+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
@tobs @cansha I got my PPR email but it came in form of a request letter and my online account shows a placeholder to upload client information. Is this the norm? Do they need me to upload any other thing?

Also in addition to the CVAC consent form, passports, etc VFS online says applicants should provide contact information which includes name, email, return address...what return address do they expect? The one used on the application or the CVAC address since that's where I would be picking up the passports from once they are stamped and returned.

NB: Spouse is accompanying

Please see link below:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents

Lamart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
who's utility bill @Lamart should I put- spouse's or sisinlaw's?
By the way, I have already submitted my sis-in-laws mobile bill and job docs earlier...
Did you submit her mobile bill before or after you received the gcms. If after then I guess you will be fine with that

Went back to check requirements for claiming siblings. Unfortunately you can't claim your husband's sister because he is a non accompanying spouse and not included in your application.

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi @tobs , @Canashare , everyone,
Due to some reason, CIC has slashed down my points from 453 to 438....and application is still under review.
Can you suggest can I make another profile with 438 CRS points which has a possibility to come in the next few draws and keep my this profile into process as it is....whenever I get 438 in the draw, I will withdraw the current profile and use the next one?Can I make another profile like that?
no.
what was the reason for the points reduction? is it something you can fix?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs and all

I got my PPR email. Yaaaaaaayyyy. Thank God and thank you all for helping me pass through this waiting period. Much appreciated. Relieveeeeeddddddd.

@tobs will be submitting my passport(s) next week. Is there anything to note or to be aware of? NB: I have a Dependent accompanying.
congratulations!!

Reactions: Dodoz

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I haven't reached that stage yet and I literally came back to Nigeria 12 days ago after a loooong hiatus. So I am also curious about the answer lol
@Dodoz there's a sterling bank counter inside the CVAC where you'll pay. there's a thread on this forum on the VFS/ VAC with details about the amount you'll pay & timelines.
Hopefully yours comes soon @cougprey

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Original copies of credentials: all school certificates, professional licenses, letter of appointment.
@Dodoz this doesn't apply to you. this is for application.
yours is the PPR letter, passport, etc.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs and other seniors; the CVAC consent form says 'NAME (printed)'. What does 'printed' mean? It's a PDF file, not editable. Can I write my name in black ink?

Secondly, how should the envelope with enclosed intl passport, photographs and other docs be addressed? Or should it be left blank? If it needs to be addressed, what should the return address be? CVAC Lagos address or the address used on my application?

Thirdly, how should I address my Dependent's envelope? Can I use his email or should the email address be the one I registered with CIC?

These questions may be silly but I just need to be sure that I am thinking right.
hand written in capital letters.
if you're going to submit by yourself you don't need envelopes. unless you're sending it by courier. use the e-mail address on file and the address you want it delivered to.
But like I said none of this is relevant if you go by hand to submit at VFS.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
thanks for the reply @Canashare ....The reason for decrement of points is that I claimed my sis-in-laws points whereas my husband is with me in India and my sis-in-law is in Canada... My husband has a PR already so I mentioned him non-accompanying.....So the CIC has deducted my sibling points (15 points) and score is now 438.....My spouse had plans to move to Canada with me, but looks like he will go without me bcz its been more than 9 months now, I got no revert from them.

The GCMS also clearly state that eligibility is still under review and sibling points invalid.
okay. sister in law points doesn't count as sibling points since it's you that's the PA not your husband.
you can wait for CIC to make a decision while you work on ways to raise your CRS. (improving on IELTS, getting 3 years experience, etc) or get in the pool and hope ITA draw scores drop.

Another option is for your spouse to sponsor you later.

All the best.

Reactions: cecict

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs @cansha I got my PPR email but it came in form of a request letter and my online account shows a placeholder to upload client information. Is this the norm? Do they need me to upload any other thing?

Also in addition to the CVAC consent form, passports, etc VFS online says applicants should provide contact information which includes name, email, return address...what return address do they expect? The one used on the application or the CVAC address since that's where I would be picking up the passports from once they are stamped and returned.

NB: Spouse is accompanying

Please see link below:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents
Lol @Dodoz I feel like I've responded to 10 questions already.
ignore the additional data request thing. Accra VO sometimes messes up the CIC profile when they issue PPR. Mine started showing that after they sent the PPR I already received 3 times from other VOs. it's still that way. Ignore it.
Just include your address & contact info. Yours cos you're the point of reference for everything. it's no big deal really.

neeraja90

Mar 28, 2019
hi I have applied on july 20th, still havent received PPR.
Applied for GCMS notes on march 15th, awaiting reply. status says that background check is yet to be started.

neeraja90

Mar 28, 2019
Hi All,

Just received PPR email!!!
AOR : July 24, 2018
IP1 : Aug 15, 2018
Received GCMS notes: End of March, no RR, Notes had "Appears Met"
VO: Montreal
IP2: Apr 8, 2019 (Ghost update)
PPR: Apr 12, 2019

Thank you all for your feedback and positivity!! Good luck everyone :):)
Hi saranya
WHat is a ghost update? I applie on july 20, still waiting on any update from CIC

linsa

Mar 20, 2019
Category........
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Congratulations :)
Hi All,

Just received PPR email!!!
AOR : July 24, 2018
IP1 : Aug 15, 2018
Received GCMS notes: End of March, no RR, Notes had "Appears Met"
VO: Montreal
IP2: Apr 8, 2019 (Ghost update)
PPR: Apr 12, 2019

Thank you all for your feedback and positivity!! Good luck everyone :):)