+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

nevelias

Nov 11, 2018
Did you need to take your citizenship application? or proof or language? i have my test next week
Yes. You are required to take the originals pertaining to the documents that you submitted along with the application. In my case, however, they didn't ask me to show the documents.

Reactions: erm923

nevelias

Nov 11, 2018
I had my citizenship ceremony today. It was a wonderful experience!

Being a Mississauga applicant I am a bit lucky to have the process completed within a year from the time I submitted my application. For those who are still waiting, just enjoy the journey rather than the goal itself! I am sure you all will get the citizenship within the next couple of months. Goodluck!

line 44

Last edited:

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Did you need to take your citizenship application? or proof or language? i have my test next week
You don't need the citizenship application (you sent that in original to them).
You need to bring everything that you sent a copy of:
ID's, passports, PR card,proof of language. Everything else is not needed.

The officer asked for my PR card, driver's license (or health card with picture, or ID) and my passports. She didn't want to see proof of language.

Reactions: erm923

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hello Guys,

Out of nowhere, after waiting since Sep 26, 2018, I received an update today for my application process.
My test date has been scheduled for 25-July.

Please update line# 94

Here is the timeline:

Citizenship Grant Application
Application Sent: July 24, 2018
Application Received: July 27, 2018
AOR: Sep 19, 2018
In Process: Sep 26, 2018
Test Letter Invite: Jun 27, 2019
Test /Interview Date: July 25, 2019 (at Mississauga location)
DM:
Oath:

Now have a month to prepare for the test...

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

Last edited:
Reactions: Zmaqsood

GMTD1987

Jul 9, 2018
Hi all,

Had my test today in Scarborough. 20/20 in the test, very straightforward. I would advise anyone to read the questions so carefully and double check your answers.

Oath tomorrow at 1pm :)

Reactions: canirish2018

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
This is my timeline and I have no updates since. Anyone in the same situation as me ?
I live in Ontario.

App sent Jul 25 2018
App rcvd Jul 30 2018
AOR Oct 22 2018
In process Oct 30 2018

As per the Excel sheet, it seems like Ontario applicants have not got test invitations yet. Anyone else have the same timeline like mine and still have not got test invite ?
Same here and no test invitation yet

TiagoTiago

Jan 20, 2019
Located in Toronto and moving forward at last after a one year wait

I received an email with my test date this morning !!

29 July at CIC Mississauga

Reactions: Hattoba

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
I'm wondering if I had to sent a police certificate along with my application form when I've sent my application July 25,2018 ,and that effected to be long processing time around a year till now without test invitation !! I've landed on July 2015,before that I was in Turkey for 1.5 year,so do I've to get a police certificate from Turkey and send it to IRCC without asking for it ?! please advise

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Located in Toronto and moving forward at last after a one year wait

I received an email with my test date this morning !!

29 July at CIC Mississauga
Congratulations!

It's really great news not only for yourself but also for our July applicants:) Hopefully, our July applicants will start a wave of receiving Test Invite soon.

Would you please share your timeline?

Thanks!

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
I'm wondering if I had to sent a police certificate along with my application form when I've sent my application July 25,2018 ,and that effected to be long processing time around a year till now without test invitation !! I've landed on July 2015,before that I was in Turkey for 1.5 year,so do I've to get a police certificate from Turkey and send it to IRCC without asking for it ?! please advise
My understanding is "Yes": You will need to submit it police certificate along with your application because the instruction says: In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question.

Since it's been just 3 years by the time you applied for citizenship and I would assume that you at least live in Turkey for one year during the 4 year period it says, you will definitely be required to submit. I have heard cases that if you didn't send the police certificate, your application were returned due to "incomplete application". Maybe you are just lucky without any notice. But I were you, I will definitely prepare one police certificate from Turkey which may take a while as it is from a foreign country.

Good luck!

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
My understanding is "Yes": You will need to submit it police certificate along with your application because the instruction says: In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question.

Since it's been just 3 years by the time you applied for citizenship and I would assume that you at least live in Turkey for one year during the 4 year period it says, you will definitely be required to submit. I have heard cases that if you didn't send the police certificate, your application were returned due to "incomplete application". Maybe you are just lucky without any notice. But I were you, I will definitely prepare one police certificate from Turkey which may take a while as it is from a foreign country.

Good luck!
THANKS A LOT,I'm gonna apply for one today.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
THANKS A LOT,I'm gonna apply for one today.
Hey wait. If u did not go back to turkey after becoming PR and provided a PR from.turkey for ur PR application u do not need to provide police certificate for citizenship.

Below is excerpt from.instruction guide

"You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b."