing. Urgent processing is for emergencies like if you will loose a job opportunity due to not having Canadian citizenship. Needing to travel out of Canada for a month will not be a valid reason.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
If you are able to obtain or already have another passport, you will not be able to apply for urgent processing. Urgent processing is for emergencies like if you will loose a job opportunity due to not having Canadian citizenship. Needing to travel out of Canada for a month will not be a valid reason.
Thanks for the reply. These guys are taking a lot of time. last year people from Brampton got citizenship in 6 months and now I am waiting for test invite since last 1 year. Every time when I call them they say that they are waiting for test dates.

kaosman

Aug 8, 2011
Test invite received via email on July 22nd 2019, test is on Aug 26th in Mississauga. Here's my updated timeline:

Physical presence: 1340 days
App. Sent: Jul 03, 2018
App. Delivered: Jul 06, 2018
AOR: August 30th, 2018
IP: September 13th, 2018
Test invite: Jul 22nd, 2019
Test date: August 26th 2019

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
How does one find out which office is the file sitting at? By calling? Whenever I called, at any time of the day, they were always 'busy'. I am sure that 24/7/365 they are NOT busy.
I submitted the form under Right to information for my application.
They sent a very detailed update and it included the office location.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Guys, haven't posted in quite a while but here it is my full timeline so far:

Scarborough applicant:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 19, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 3, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 23, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 19, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

aaliyan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Visa Office......
OTT / ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 2012
File Transfer...
nov 2012
Med's Request
june 17th 2014...
Med's Done....
aug 2012 (1st).....1st july 2014(2nd)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
PPR1 june 17th 2014....PPR2 july 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on 22 july 2014
I just got my test invitation email.
Applied on july16 2018. Test is on august 28th 2019.
But my online status still doesnt show any update yet.
I am a mississauga applicant.

I called IRCC last friday to follow up on my file. And they said that my file looked good and the background verification on it was completed and they told me they will contact mississauga office for further update.

Last edited:

MZRARN

Jun 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
Just 2 days before the end of my one year waiting, I got the test invitation. My timeline is as below:
Application received: July 26, 2018.
In process: Oct 16, 2018.
Test invitation: July 24,2019.
Test date: Aug 28, 2019

Everyone all the best!

Last edited:

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi All,

We passed our test today 19/20 for me and 20/20 for my wife.
All happened pretty quickly and we were the first ones to be called for interview as well.
The official asked for 2 ID's and passports and verified the exit and entry dates along with job history.
Se said that we could expect next steps updates within next 4 weeks time.

My entry in the file is not updated.
Pls update line#94

Citizenship Grant Application
Application Sent: July 24, 2018
Application Received: July 27, 2018
AOR: Sep 19, 2018
In Process: Sep 26, 2018
Test Letter Invite: June 27,2019
Test /Interview Date: July 25, 2019
DM:
Oath

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Can you update the spreadsheet for me please.

I just received the Oath invitation letter today after giving test on Feb 5th and getting DM on Feb 7th. Oath is on August 29th 2019.

I just have one question, I asked in other forum also, I think that I have misplaced my COPR as I couldn't find it from last year or two, is it ok to go without the COPR and with just PR on Oath ceremony. Has anyone been in this situation before ?

Line # 53

Oath letter date: July 25th 2019
Oath ceremony: August 29th 2019

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Hi All,

We passed our test today 19/20 for me and 20/20 for my wife.
All happened pretty quickly and we were the first ones to be called for interview as well.
The official asked for 2 ID's and passports and verified the exit and entry dates along with job history.
Se said that we could expect next steps updates within next 4 weeks time.

My entry in the file is not updated.
Pls update line#94

Citizenship Grant Application
Application Sent: July 24, 2018
Application Received: July 27, 2018
AOR: Sep 19, 2018
In Process: Sep 26, 2018
Test Letter Invite: June 27,2019
Test /Interview Date: July 25, 2019
DM:
Oath

Hello Sharat,

Congratulations !!

Couple of quick questions:

2 ids: Driving License & Health Card?

Verification of Entry and Exit Dates: How did they do this? What exactly was the sequence of events? Do we need to carry anything with us?

Job History Verification: How did they do this? Do we need to carry anything with us?

Any English Language Verification?

Kindly advise at your earliest.
Thanks
Sid

TiagoTiago

Jan 20, 2019
Hello Sharat,

Congratulations !!

Couple of quick questions:

2 ids: Driving License & Health Card?

Verification of Entry and Exit Dates: How did they do this? What exactly was the sequence of events? Do we need to carry anything with us?

Job History Verification: How did they do this? Do we need to carry anything with us?

Any English Language Verification?

Kindly advise at your earliest.
Thanks
Sid
Verification of entry/exit dates is done electronically and IRCC will already have this data. You where requied to tick 'yes' to the following question on the citizenship application form in order for IRCC to collect the data. If you ticked 'no' you application is returned.

14 b) I hereby give my consent to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to disclose the details of my travel history to IRCC in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility. I also hereby authorize IRCC to collect the history of my travel from the CBSA.

When they check your passport they are doing so to verify it is genuine and matches the citizenship application paperwork. They will also check the entry visa when you landed as PR which will have the date of entry and your document file number written next to it.

When you enter/exit Canada you are no longer always asked to show your passport as you can enter with your PR card and therefore you do not always get an entry/exit visa stamp every time.

Remember what candidates perceive at the exam stage of the process and what is actually checked are often two different things.

Regarding your current and past employers, no-where does it state that you have to show proofs of this with the exception of filing your taxes a minimum of three years. Also remember many PR holders are not employed but they are still required by law to files your taxes.

Hope this helps and allays any anxieties.

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Verification of entry/exit dates is done electronically and IRCC will already have this data. You where requied to tick 'yes' to the following question on the citizenship application form in order for IRCC to collect the data. If you ticked 'no' you application is returned.

14 b) I hereby give my consent to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to disclose the details of my travel history to IRCC in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility. I also hereby authorize IRCC to collect the history of my travel from the CBSA.

When they check your passport they are doing so to verify it is genuine and matches the citizenship application paperwork. They will also check the entry visa when you landed as PR which will have the date of entry and your document file number written next to it.

When you enter/exit Canada you are no longer always asked to show your passport as you can enter with your PR card and therefore you do not always get an entry/exit visa stamp every time.

Remember what candidates perceive at the exam stage of the process and what is actually checked are often two different things.

Regarding your current and past employers, no-where does it state that you have to show proofs of this with the exception of filing your taxes a minimum of three years. Also remember many PR holders are not employed but they are still required by law to files your taxes.

Hope this helps and allays any anxieties.

Thank you tiagotiago.

This is exactly why I had these questions. When Sharat mentioned 'they verified', how exactly did they verify? Like, do they ask questions? At location, we won't have the whole list of our employers with exact dates nor will we have our entry and exit dates...

Remember, it's going to be an anxious time for us, having just completed an exam. I just desire to be better prepared to answer everything correctly and present any papers they may request or need to verify.