Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Hey Tamu,

Purely personal reasons. When we got our ITA in July we booked flights to Canada there and then. We flew into Toronto, bought a car and camped our way across Canada to Vancouver Island looking at all the places we may want to settle.

We honestly thought when we submitted our application that it would be one of the more straight forward ones to approve (ha - the arrogance!) and based on info on this forum and other places we were expecting to get our approval by Xmas. So we rented a condo on Vancouver Island and we have been hanging out here since October. We were not expecting to still be waiting at six months, with no indication of when a decision will be made. If IRCC could give us an indication that our eligibility was met, or give us an approximate timescale etc then we could wait longer, but we can’t simply just hang on indefinitely (financially and the fact our oldest son will be starting school soon).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect IRCC to treat us any diffierently from anyone else, and we certainly don’t regret what we have done for a minute, as this was a once in a lifetime trip and it has been amazing for us as a family. However the delay and lack of information from IRCC is a real pain in the ass and is forcing us to make alternative arrangements.
I totally get what you’re saying, I’m sort of in the same boat. I came to Canada with my wife in February with the promisse that if we applied from within country we could get a work permit. That’s what a damned consultant told me, and I bought that BS. It turned out we couldn’t! There’s no legal grounds for that. It would’ve been possible if we had a valid work permit by the time we applied, which we didn’t.

But still we decided to wait and see how long it would be, as we believed our application was pretty straight forward. Just to summ it up, it’s been almost a year now of waiting, my wife got pregnant in between and we still haven’t heard anything useful from IRCC, apart from “everything looks good, we’ll contact you if we need further information” kind of thing.

As you said, I don’t regret doing that, although poorer now, I got richer in spirit hahahah. In hindsight, I should’ve done a more extensive research and didn’t believe what a consultant says, specially if s/he is of your same nationality.

And as I’ve said here before, I don’t take this whole immigration thing as if IRCC was doing a favor to me. I paid, and paid high, to have an answer during the timeframe given by them themselves. If they’re not able to process the application within 6 months, than update it, because now it’s clear to me this “20% takes longer” stuff is a fallacy.

I’m so annoyed and irritated!

Last edited:

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Any other FSW-Inland applicants still awaiting a decision?

ritz9999

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Congrats everyone who got the PPR Request.
Anyone's file being processed/ processing in Edmonton ?

Looks like my file is stuck in Edmonton after Vergreville was closed.

No progress on my application since August

Upon calling CIC today, go to know that IRCC responded to my CSE on Jan 14th regarding my application progress and escalated to Edmonton as it crossed 6 months, even they haven't got any update till now. Very frustrating.

Background, Criminality and Security yet to be started.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I totally get what you’re saying, I’m sort of in the same boat. I came to Canada with my wife in February with the promisse that if we applied from within country we could get a work permit. That’s what a damned consultant told me, and I bought that BS. It turned out we couldn’t! There’s no legal grounds for that. It would’ve been possible if we had a valid work permit by the time we applied, which we didn’t.

But still we decided to wait and see how long it would be, as we believed our application was pretty straight forward. Just to summ it up, it’s been almost a year now of waiting, my wife got pregnant in between and we still haven’t heard anything useful from IRCC, apart from “everything looks good, we’ll contact you if we need further information” kind of thing.

As you said, I don’t regret doing that, although poorer now, I got richer in spirit hahahah. In hindsight, I should’ve done a more extensive research and didn’t believe what a consultant says, specially if s/he is of your same nationality.

And as I’ve said here before, I don’t take this whole immigration thing as if IRCC was doing a favor to me. I paid, and paid high, to have an answer during the timeframe given by them themselves. If they’re not able to process the application within 6 months, than update it, because now it’s clear to me this “20% takes longer” stuff is a fallacy.

I’m so annoyed and irritated!
I am glad there is someone out there who is as free spirited/reckless as we are! Where are you at the moment?

I hear what you are saying. My gut feel is that we have a review required on some of our info (which I imagine is what Gruff had over his POF). I don’t mind them reviewing our case thoroughly as I hope it stops the system being abused.

However, I think Gruff’s case is shockingly inefficient and indicative of a poor process. Fair enough it appears that he made a a mistake, but taking over 6 months to inform him of it, after he had written 3 CSEs and got no mention of it in any of the responses is awful customer service. It really has made me worry about just why ours is delayed, and whether I can trust anything the agents have said.

sekhon22

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
I had the same in my first notes. A month later criminality was passed.
What's your VO? That may explain why your criminality still isn't passed almost 6 months later despite having no issues. Is it Montreal?
As per first page primary office is Ottawa secondary is centralized intake. It's mention Montreal as well on notes 1,, notes 2 Ottawa, note 3 again Montreal etc.

Last edited:

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
I am glad there is someone out there who is as free spirited/reckless as we are! Where are you at the moment?

I hear what you are saying. My gut feel is that we have a review required on some of our info (which I imagine is what Gruff had over his POF). I don’t mind them reviewing our case thoroughly as I hope it stops the system being abused.

However, I think Gruff’s case is shockingly inefficient and indicative of a poor process. Fair enough it appears that he made a a mistake, but taking over 6 months to inform him of it, after he had written 3 CSEs and got no mention of it in any of the responses is awful customer service. It really has made me worry about just why ours is delayed, and whether I can trust anything the agents have said.
I’m in Surrey, BC in the lower mainland, metro Vancouver area...I saw you’re in Victoria Island, in Victoria city?

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
I think, worst than paying the CAD 1k/person for the process, is to pay for a new medical exam because the first one expired due to their own delay!
That’s right, it’s bizarre! We have to pay in double because of their inefficiency...because of this and other things we’re seeing here that my wife and I, after tirelessly discussing, are starting to re-think if this whole thing is really worth it...

We all know immigrant life will never be a win-win, for us it’s worth it when, on a scale, pros weight more than cons, but when it starts to break even, things change figure...we have nothing left but wait...

Reactions: tobs

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I’m in Surrey, BC in the lower mainland, metro Vancouver area...I saw you’re in Victoria Island, in Victoria city?
No - way too expensive for a man of my limited budget! We are in Parksville on the beach. It’s really relaxed which helps with the frustration.

The resorts here have some great out of season rates - lots of retirees from the prairies getting away from -45c weather!

Reactions: tobs

Pris

May 11, 2018
Hi all,

Just got a response to our third CSE, and it is better than the response to the first two (Agent Julia).

————-

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Canadian Experience Class.

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 25, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on August 16, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently being reviewed.
  • Your medical examination results on file are valid.
Although processing times may vary, rest assured that we are committed to finalizing your application within the regular processing time.

———
Whilst I am obviously outside of the regular processing times, I at least know a bit more. The background verifications bit is new as the previous CSE response received on Tuesday said it hadn’t started (and our online account still says it hasn’t started).

EDIT - I have also seen a mistake with the reply above. We applied under FSW-O. Not CEC!
Received the exact same response from Julia too 10 days ago, only the dates differ

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Received the exact same response from Julia too 10 days ago, only the dates differ
Excellent news. I am glad that IRCC have a repertoire of long emails that don’t say much. Have you had any verifications about your background info? I suspect that nothing is actually happening with our file at the moment, and hasn’t for some time.

Reactions: Pris

Pris

May 11, 2018
Excellent news. I am glad that IRCC have a repertoire of long emails that don’t say much. Have you had any verifications about your background info? I suspect that nothing is actually happening with our file at the moment, and hasn’t for some time.
Yes perhaps they just started background checks and let the file aside somewhere haha
On my side no more progress since the security started mid December, not sure if they actually work on it

Reactions: bshailesh3

Tamu11

May 1, 2018
Hey Tamu,

Purely personal reasons. When we got our ITA in July we booked flights to Canada there and then. We flew into Toronto, bought a car and camped our way across Canada to Vancouver Island looking at all the places we may want to settle.

We honestly thought when we submitted our application that it would be one of the more straight forward ones to approve (ha - the arrogance!) and based on info on this forum and other places we were expecting to get our approval by Xmas. So we rented a condo on Vancouver Island and we have been hanging out here since October. We were not expecting to still be waiting at six months, with no indication of when a decision will be made. If IRCC could give us an indication that our eligibility was met, or give us an approximate timescale etc then we could wait longer, but we can’t simply just hang on indefinitely (financially and the fact our oldest son will be starting school soon).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect IRCC to treat us any diffierently from anyone else, and we certainly don’t regret what we have done for a minute, as this was a once in a lifetime trip and it has been amazing for us as a family. However the delay and lack of information from IRCC is a real pain in the ass and is forcing us to make alternative arrangements.
Thanks for sharing Eric! I wish you an early PPR!!

Reactions: OptimisticEric

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Knock-knock…

“Who is this?”

“Hello, I am your PPR. Please get me out of the Spam folder.”

“Who? What?”

“I AM YOUR PPR. CAN’T YOU READ THE SUBJECT LINE?”

“Oh, sorry! Wait I will get you out from the spam folder. I just couldn’t believe it is you.”

“Stupid human. You were waiting for me all this time and now you don’t recognize me, huh! Leave me alone here in the spam folder then.”

“Please don’t mind. It is taking some time for me to get into the reality.”

“I am real for sure.”

“Let me read your content.”

“Why these humans have trust issues?”

“You look real to me. All the details match with my profile.”

“I told you. I am real. Show me some empathy, human. I was living in Sydney along with my other PPR friends and we were waiting desperately to meet our owners. I was ready for you since 14-Dec-2018. Did you try to know how I was doing there? Did you make any efforts to see me?”

“I was waiting patiently for you too since 10-July-2018. A ghost visited me during second week of December and I sensed your arrival. I talked to a real human about your health and they mentioned that you can arrive any time now. I waited but you didn’t show up.”

“Yes, I was ready with my other friends. They held us in a dark room and we were not sure when they will release us. We were scared as some of my other PPR friends were there longer than me and they needed to breathe the fresh air otherwise…”

“I didn’t give up. I emailed NDVO but didn’t get any reply.”

“Yes, some of my friends got the opportunity and they sneaked out from the back door. But before everyone could get out, they closed the door. We didn’t lose our hope. We stayed positive.”

“Then I emailed Ottawa. No reply.”

“Yes, we heard few noises, but it didn’t work.”

“Then I raised two CSE and they posted a standard reply.”

“Yes, we knew because Matthew visited us in the dark room. He checked our health and gave us an extra glass of water so that we can survive.”

“Then I mailed Sydney.”

“Oh, that’s why the big guy came into the room and shouted my number (File Number). I didn’t really want to leave my friends, but I had to do it for you. I asked the big guy to take care of my friends and asked him to promise me that he will soon send them to their respective owners.”

“I know you and I saw the difficult time, but I promise that our future will be bright. I also wish that all your PPR friends will get to see their owners soon.”

“Yes, it is not the end but a new beginning!”

----
TL;DR
CEC-Inland (Primary + 2 Dependents)
AOR - 25-July-2018
MEP: Mid of August
IP2: 7 or 10 Dec
Application Approved: 14-Dec-2018 (Got to know through an agent 21-Dec-2018)
Mailed: NDVO, Ottawa, Sydney
CSE: 2 (Standard reply)
PPR Mail: 31-Jan-2019 8:20 AM Eastern from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
----

All characters in the above story are fictional. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Pris

May 11, 2018
Knock-knock…

“Who is this?”

“Hello, I am your PPR. Please get me out of the Spam folder.”

“Who? What?”

“I AM YOUR PPR. CAN’T YOU READ THE SUBJECT LINE?”

“Oh, sorry! Wait I will get you out from the spam folder. I just couldn’t believe it is you.”

“Stupid human. You were waiting for me all this time and now you don’t recognize me, huh! Leave me alone here in the spam folder then.”

“Please don’t mind. It is taking some time for me to get into the reality.”

“I am real for sure.”

“Let me read your content.”

“Why these humans have trust issues?”

“You look real to me. All the details match with my profile.”

“I told you. I am real. Show me some empathy, human. I was living in Sydney along with my other PPR friends and we were waiting desperately to meet our owners. I was ready for you since 14-Dec-2018. Did you try to know how I was doing there? Did you make any efforts to see me?”

“I was waiting patiently for you too since 10-July-2018. A ghost visited me during second week of December and I sensed your arrival. I talked to a real human about your health and they mentioned that you can arrive any time now. I waited but you didn’t show up.”

“Yes, I was ready with my other friends. They held us in a dark room and we were not sure when they will release us. We were scared as some of my other PPR friends were there longer than me and they needed to breathe the fresh air otherwise…”

“I didn’t give up. I emailed NDVO but didn’t get any reply.”

“Yes, some of my friends got the opportunity and they sneaked out from the back door. But before everyone could get out, they closed the door. We didn’t lose our hope. We stayed positive.”

“Then I emailed Ottawa. No reply.”

“Yes, we heard few noises, but it didn’t work.”

“Then I raised two CSE and they posted a standard reply.”

“Yes, we knew because Matthew visited us in the dark room. He checked our health and gave us an extra glass of water so that we can survive.”

“Then I mailed Sydney.”

“Oh, that’s why the big guy came into the room and shouted my number (File Number). I didn’t really want to leave my friends, but I had to do it for you. I asked the big guy to take care of my friends and asked him to promise me that he will soon send them to their respective owners.”

“I know you and I saw the difficult time, but I promise that our future will be bright. I also wish that all your PPR friends will get to see their owners soon.”

“Yes, it is not the end but a new beginning!”

----
TL;DR
CEC-Inland (Primary + 2 Dependents)
AOR - 25-July-2018
MEP: Mid of August
IP2: 7 or 10 Dec
Application Approved: 14-Dec-2018 (Got to know through an agent 21-Dec-2018)
Mailed: NDVO, Ottawa, Sydney
CSE: 2 (Standard reply)
PPR Mail: 31-Jan-2019 8:20 AM Eastern from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
----

All characters in the above story are fictional. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha you made my day!!! Congrats!! Poor little thing, happy that he finally found you

Reactions: Tommy2581