+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
That's an all too familiar story. You have no options other than to order GCMS notes. See what the potential hold up is and if necessary submit additional documents so when they eventually revisit your file they have everything they need. I and others have tried everything else that you have in order to speed up our processing and also have gotten nowhere. Its one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.

More information may help you minimize delays and that's about all of us over 6 months can hope for.

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
That's an all too familiar story. You have no options other than to order GCMS notes. See what the potential hold up is and if necessary submit additional documents so when they eventually revisit your file they have everything they need. I and others have tried everything else that you have in order to speed up our processing and also have gotten nowhere. Its one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.

More information may help you minimize delays and that's about all of us over 6 months can hope for.
Thanks, hopefully I can figure something out once I get the notes. Things will be easier to sort out while I'm still in the US.

Reactions: CaptainJG

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,
I've been lurking on the forum for a while (as well as the June AOR and Montreal Visa Office forum). I need your help because I am starting to go crazy. Here is my story:

• I applied for express entry (EE) under the federal skilled workers (FSW) program July 10th 2018.
  • Received my invitation to apply July 11th 2018.
  • I applied for permanent residence July 30th 2018 and received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) the following day.
  • My application was updated August 23rd 2018 (I think it had to do with my medical passing and my background check status changing)
    Is there a way to tell when your background check status changes?
  • Got a request for Biometrics October 19th 2018 and Completed it October 23rd 2018
  • Raised a Case Specifice Enquiry (CSE) on January 25th to update my address (incorrectly)
  • Raised a CSE on January 30th to inquire about the status of my application
  • Received this response:
    Good day,
    Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
    We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
    While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
    Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
    Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
    We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
    We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
  • Ordered Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes on January 30th
  • Emailed Case Processing Center (CPC) Ottawa on January 31st (no response)
  • Raised 2 CSE's to update my address correctly and inquire about my application
    Good day,
    Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
    We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
    You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
    · Your application was received via your account on July 30, 2018.
    · Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Canada,
      • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
    • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
      • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
    While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
    Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.
    We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
  • Emailed a Member of Parliament to ask for help and was directed to the immigration minister
    Dear:
    Thank you for your correspondence of February 7, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning the status of your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.
    I appreciate your wish to have your application completed as soon as possible. Please be assured that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes every effort to deal with the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department would like.
    Please note that the processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.
    The Department’s operational network is working hard to ensure that all applications are processed within a manageable timeframe given existing resources and capacity, while continuing to maintain program integrity.
    IRCC records confirm that your application for permanent residence is actively being processed at the IRCC immigration office in Montreal, and has received an update on your current employment. Records further indicate that this application is currently in queue to be reviewed by immigration officials.
    Although I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of your application, please be assured that you will be notified of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit.
    While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.
  • I have also called the call center a couple of times but the information I receive varies. For example, I called last week Thursday and I was told Eligibility and Security were being checked and criminality had passed. I called today and the agent told me Eligibility and Security had not yet started and criminality had passed.
  • I am still waiting on my GCMS notes to make better sense of the delay. If anyone has any insight I will be grateful.
  • Finally, the reason I am in a rush is because I am on an F1 visa in the US and my STEM OPT expired January 31st (So I found myself with a lot of free time and started bugging IRCC a lot; luckily, it matched up with my 6 month wait time) and so I have 60 days from that date to go back home to Nigeria. It would be more cost effective to go to Canada from the US than it would be to go back home.
Sorry for the long post. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Welcome to the thread.
Your notes will give more info, but in the mean time when next you call ask if your eligibility has been recommended passed or it's review required.
Also, Montreal has a unique way of processing applications. Join the thread to find out more.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-236#post-7614543

Tamu11

May 1, 2018
I talked to a call center agent yesterday. Surprisingly, I was able to reach them past 4pm local time.

From what I was hearing, it seemed that there is a strong chance that my application may take about 12 months to finalize. As the agent mentioned she is seeing a good amount of application taking 10 months even 13 months. I have a RR on my file for employment. Still have 5 months to go now.

I know people who have had RR have also gotten PPR in less then 7 months. So don't get disheartened folks!

Just wanted to share that piece of info, as I was very curious regarding a timeline for applications that had, review required, and assume other people who are in similar situation may want to know as well.

I am hoping that it does not take that long.

Wishing you folks great luck!!

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
I talked to a call center agent yesterday. Surprisingly, I was able to reach them past 4pm local time.

From what I was hearing, it seemed that there is a strong chance that my application may take about 12 months to finalize. As the agent mentioned she is seeing a good amount of application taking 10 months even 13 months. I have a RR on my file for employment. Still have 5 months to go now.

I know people who have had RR have also gotten PPR in less then 7 months. So don't get disheartened folks!

Just wanted to share that piece of info, as I was very curious regarding a timeline for applications that had, review required, and assume other people who are in similar situation may want to know as well.

I am hoping that it does not take that long.

Wishing you folks great luck!!
Its possible but anything a call agent tells you must be taken with a pinch of salt. We know half the time they're just trying to get us off the phone.
In the best case shes providing a candid insight but it still remains only a single data point.

I'm could be missing it but I'm surprised that there is no RR thread on this forum thriving the way the Month of AOR threads are thriving. There is certainly enough people RR at any given time to warrant it. I myself want to find similar cases to use as references and generate an excel sheet so I can figure out averages etc but dont have the time to thrawl thousands of pages on old Month of AOR threads looking for data. MyImmitracker obviously has such data but I can't access it or manipulate it to look for patterns.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Its possible but anything a call agent tells you must be taken with a pinch of salt. We know half the time they're just trying to get us off the phone.
In the best case shes providing a candid insight but it still remains only a single data point.

I'm could be missing it but I'm surprised that there is no RR thread on this forum thriving the way the Month of AOR threads are thriving. There is certainly enough people RR at any given time to warrant it. I myself want to find similar cases to use as references and generate an excel sheet so I can figure out averages etc but dont have the time to thrawl thousands of pages on old Month of AOR threads looking for data. MyImmitracker obviously has such data but I can't access it or manipulate it to look for patterns.
I suggest that you create a Google sheet and post on all 2018 AOR threads asking people that had/have RR to fill in their details. You have to keep reminding them to fill it. Recruit a couple of people on August thread to help you and ask to be added to WhatsA** RR groups.
This should help with getting data.

Reactions: cansha and Tamu11

Tamu11

May 1, 2018

I agree, I have not found a RR thread with a lot of activity. Let me know if you find something or would like to work together on something like that.

Reactions: tobs

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
I agree, I have not found a RR thread with a lot of activity. Let me know if you find something or would like to work together on something like that.
I would definitely contribute to such a thread, even if it is simply to voice my ongoing frustration and advise others in what limited capacity I can.
Lets brainstorm a little bit here on what guidelines we want in the initial post for such a thread.
I personally would like to see people share the following.

1. The nature of the RR. Whether its employment, POF or other.
2. The usual key dates and info:
  • AOR
  • Visa Office
  • So called IP1
  • So called IP2.
  • Ghost Update
  • PPR if applicable
3. Key dates and info relevant to the RR.
  • What date does GCMS show it flagged as RR.
  • Again why it was flagged.
  • What date did you submit LOE & additional docs.
  • Was LOE/Additional docs proactive or was there a Additional Document Request.
  • If the latter what date was ADR received.
  • What date did they then did revisit your application.
  • And of course the outcome, once you find out.
@tobs you are an expert and somewhat of our defacto leader. I imagine you've seen alot of RRs and advised them. Any thoughts?

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
I suggest that you create a Google sheet and post on all 2018 AOR threads asking people that had/have RR to fill in their details. You have to keep reminding them to fill it. Recruit a couple of people on August thread to help you and ask to be added to WhatsA** RR groups.
This should help with getting data.
Whoops, I missed this on my first pass. A good suggestion.

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I would definitely contribute to such a thread, even if it is simply to voice my ongoing frustration and advise others in what limited capacity I can.
Lets brainstorm a little bit here on what guidelines we want in the initial post for such a thread.
I personally would like to see people share the following.

1. The nature of the RR. Whether its employment, POF or other.
2. The usual key dates and info:
  • AOR
  • Visa Office
  • So called IP1
  • So called IP2.
  • Ghost Update
  • PPR if applicable
3. Key dates and info relevant to the RR.
  • What date does GCMS show it flagged as RR.
  • Again why it was flagged.
  • What date did you submit LOE & additional docs.
  • Was LOE/Additional docs proactive or was there a Additional Document Request.
  • If the latter what date was ADR received.
  • What date did they then did revisit your application.
  • And of course the outcome, once you find out.
@tobs you are an expert and somewhat of our defacto leader. I imagine you've seen alot of RRs and advised them. Any thoughts?
These are relevant questions. I think this should work. You may want to reduce the number of questions tho so as not to scare anyone off.

Reactions: CaptainJG