+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
When I talked to a person from MP, she said she can try to escalate my application for urgent process when it's more than 12 months. and she tried but unfortunately my case is(was) non-routine. so there was nothing she could do at that time. I called IRCC yesterday and heard that the extra step that put my case into non-routine has been resolved. so I can expect the test invitation in short time. I'm going to wait till end of this month and if i'm not invited, I will go to MP again. she might change it to urgent process.
Thanks for the reply. I have a similar situation - with the "non routine" label. Though I don't know why: my GCMS notes showed nothing strange. The last I heard from IRCC (via my MP) was that I was test ready (they didn't say anything this last time about the non-routine status). The MP asked me to call back in a month (2 weeks now) if I hadn't been invited to the test by then. Let's see.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
How did you "escalate" the issue? I've gone through my MP, I feel that's more productive than calling in myself.
My issue was escalated by the IRCC agents who realized my application timeline had gone way beyond the 12-month processing period.

WhistlerHusky

Mar 11, 2019
I found something weird from my GCMS note.

I called IRCC on 15th July 2019(after 12 month from apply) and there is comment about this.
Incoming-3
Created date : 2019/07/15
Comment: "Case status For: IRCC-SCAR-CIT Delays have passed for knowledge test"

What I remember about the conversion on July 15th 2019 is that the Call center officer tried to find my email and phone number that is no more in use. so he removed my old phone number and email.

I called IRCC on 22th Aug 2019 a month after the first call and this was also recorded.
Incoming-2
Created date : 2019/08/22
Comment: "For: Call Centre - Tier 3 PSU Review incoming correspondence initially added on 2019/07/15 (the date I called first time)"

I googled PSU.
"The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application(s) for a citizenship certificate that you submitted to this office is now complete. However, your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted on
www.canada.ca/citizenship-help"

Note 6
Created Date 2019/07/30 (MP called)
Text: Received a request for case specific information via MP line. Spoke to MP name from the office of MP name, file status provided.

At that time IRCC did not mention "Non-routine" and the MP said that everything is good and I will be invited soon.

Note 5
Created Date 2019/08/23 (the following day of my second call)
Text: Referral, incoming correspondence - referral sent to Scarborough citizenship regarding IC added on 2019/07/15. FR-4229/PSU

PSU is mentioned.

Note 4
Created Date 2019/09/04
Text:Reply to CSC referral. 12mths time frames does not apply. Applicant will be scheduled into a test event in due course.

Note: 3
Created 2019/09/13
Text: Integrated search conducted. OK to proceed. GLP
(I don't know what GLP stands for but the same day location changed to Test ready)

Note:2
Created Date 2019/09/17
Text: Received a request for case specific information by email. email sent to MP name form the office of MP. File status provided, advised non routine application. no processing times available. VP-3940

I did not hear anything so I went to MP on 2019/09/17. then the MP told me that I'm non-routine applicant so there is no guarantee that I will be invited soon.

I think this all delay started after my first call...

Couple of days ago, I called IRCC and the officer said that my application passed the additional step so I can expect the test invitation soon.

Reactions: neuroticdan

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
I found something weird from my GCMS note.

I called IRCC on 15th July 2019(after 12 month from apply) and there is comment about this.
Incoming-3
Created date : 2019/07/15
Comment: "Case status For: IRCC-SCAR-CIT Delays have passed for knowledge test"

What I remember about the conversion on July 15th 2019 is that the Call center officer tried to find my email and phone number that is no more in use. so he removed my old phone number and email.

I called IRCC on 22th Aug 2019 a month after the first call and this was also recorded.
Incoming-2
Created date : 2019/08/22
Comment: "For: Call Centre - Tier 3 PSU Review incoming correspondence initially added on 2019/07/15 (the date I called first time)"

I googled PSU.
"The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application(s) for a citizenship certificate that you submitted to this office is now complete. However, your file has been referred to the Program Support Unit for a final review and decision. While every effort will be made to finalize your application as soon as possible, this means that it will not be processed within the current application processing times posted on
www.canada.ca/citizenship-help"

Note 6
Created Date 2019/07/30 (MP called)
Text: Received a request for case specific information via MP line. Spoke to MP name from the office of MP name, file status provided.

At that time IRCC did not mention "Non-routine" and the MP said that everything is good and I will be invited soon.

Note 5
Created Date 2019/08/23 (the following day of my second call)
Text: Referral, incoming correspondence - referral sent to Scarborough citizenship regarding IC added on 2019/07/15. FR-4229/PSU

PSU is mentioned.

Note 4
Created Date 2019/09/04
Text:Reply to CSC referral. 12mths time frames does not apply. Applicant will be scheduled into a test event in due course.

Note: 3
Created 2019/09/13
Text: Integrated search conducted. OK to proceed. GLP
(I don't know what GLP stands for but the same day location changed to Test ready)

Note:2
Created Date 2019/09/17
Text: Received a request for case specific information by email. email sent to MP name form the office of MP. File status provided, advised non routine application. no processing times available. VP-3940

I did not hear anything so I went to MP on 2019/09/17. then the MP told me that I'm non-routine applicant so there is no guarantee that I will be invited soon.

I think this all delay started after my first call...

Couple of days ago, I called IRCC and the officer said that my application passed the additional step so I can expect the test invitation soon.
"GLP" are probably the initials of the officer who entered the note. I say so because in my GCMS pdf file, one of the notes was "signed" by an officer (their first and last name) and further down, the same person signed with their initials: "AG".
I'll update if I hear anything, at this point I'll wait two weeks and ask my MP to call again.

WhistlerHusky

Mar 11, 2019
"GLP" are probably the initials of the officer who entered the note. I say so because in my GCMS pdf file, one of the notes was "signed" by an officer (their first and last name) and further down, the same person signed with their initials: "AG".
I'll update if I hear anything, at this point I'll wait two weeks and ask my MP to call again.
Thanks for the reply.

Ask your MP for urgent request, I think somehow they have power to make it urgent process. I will also visit them again next week.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

Ask your MP for urgent request, I think somehow they have power to make it urgent process. I will also visit them again next week.
My MP wrote IRCC last week, they replied that the status is still "test ready" and that they'd "reached out to the processing office". I'll give it a week and see if anything happens, go back to the MP if not.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
My MP wrote IRCC last week, they replied that the status is still "test ready" and that they'd "reached out to the processing office". I'll give it a week and see if anything happens, go back to the MP if not.
Finally an invitation to take the test! Funny enough, though, my ecas still says in process, no mention of the test there. Anyway, glad it's moving.