+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hello all,
I know all the steps of my application just got completed last weekend.
Eligibility, Criminality and Security passed. And on the same day that my security was passed they have requested for medical extension as my medical results are valid until June. This is the final step and my file will be approved after this extension.
Has anyone had a similar case? Do you guys know how long does it take for them to clear this extension and make the final decision?
What do you mean by saying they requested for medical extension? Did they ask you to redo the medical or do they give you the opportunity to land even after your medical validity?

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Hello all,
I know all the steps of my application just got completed last weekend.
Eligibility, Criminality and Security passed. And on the same day that my security was passed they have requested for medical extension as my medical results are valid until June. This is the final step and my file will be approved after this extension.
Has anyone had a similar case? Do you guys know how long does it take for them to clear this extension and make the final decision?
According to observations, 2-3 weeks

Reactions: INTamir

Tanny2591

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
Yes. Even though my file is at CIO Sydney for months now Ottawa has always responded to my CSE directly (not forwarding it to a different office).
Anyway, I guess its useless to assume anything here, better if I call them to find out if indeed my file has moved to another location or not :D
Yeah true... My office (to reply) was also Ottawa...

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
What do you mean by saying they requested for medical extension? Did they ask you to redo the medical or do they give you the opportunity to land even after your medical validity?
They have not asked me to do medical exams again (yet). So, this is what happens when you are close to the expiry date of your medical results. The officer either asks the applicant to do the medical exams again or they just extend it for another year. In my case, I believe has just requested to extend it for another year without re-med and I was wondering if anybody knows from GCMS notes that how long it usually takes for them to do the paper work to extend the medical results. This would be the final step on my file and the decision will be made after this step.

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
@cansha @tobs @legalfalcon After 10 exact months, I moved to IP2 yesterday Friday May, 3rd.
CIC also requested 3 items:
1. Supplementary Student form (i don't know why the hell they sent me this form)
2. CV (but why? i am a FSW-outland)
3. Schedule A Background/Declaration

Please has anyone came across such requests, namely the first one? i would really appreciate his guidance.

I'm glad your case is moving. I hope you get PPR soon.

Reactions: KarRml

lichun2644

Jun 25, 2018
Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for many months since our AOR date of June 10th, 2018. Our application was stuck in IP1 stage since the end of June last year, and no one touched our file since then. After reading the posts and replies on this forum, I contacted the local MP to ask for help on April 16th, 2019, and she called the IRCC the next day and got a reply "you will hear from them in ten days." Exactly on April 26th, we received an update on the website, showing that our file was moved to IP2 stage. In the following week, we called the agents through the phone to ask the most current stage of our application, and we were told that everything had passed and is waiting for a "final review." Yesterday (May 3rd, 2019), we received another update in the morning but only to observe an update on the medical exam (which was originally passed last year but accidentally changed to "You do not need a medical exam...", I emailed the CPC-Ottawa about this mistake, and it was corrected yesterday). And in the afternoon, we received the golden email. So I would like to thank all who have been actively contributing to this discussion, and the suggestions are really helpful.

For people who are stuck in the IP1 stage, if the waiting time is longer than 6 months and GCMS notes showed no update for a long time (like ours, nothing changed for 10 months), it would be beneficial to contact a local MP to inquire about the status on your behalf. Just like our MP said, "if I call them, they may realize that this file is important, and this will make the process faster." This is true in our case. If you are abroad, maybe ask someone familiar in Canada who can submit the request on your behalf. However, if you submit the express entry application through an agency, it would be not possible to do it this way; instead, you have to reply on your agent. Here is our time line:

FSW-applicant (Country of Origin: China, Country of Residence: USA)
AOR- June 10th, 2018
Medical Passed - June 26th, 2018
Ghost update - June 27th, 2018 (appear to be a mistake made by the case agent: we have submitted POF but an email of requesting a POF was sent and then reverted! This was shown in the GCMS note)
Review Required for POF, supplementary document (IP1 stage)- from June 27th, 2018.
Order first set GCMS note - Nov, 2018
Order second set GCMS note - Feb, 2019 (exactly the same thing as the first set, showing that no one has touched our file since June 2018)
Contacted the local MP - April 16th, 2019
Background check (IP2 stage) - April 26th, 2019
Medical exam re-updated - May 3rd, 2019 (in the morning)
RFV - May 3rd, 2019 (in the afternoon)
Will send the passport and do landing this month.

This is a complete process that we undertook since last year. It has been a long wait for us. And I hope this will be helpful for those who are still waiting or stuck in the IP1 stage. Once again, thanks everyone for the valuable comments and ideas. :)

inyourheart

May 3, 2019
My security took 4-5 months to get completed.
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I was in security screening since last Aug, and 2 days ago (May 2nd) I received a ghost update, and my Medical status changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I thought that is an indication that my security was cleared and medical was automatically extended. However when I called CIC, the agent told me nothing has changed, and security is still in progress :(

Do you know if a medical extention is only initiated when everything is passed and waiting for final decision?

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
They have not asked me to do medical exams again (yet). So, this is what happens when you are close to the expiry date of your medical results. The officer either asks the applicant to do the medical exams again or they just extend it for another year. In my case, I believe has just requested to extend it for another year without re-med and I was wondering if anybody knows from GCMS notes that how long it usually takes for them to do the paper work to extend the medical results. This would be the final step on my file and the decision will be made after this step.
I seriously doubt they extend the meds for year. They always go for the fresh medicals.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I was in security screening since last Aug, and 2 days ago (May 2nd) I received a ghost update, and my Medical status changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I thought that is an indication that my security was cleared and medical was automatically extended. However when I called CIC, the agent told me nothing has changed, and security is still in progress :(

Do you know if a medical extention is only initiated when everything is passed and waiting for final decision?
Interesting. I also was at SS from late Oct, got a ghost update several days ago and the next day a request for fresh medicals. My status shows "your action is required, you need to make a medical exam"

Reactions: djangoboy

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Interesting. I also was at SS from late Oct, got a ghost update several days ago and the next day a request for fresh medicals. My status shows "your action is required, you need to make a medical exam"
do the meds ASAP, the end is near