+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

CanadianSympathy

Feb 11, 2019
I understand your pain. I have life changing decisions on hold because of this but what can we do? Its not within our control. What about BOWP? Did she apply?
This is what happened.

She applied for PR in March 2018 and a BOWP. At that time she had a valid work visa. It is my understanding without a valid work visa you can’t apply for a BOWP.

Her refusal for both caught us off guard and it’s was a simple error which knocked her score one point below the cutoff. One Point!!!!

We reapplied in July 2018 but she no longer was eligible for a BOWP. 14 months later still waiting.

All toll with her first application we’ve been dealing with this since she started getting docs together in OCT 2017.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
This is what happened.

She applied for PR in March 2018 and a BOWP. At that time she had a valid work visa. It is my understanding without a valid work visa you can’t apply for a BOWP.

Her refusal for both caught us off guard and it’s was a simple error which knocked her score one point below the cutoff. One Point!!!!

We reapplied in July 2018 but she no longer was eligible for a BOWP. 14 months later still waiting.

All toll with her first application we’ve been dealing with this since she started getting docs together in OCT 2017.

Oh okay. I understand. Very disheartening. Hang in there.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
There is no SS. Also we spoke with another Irish person in CEC. His file took 18 months...
1% of cases end up longer than 13+Months - it is sad - especially the stress it puts candidates under..

i cleared everything - passed on 10th Sept - look at me still waiting for them to make a decision to whethet extend medicals or remed ..

i am glad they got done with my application except medical status - but still the stress never ends - its just a beginning of 2-3 years of stressful life starting again in a new country till there is still some stability - Life Right :) - Never Ends

Anyways DO NOT GIVE UP - keep hoping and doing your part - call them every week or at best twice a week - raise webforms every 3-4 weeks ..

Hang in there - Look at @SithLord - a great example of never giving up - if it was me - that would be the end to a lot of hope

Reactions: EE12345

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Am not in SS according to calls and GCMS notes. Have involved my MP since March. No update. MP's office keep saying "in Process"
What is the status of your medicals - any RR

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
1% of cases end up longer than 13+Months - it is sad - especially the stress it puts candidates under..

i cleared everything - passed on 10th Sept - look at me still waiting for them to make a decision to whethet extend medicals or remed ..

i am glad they got done with my application except medical status - but still the stress never ends - its just a beginning of 2-3 years of stressful life starting again in a new country till there is still some stability - Life Right :) - Never Ends

Anyways DO NOT GIVE UP - keep hoping and doing your part - call them every week or at best twice a week - raise webforms every 3-4 weeks ..

Hang in there - Look at @SithLord - a great example of never giving up - if it was me - that would be the end to a lot of hope
It took a week for them to review my medical results in the final stage after I passed my security check. A week after, my medicals changed to passed.

Reactions: kzeed12

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
It took a week for them to review my medical results in the final stage after I passed my security check. A week after, my medicals changed to passed.
when i called last week - the agent said once all checks were completed - it said Email Sent (internal email on medical extension or remed) - he put in a reminder on the call - the call was longer than usual and asked me to wait for a week and then call back if i do not hear from them -

i have to call them today or tomorrow

Aug 16, 2019
when i called last week - the agent said once all checks were completed - it said Email Sent (internal email on medical extension or remed) - he put in a reminder on the call - the call was longer than usual and asked me to wait for a week and then call back if i do not hear from them -

i have to call them today or tomorrow
Did the agent tell you about your VO? Thank you in advance..

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Received third set of GCMS today. Same situation. They're just doing nothing and sitting on my file. However, it's written that due date is on 30/09/2019 and they'll review some documents which we had sent on the due date. Does this mean anything or do they just keep changing due dates?
@cansha @tobs

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Dear forum members,
I need assistance with interpreting my GCMS notes and next steps. AOR is 14th July 2018 and had applied under EE FSW from the USA. My case was transferred from Centralized Intake Office to CPC Ottawa on 23rd Aug 2018 as part of workload redistribution and last update on my GCMS notes is PReVU verified (applicant information) on 30th Aug 2018. Since then, there has been no movement on my application as per the notes. I have also moved to Canada in the interim on the same position from my current company on a work permit. I appreciate your response in advance.

My Questions:
1) What would be this forum's recommendation on my next steps based on the below GCMS notes?
2) During submissions, our passports did not have latest US visas stamped as visa extension was in progress which later came through (USCIS check does indicate NRT in the GCMS notes).
3) I am fairly confident on the funds availability though I am unsure whether I should resubmit the funds proof from the bank with the highest deposit which should be sufficient to meet the requirements.
4) My experience letter doesn't contain date - not sure if that will be a problem.

GCMS Notes below:
------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2018/08/30
Label: General
Text: PReVU Verified (Applicant Information)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2018/08/10
Label: EE Eligibility
Summmary Notes: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW EDOC#XXXXXXX REGARDING EMPLOYMENT DUTIES OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW EDOC#XXXXXXX REGARDING FUNDS (INVESTMENT, RRSP) A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : REVIEW REQUIRED R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW Points Total: 57 Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CRS score at Invitation to apply (ITA) 451 CRS points minimum score for round: 440 CRS score at application (APR) : 451 Total CRS points assessed: 386 / Verified CRS Score: 386 I have reviewed the following for CRS points:
INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): no applicant in status NOTE: PA and SPOUSE previous TRV refusal
EXPERIENCE: Primary occupation: NOC: xyz EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) Provided: Master's degree yyyy-yy to yyyy-yy. Job Role Current Job Role at Company * Review Required* - eDoc#xxxxxx
NOTE: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW EDOC#xxxxxx REG EMPLOYMENT DUTIES - Letter confirms salary of xxxxxx PER ANNUM FSW Work: 0 years 0 months of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 0 years 0 months of 3 years - REVIEW REQUIRED
-------------------------------------------------------------------
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review required Approx. CAD $0 Family of x requires CAD $ xx xxx NOTE: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW EDOC# xxxxxxx REGARDING FUNDS (INVESTMENT, RRSP)
Hi,

Finally did you receive PPR? Please confirm

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hey, I too am May 2018 AOR with application on hold for further review since Nov 2018. My agent is not in favor of CBSA/ CSIS notes, so I cannot even order them. Just waiting.
Do not listen to the agent - they do not mind the delay on your file - mine said not to order gcms notes and if i did not - i would not have known what my file was under Review Required for .. i got to know from gcms - responded with updated required docs and finally cleared my eligibility ..

So please go ahead and feel free to request gcms/cbsa/csis notes or call them frequently - whichever is required to know more info ..

Trust me - better to know the reason for delay than regret when it becomes too late ..

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Do not listen to the agent - they do not mind the delay on your file - mine said not to order gcms notes and if i did not - i would not have known what my file was under Review Required for .. i got to know from gcms - responded with updated required docs and finally cleared my eligibility ..

So please go ahead and feel free to request gcms/cbsa/csis notes or call them frequently - whichever is required to know more info ..

Trust me - better to know the reason for delay than regret when it becomes too late ..
Thank you Kzeed12. I am totally with you on ordering CBSA/ CSIS notes. It is the best way to get SS info. My agent had ordered GCMS around Dec 2018 and everything was passed except security. There were no reviews. So, as all went fine, except security, which is not in my agents hands, I think i will stick with his opinion for now, as he did a good job with my docs and eligibility/point calculations.
I am also in touch with my local mp once a month, and call cic agents once a month. They say further verifications are being done by CIC and 3rd party agents, and no additional docs or info is required from you at the moment. Some call centre agents say security is in review, some don't give any info at all. So maybe I will just order another set of GCMS.

Reactions: kzeed12

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hello peeps

Does anyone have any idea when can one expect the ppr after medical extension, I mean the maximum time limit!

Thanks in advance

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
Hello peeps

Does anyone have any idea when can one expect the ppr after medical extension, I mean the maximum time limit!

Thanks in advance
Hi it can vary person to person. But going by my personal experience it took about two weeks after completion of my remedicals