AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Good Morning,
Bad news, my application was returned today. The reason was that the Academic IELTS was not accepted for my husband.
It doesn't make any sense to me as the Academic IELTS is harder than General. He has to take a General test and then we can send back the application. Please update the file, I am line 69.
Thank you.
Sorry to heat the such a bad news. Do carefully resubmit your application.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
Hello

ID:Andy.cic
IP Sep 27

Maverick.Canajun

Jul 6, 2014
Windsor, Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Interview........
Waived 3rd Line 09-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015 Decision Made : 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015 Passport Returned : 12-06-2015
Not many AOR's this week - looks like they dried up last Friday.... :(

Cutiekim23

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
Doc's Request.
31-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Getting worried

My application received July 23, I don't receive AOR yet. Is this normal?

Thanks.

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
I called call center again. The agent does not have information about my application in the system. She said if there was any missing docs it would have been returned by now and 3 months is a normal waiting time for AOR.

My application was recieved on 13 july

Justyna

Feb 21, 2016
Sorry to heat the such a bad news. Do carefully resubmit your application.
Now, I'm not sure regarding resubmitting of application.
Note on my application is:
" Your application is considered complete. However, as you submitted your application for concurrent processing with a family member whose application was incomplete, the entire package is being returned to you.
Please resubmit this application and your documents with the completed applications for your family members." -
this means that I don't need to do anything with my application and just send as it is? ( same application, docs and dates).? Please advise.

Also for my husband - not sure if he needs to prepare a new application
The note is saying:
" If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:
- The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dates October
or later
-Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for phsyhical presence calculations
- All required documents based the Document Checklist

- proof of payment"

I guess he still need to send an old package for evidence and prepare a new application? Or leave the old one and just add required IELTS general exam results?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

pak-albert

Sep 27, 2018
Now, I'm not sure regarding resubmitting of application.
Note on my application is:
" Your application is considered complete. However, as you submitted your application for concurrent processing with a family member whose application was incomplete, the entire package is being returned to you.
Please resubmit this application and your documents with the completed applications for your family members." -
this means that I don't need to do anything with my application and just send as it is? ( same application, docs and dates).? Please advise.

Also for my husband - not sure if he needs to prepare a new application
The note is saying:
" If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:
- The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dates October
or later
-Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for phsyhical presence calculations
- All required documents based the Document Checklist

- proof of payment"

I guess he still need to send an old package for evidence and prepare a new application? Or leave the old one and just add required IELTS general exam results?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
You sure they returned it beacuse of ielts academic! I spoke to CIC agent and he confirmed academic is valid!

Justyna

Feb 21, 2016
You sure they returned it beacuse of ielts academic! I spoke to CIC agent and he confirmed academic is valid!
Yes I am sure. That's the reason in explanation note....It's ridiculous as speaking and listening is the same on both exams...
On CIC website in the Guide they are saying that Academic will not be accepted
"
International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
  • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
  • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)'"

pak-albert

Sep 27, 2018
Yes I am sure. That's the reason in explanation note....It's ridiculous as speaking and listening is the same on both exams...
On CIC website in the Guide they are saying that Academic will not be accepted
"
International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
  • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
  • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)'"
If I may ask, is your husband currently working?

mael123

Sep 28, 2018
Please add me to the sheet!

City: Vancouver - Single
App sent: July 5th
App received: July 9th
AOR: Aug. 27th
IP: September 13th

Fingerprints requested September 26th. I havent received the letter yet but I’m assuming its for fingerprints

Asghar89

Sep 27, 2018
Please add me to the sheet!

City: Vancouver - Single
App sent: July 5th
App received: July 9th
AOR: Aug. 27th
IP: September 13th

Fingerprints requested September 26th. I havent received the letter yet but I’m assuming its for fingerprints
Is it normal to ask for finger prints ?

mael123

Sep 28, 2018
Is it normal to ask for finger prints ?
Not quite sure! But since I provided everything else, the only thing would be fingerprints. I looked at other threads of june and may and a lot of people got asked for fingerprints.

This is what was updated online:
“We sent you correspondence on September 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required”

So I’m just waiting to receive it in the mail and we’ll find out :)

Asghar89

Sep 27, 2018
Not quite sure! But since I provided everything else, the only thing would be fingerprints. I looked at other threads of june and may and a lot of people got asked for fingerprints.

This is what was updated online:
“We sent you correspondence on September 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required”

So I’m just waiting to receive it in the mail and we’ll find out :)
Thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression that fingerprints stay in their system for 10 years and most people complete that for PR. Anyways, we need to do what they ask us. All the best!!