+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
So for the test/interview? Apart from PR, health care, IDs submitted, passport, will I need to take another copy of my Transcript?

Also, my older passport which is in the validity period is damaged, do I need to take any proof that I was living in Canada at that point?

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
A friend that we wrote the exam together in Calgary,Dec 20 got Oath Ceremony mail today.
Hopefully,those of us with the same timeline should expect good news on/before Friday.
Good luck to you all.
It depends on when his application was submitted, what I have overdosed is they are sending invitations to April & May's applicants in Calgary right now.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Please update:

Got my test invite on Jan. 18th
name: mael123
line: 55
City: Vancouver
Test invite: Jan 18
Test Date: Feb 19
Congrats ma

Reactions: Ren J

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
So for the test/interview? Apart from PR, health care, IDs submitted, passport, will I need to take another copy of my Transcript?

Also, my older passport which is in the validity period is damaged, do I need to take any proof that I was living in Canada at that point?
Take the following :

a) Letter for Invitation of Test
b) Passports (Current and Expired)
c) PR Card
d) Landing Document (if you have one)
e) Driving License and Health Card
f) If you submitted copies of IELTS, take the original copy
g) If there was a name change, take the original
h) Lastly, make sure that you check all stamps in your passport to match your entry and exit (just in case they ask

Your older passport validity period damage ! do you mean its damaged by water or some other way or its expired !!! You need to bring it with you if it's cover 5 years period to match any entry or exit of border.

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Take the following :

a) Letter for Invitation of Test
b) Passports (Current and Expired)
c) PR Card
d) Landing Document (if you have one)
e) Driving License and Health Card
f) If you submitted copies of IELTS, take the original copy
g) If there was a name change, take the original
h) Lastly, make sure that you check all stamps in your passport to match your entry and exit (just in case they ask

Your older passport validity period damage ! do you mean its damaged by water or some other way or its expired !!! You need to bring it with you if it's cover 5 years period to match any entry or exit of border.
Thanks, I provided my University Transcript in the original app. Do I need to order another copy?

Yes, it is damaged by water so the stamps are a bit washed out. I am assuming they will only want to see the stamps which are relevant to the period of validity and there is only one stamp in that passport.

It is also expired and have had two passports since then (one of them in between was a Short Validity Passport which I had to use to travel in lieu of the damaged passport).

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Thanks, I provided my University Transcript in the original app. Do I need to order another copy?

Yes, it is damaged by water so the stamps are a bit washed out. I am assuming they will only want to see the stamps which are relevant to the period of validity and there is only one stamp in that passport.

It is also expired and have had two passports since then (one of them in between was a Short Validity Passport which I had to use to travel in lieu of the damaged passport).
Why have you sent original university certificate. I have sent mine photocopy of university certificate not the original. I would say if you can order another one do it, you would need your the certificate future therefore you have to have it anyways.

Do have photocopy of damaged passport take that with you along with original damaged since it cover your eligibility period even though it expired, you should carry that the interview day.

Take all the passport whatever cover eligibility period.

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Why have you sent original university certificate. I have sent mine photocopy of university certificate not the original. I would say if you can order another one do it, you would need your the certificate future therefore you have to have it anyways.

Do have photocopy of damaged passport take that with you along with original damaged since it cover your eligibility period even though it expired, you should carry that the interview day.

Take all the passport whatever cover eligibility period.
It was a transcript, not my degree certificate. In any case, I ordered a new one. Hopefully it arrives before the interview date.
I'll most definitely take my old passport - I think all the relevant stamps are present.

Is it normal that the Test Invite is not updated on the ECAS?

Thanks for your help!

krithik

Jun 27, 2014
Hello friends,

I had my Citizenship Oath Ceremony completed yesterday and all went well here in Edmonton.

We were approximately 80 of us and the whole documents checking, Oath swearing and issuing of certificate took around 2.5 hrs.

Definitely it was a very pleasant experience and the Judge of Alberta who presided was a very sweet person.

As far as the documents are concerned, we took the Notice to appear invite letter, PR cards, COPR, 2 id cards (PR cards, Health Card examples), existing passports with us. They collected the PR cards from us.

It was a happy feeling and a great accomplishment.

Wanted to thank each of the forum members for your support against all the queries, encouraging each other and a special mention to Iceberg who has been updating the tracker for all of our benefits.

Wish each one of you all the very best and your days are fast approaching, never lose heart.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello friends,

I had my Citizenship Oath Ceremony completed yesterday and all went well here in Edmonton.

We were approximately 80 of us and the whole documents checking, Oath swearing and issuing of certificate took around 2.5 hrs.

Definitely it was a very pleasant experience and the Judge of Alberta who presided was a very sweet person.

As far as the documents are concerned, we took the Notice to appear invite letter, PR cards, COPR, 2 id cards (PR cards, Health Card examples), existing passports with us. They collected the PR cards from us.

Wanted to thank each of the forum members for your support against all the queries, encouraging each other and a special mention to Iceberg who has been updating the tracker for all of our benefits.

Wish each one of you all the very best and your days are fast approaching, never lose heart.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: krithik

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the Citizen ship test on 29/Jan. Passed. Decision made on 30/Jan.
Please update line 40

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hello friends,

Hey Krithik BIG congrats for your achievement.

Reactions: krithik

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015

Koyeorbo

Dec 8, 2018
Line No. 9.....

So excited.......Got our oath ceremony letter this morning. Kindly update the tracker admin.

AOR: August 30,2018
IP: Sept 6, 2018
Test Invite: Nov. 26, 2018
Oath Letter: Feb. 4, 2019
Oath Ceremony date: March 29, 2019

Thanks everyone and wish you all speedy processing.