+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

potterfan123

Oct 11, 2018
Hi members,

This is najabad 14 Ottawa applicant, waiting for oath since 10Jan,2019. Today I called CIC agent regarding oath and he said we sent you oath invite on February 28,2019 I told him that I did not receive any letter/oath invitation from cic, he said ok don’t you worry if you not received any letter you still have to appear your oath ceremony that is on 15 March.

So anybody experience the same problem? Any body attend oath ceremony without oath invitation?

I told him that how I can prove this on the day of ceremony that my ceremony is scheduled for today, he said am going to send you an email that what documents you have to bring with you and also mention my name and employee name he advise me that I will show this email to cic reception or staff.

Please comment as I need advise
It seems Ottawa is particularly clumsy. Not very surprising though, it also houses the government.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello guys! I just noticed that on the invite I received for the oath taking, there was a number printed at the bottom of location where you'll take the oath. (on the lower right side)

Mine says #11 and then my son's invite says # 12. It is actually a SEAT NUMBER at the ceremony. Some of you might know about this already. I just found out today. Not that it is so important but when you're excited, you notice everything! :D I don't know how many people will take the oath on the 21st. The location where I'm going is not the usual one. It's at the Edmonton Garrison Officers Mess. I don't know if this is one of the "special" oath taking...but all oath ceremonies are special anyway.

I want to say good luck to everybody waiting. It will come. Trust me...

Last edited:

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Anyone from July 2018 Brampton Mississauga or GTA still waiting? Or got a test invite?

Some December 2018 Toronto people have already got test invites and completed their tests. Same for September to November.

This was so crazy. Same govt department different performance standards.

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
My app is GTA (Toronto), it is moving as well, though in slow pace.

Application sent: July 26
App received: July 30
AOR: Oct 15
In Process: Oct 19
Test Invite: Feb 7
Test date: Feb 19

Awaiting now for the letter with the ceremony date.

I got a friend, single app, Toronto as well, who sent out her application Mid-October and got her test invite Mid-Feb and did the test Yesterday. Don't know her dates, but I know it is a normal application (Not those urgent ones) and it was freakin' fast...
At least you got a test invite. Was still waiting. My wife is a june 2018 application, and same.

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
New

Not yet and I wonder why it's taking so long!!! Why do you think only May?!?

Application sent : July 20, 2018
Received : July 23, 2018
AOR : Sep 21, 2018
Started processing: Sep 26, 2018
Get Test invitation email : not yet (waiting!!!)
I was seeing most people in GTA getting their test invites at the 9th or 10th month. Many however were already done with tests (September to December GTA).

I was feeling so anxious.

Hossto

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
App. Filed.......
29/06/2010
I was seeing most people in GTA getting their test invites at the 9th or 10th month. Many however were already done with tests (September to December GTA).

Do we can send an email to immigration minister and ask about this double standard?
I think they may not know about GTA office slow performance.

Last edited:

Rock81_sg

Aug 14, 2018
Anyone from July 2018 Brampton Mississauga or GTA still waiting? Or got a test invite?

Some December 2018 Toronto people have already got test invites and completed their tests. Same for September to November.

This was so crazy. Same govt department different performance standards.
Hi, I am from Brampton, Application received on July 3rd and done my fingerprints in September 10, no update afterward. I called cic and they advised to wait.

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018

I agree with you in that quite a few GTA applicants from Sept. to Dec. of 2018 already received their Test Invite (if you bother checking the google doc record for those applicants) while we as July GTA applicants are still waiting for this big step forward. Hopefully, it is coming soon!

Tr7

Jul 18, 2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
ID: Tr7
Appl Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,135
App Sent: July 11, 2018
App Delivered: July 16, 2018
AOR: September 13, 2018
In Process: October 5, 2018
Fingerprint Request via Mail: October 19, 2018
Fingerprint Sent: November 15, 2018
Test Invite via Email: December 18, 2018
Test Date: January 22, 2019
Decision Made ECAS: January 23, 2019
Oath Letter via Email: March 8, 2019
Oath Ceremony Date: April 26, 2019

Giving God thanks I’ve almost reached the end of the process. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting, hopefully you will get to the next step very soon! Check your emails everyday! ;)

Last edited:

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Guys Im sorry I couldnt update spreadsheet since Im out of country. Good and bad bews !! guess what !!!! I just left on March 8th and received test invite on March 9th. test date on March 21. I booked ticket for 4 weeks. What Im going to do now. I have called IRCC and asked how long after they will give me new test date If I reschedule, the agent said as her experiance it woukd will take another months.

Reactions: Hossto

Tr7

Jul 18, 2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Guys Im sorry I couldnt update spreadsheet since Im out of country. Good and bad bews !! guess what !!!! I just left on March 8th and received test invite on March 9th. test date on March 21. I booked ticket for 4 weeks. What Im going to do now. I have called IRCC and asked how long after they will give me new test date If I reschedule, the agent said as her experiance it woukd will take another months.
What! I left the country on March 6 too then I got my email for my date. Luckily I’ll be back before the date given.
Did you reschedule or are you coming back before March 21?
I wonder if they’ll give you my April date and I can take your March date?
Hmmm

Hossto

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
App. Filed.......
29/06/2010
Congratulations!!! :)

SUZROA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Great news! I got my oath invite today. I’ve done the test on the 19th of Feb, and DM 2 days after.

Vancouver office is doing well I guess haha!
Congratulations, great news. I'm having my interview in Vancouver this week.
When is your Oath, is it very long after you DM?