+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Watch out for the next biweekly draw, you might get PPR the same evening. This is my hunch, good luck :)the last draw was on June 12 ...
I wasn't aware those draws had any bearing on PPR issued but I have heard PPRs come in batches. Do the batches tend to come when new applicants are drawn from the pool?

Last edited:

sharathk05

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I wasn't aware those draws had any bearing on PPR issued but I have heard PPRs come in batches. Do the batches tend to come when new applicants are drawn from the pool?
No, I have seen most of the cases overlapped with draw. Its just a speculation. Hope yours get through much before that..

Reactions: CaptainJG

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Looking at your timeline I guess it took them 18 days to determine whether or not to extend your medicals? I ask as I'm in the same boat. Currently at day 10.

Based on previous experience a re-medical is gonna add at least 6 weeks. Three weeks to get an appointment and another three for it to be approved.
Hi Mr. @CaptainJG , any idea on when did your medicals expire?

Goodwill22

Dec 22, 2014
HI friends,

Got my PPR today, took me 11 months and 7 days for this :)

My timelines (inland CEC applicant)
AOR - July 14th, 2018
Aug 1st - Medical Cleared
and then No Updates forever

Jan 23rd Notes ordered - Below was mentioned
Immigration officer on August 6th, 2018 - REVIEW NEEDED: mentioned that NOC code entered does not align with the job description mentioned in employment letter

Second Notes ordered April - 26 - Same message(REVIEW NEEDED), nobody has opened my file since August 6th

Ghost Update May 20 - When checked saw the medical status changed from Medical Cleared to " We do not need any documents" - That means medical expired

June 4 - Called IRCC, They said, a lot movement happened to your file in May, Immigrant officer has cleared your file, we are requesting to extend your medical, so that you do not have to do it again. wait for a reply.

June 20th 4 pm - Ghost Update - Status changed to Your medical is Cleared,
But file status was same - Submitted

June 20th 10pm - Passport request emails.

Cheers and good luck to everyone!

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
Hi everyone, I am AOR july 18 from Pretoria office and still waiting for PPR. Any one from Pretoria still waiting as well? all I get is your file is in queue awaiting officer review. With a not complicated application I don't understand why it's taking sooo long to review.... Will be a year next month :(. Just want to know is this is a common thing these days? my CIC account updated I April and my BG changed to N/A after paying the PR fees.

Since they are 3 stages of BG N/A, I am unable to say which one this was because ii don't check my account often (a bit depressing to check with no updates...). Thanks :).
Hi @CanadaJuly18 I'm AOR April 2018 and our file is also sitting in Pretoria. Do you know when your file moved to Pretoria? Ours moved there in March and I have seen a few people who's files moved there in March start to get PPR, but we are still waiting and it's so frustrating and disheartening. Were you under review required?

CanadaJuly18

Jun 20, 2019
Hello @Kitcat247 My file moved to Pretoria end Nov 18. When requesting the notes in Jan 19, I noticed that only within that week it was looked at and I received a request to provide a document concerning my kids (everything else was fine but the review was recommended for that specific doc), which was sent the same day. I send a CSE in March to ask if I can pay for the PR fees, they replied on email that it's is fine. In April I checked my CIC account by chance and notice a "updated" application that immediately returned to "submitted". and my BG was saying "In progress" turned to "N/A". I assumed something had happened and hoped to hear from them in May or so but... In May (within the week I requested new notes) I received a message saying "application on queue awaiting review from officer". God know how terrible those replies feel like...

Will probably receive new notes end of June and hopefully have an idea where things are... It's harder when you have children involved. Praying that we make it there before the academic year starts in Sept. Medicals expiry en July....

Reactions: Kitcat247

CanadaJuly18

Jun 20, 2019
HI friends,

AOR - July 14th, 2018

Immigration officer on August 6th, 2018 - REVIEW NEEDED: mentioned that NOC code entered does not align with the job description mentioned in employment letter

Second Notes ordered April - 26 - Same message(REVIEW NEEDED), nobody has opened my file since August 6th

Ghost Update May 20 - When checked saw the medical status changed from Medical Cleared to " We do not need any documents" - That means medical expired

June 4 - Called IRCC, They said, a lot movement happened to your file in May, Immigrant officer has cleared your file, we are requesting to extend your medical, so that you do not have to do it again. wait for a reply.

@goodwill: congratulations!

Priyal1717

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31/7072018
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
HI friends,

AOR - July 14th, 2018

Congratulations
Did you submit any documents proactively for the review needed when you ordered the first set of gcms notes??
Curious to know as I am also in review required

Reactions: djangoboy

Priyal1717

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31/7072018
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Hi All!

This is Bhumit Trivedi from Vadodara, India. I applied through express entry with family.

AOR: July'2018
Re-Medical request: 5 June'2019
Re-medical submitted: 10 June'2019
PPR Received: 19 June'2019
Passports sent: 20 June' 2019
Current status: Waiting for stamped passport and COPR Letter

Important to note: Online profile still shows Eligibility, Background and Final Decision in process. I hope it changes soon.

From my experience, I can say that Re-medicals request is definitely a good sign!

Thank you all for your updates. They have been really informative and helped reduce anxiety on many occasions. I wish good luck to all those friends who are still waiting for PPR.
Congratulations

noob696A

May 20, 2018
The work loads has increased significantly at CIC Ottawa office and it's causing a drastic delay. Many files are pending final review by the officer.

Any reason on your delay, are you in review required?
No the agent explained that I have passed all the steps and the processing office is finalizing my application so that it can be sent to the nearest processing office.

Reactions: djangoboy

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
HI friends,

AOR - July 14th, 2018

Congratulations! Did your medicals change to not applicable or you do not need medicals?