23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi @Iceberg , I'm at line 26 now. Please update.

Thank you! :)

Koyeorbo

Dec 8, 2018
Hi Iceberg!

Thanks for updating my details on the spreadsheet. However, my AOR is August 30 and the rest follows in that order........(IP Sept. 6 and so on).

Had our test today, we both passed and had a 3 minutes interview with a Citizenship Officer after the test. Told we should expect an oath letter email within few days as they are booking oath ceremony for Feb. at the moment.

Thanks guys and Merry Xmas in advance.

Reactions: charmainefrances

tala101

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Hi. Got my Test Invite today, December 11. My test schedule is on January 4, 2019.
Kindly update, line 75.
Thanks.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi guys,

I just got my test invite, January 18 in Edmonton.

Line 88.

Thanks to the admins for updating!
Congrats good luck for the test :)

Hello guys!

THIS IS IT!!!!! The lady who I talked to this morning is telling the truth. lol!

I got my test invite just a few minutes ago!

January 18th it is!!!!

Please update the spreadsheet @iceberge !!! yey! finally!!!!!!
Wow received already Congrats cheers :)

Albio

Oct 11, 2018
Hello All,

Seems like IRCC agents are being a bit more proactive these days and also less secretive. Decided to call them to find out about the status of my application. Been in process since oct 25th. Honestly I wasnt expecting a chane before 2019 at least. I was told that I would receive the test invite anytime soon and that my test date is on January 7th. If by Decembre 24th I havent received it, she advised me to call them.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello All,

Seems like IRCC agents are being a bit more proactive these days and also less secretive. Decided to call them to find out about the status of my application. Been in process since oct 25th. Honestly I wasnt expecting a chane before 2019 at least. I was told that I would receive the test invite anytime soon and that my test date is on January 7th. If by Decembre 24th I havent received it, she advised me to call them.
Yes, this happened to me this morning too. When I phoned, the lady told me( although she was kind of hesitant to give the info,) she said I'll receive test invite by January 3or 4 and the test date is on January 18th. BUT, to my surprise, I received the test invite today :) So check your email maybe the invite is there already.

Reactions: Albio

Albio

Oct 11, 2018
Yes, this happened to me this morning too. When I phoned, the lady told me( although she was kind of hesitant to give the info,) she said I'll receive test invite by January 3or 4 and the test date is on January 18th. BUT, to my surprise, I received the test invite today :) So check your email maybe the invite is there already.
have you started to study? I did a bit when I got AoR and i stopped. Lol
Do you guys wait for the test invite start practicing? Seems like a couple of people might have less than a month to study.

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi everyone,
I tried calling this morning given that my application has been in process since Sept 12th. The lady was quite rude though she said "check the online tool and that's your status, if I check myself I'll see the same thing you're seeing".... and that was it we hung up. Not much help.

I'm wondering what everyone asked when asking for an update? Also, did you call IRCC main number or the local office?

Thanks for your help (I'm a June applicant by the way)

Last edited:

Albio

Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone,
I tried calling this morning given that my application has been in process since Sept 12th. The lady was quite rude though she said "check the online tool and that's your status, if I check myself I'll see the same thing you're seeing".... and that was it we hung up. Not much help.

I'm wondering what everyone asked when asking for an update?

Hello,

How are you?
Your application is in process since when?

In your case, You have to trick them. Start by saying that you are a june applicant and that you will be travelling for the holidays and fear to miss your test invite. Ask her if your background check is done and Ask If there is anyway she can tell you when to expect your test invite? Call in the morning after 10 am (they already had their break or breakfast) or after 2pm. They already had lunch and are close to finishing their shift . They will be less aggressive.
Might sound funny but it s true

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hello,

How are you?
Your application is in process since when?

In your case, You have to trick them. Start by saying that you are a june applicant and that you will be travelling for the holidays and fear to miss your test invite. Ask her if your background check is done and Ask If there is anyway she can tell you when to expect your test invite? Call in the morning after 10 am (they already had their break or breakfast) or after 2pm. They already had lunch and are close to finishing their shift . They will be less aggressive.
Might sound funny but it s true
Thanks very much for the reply.

My family application is in process since September 12th in Vancouver (my wife and myself).

I'll give it another shot tomorrow! :)

badblood

Sep 28, 2016
Hello All,

I have my test date on Dec 20, just wanted to ask few questions

1. What's the best way to study for the test apart from Discover Canada ?

2. Is there any dress code that we must follow while appearing for test ?

3. in my email it states, test and checking of documents ( doesnt mention about interview ). is it normal ?

Thanks in advance for the help

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
have you started to study? I did a bit when I got AoR and i stopped. Lol
Do you guys wait for the test invite start practicing? Seems like a couple of people might have less than a month to study.
Yes I started studying in September when my file went in process. I read the book once. I also have flashcards. Every morning I read , 1 chapter for a week.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what everyone asked when asking for an update? Also, did you call IRCC main number or the local office?

We probably got the same lady, that’s exactly what she told me. BUT I said, I KNOW THAT! I wouldn’t phone you and get 20 minutes out of my time if the background checks are also showing on ECAS. And that’s when she change her tone. She checked both of our ID #s (me and my son) and told me both background checks are done.

Then I asked another question, Will I be getting the test invite soon? She said , I’ll check here, then mentioned January 18.

Just be firm when you call.

Koyeorbo

Dec 8, 2018
Hello All,

I have my test date on Dec 20, just wanted to ask few questions

1. What's the best way to study for the test apart from Discover Canada ?

2. Is there any dress code that we must follow while appearing for test ?

3. in my email it states, test and checking of documents ( doesnt mention about interview ). is it normal ?

Thanks in advance for the help
Hi............Please all you need to read is the discover Canada book and solve as many online practice questions as you can. The exam questions are not framed exactly as the practice questions, but they are related and proved to be very helpful.

No dress code required for the test and in my case, just signing of some forms and I.D verification, no interview. Good luck!

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 july 2014 application sent
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
23 jan 2015 medical request received.
Hi All,

I have a query regarding question 9C. It says have you lived outside Canada during your eligibility period. So I am applying in dec 2018 and my eligibility period starts from dec 2013. I landed in Canada in 2015, and I was living somewhere else before immigration 2015. So what should select in this question? yes or No? and when I see form, the form is for crown servant which is not applicable to me anyways.

Thanks