Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Congrats guys, please update yuour Immitracker cases.

Reactions: TanuP

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Had a message on my cic account today, no PPR. Procedural fairness basically saying I don’t meet eligibility due to funds.

I have a small personal loan so they have taken my bank account - personal loan = settlement funds (so my net worth in other words)

It’s not a big deal as they have given me 30 days to respond and I have arranged a gift deed so just need to send some updated bank statements.

Bit annoying it’s taken them 7 months to let me know and after I’ve had multiple “everything is in order” messages!
That really sucks. Did you declare the loan in your application?

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Good. Get the gift deed & updates bank statements and write a letter explaining why you didn't include the gift deed initially & are doing so now.
I know you said you were given 30 days but I've seen cases whereby they were only given 7 days. Try to get your response in on time.
I’ll be at the bank tomorrow to get new statements so documents will be submitted tomorrow. Is a letter of explanation required? All I’m doing is providing updated bank details as they’ve asked so I’d assume that it’s self explanatory

Reactions: tobs

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
That really sucks. Did you declare the loan in your application?
I did as I was working on the basis that cic were not interested in your net worth but that you have available liquid funds (this information I got from this forum that apparently a cic agent had verified to another forum memeber over the phone)

I pay my loan off monthly and will continue to do so once I’m in Canada but cic basically just want to see that I have the funds to cover the full loan. Not an issue as I have more than enough now to cover it. Not paying it off as it costs me more in fees than just letting it run the duration.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I did as I was working on the basis that cic were not interested in your net worth but that you have available liquid funds (this information I got from this forum that apparently a cic agent had verified to another forum memeber over the phone)

I pay my loan off monthly and will continue to do so once I’m in Canada but cic basically just want to see that I have the funds to cover the full loan. Not an issue as I have more than enough now to cover it. Not paying it off as it costs me more in fees than just letting it run the duration.
I hear you. It sucks that it took them 7 months to clarify. It has me worried that there is something in our application that they are about to reject us for, although I am at a loss over what it could be.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,

Just got a response to our third CSE, and it is better than the response to the first two (Agent Julia).

————-

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Canadian Experience Class.

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 25, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on August 16, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently being reviewed.
  • Your medical examination results on file are valid.
Although processing times may vary, rest assured that we are committed to finalizing your application within the regular processing time.

———
Whilst I am obviously outside of the regular processing times, I at least know a bit more. The background verifications bit is new as the previous CSE response received on Tuesday said it hadn’t started (and our online account still says it hasn’t started).

EDIT - I have also seen a mistake with the reply above. We applied under FSW-O. Not CEC!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dodoz and Farfass

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
I hear you. It sucks that it took them 7 months to clarify. It has me worried that there is something in our application that they are about to reject us for, although I am at a loss over what it could be.
Yeah all you can do is keep waiting and keep raising CSE. You can order GCMS notes to see if they have any concerns.

I’m probably not the person to ask on those as I think it’s ridiculous you can’t find out your file status without paying a third party, you should be able to find out issues via a CSE in my opinion especially if you’re over 6 months.

Steb1

Apr 17, 2018
Norwich, UK
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-07-2018
Had a message on my cic account today, no PPR. Procedural fairness basically saying I don’t meet eligibility due to funds.

I have a small personal loan so they have taken my bank account - personal loan = settlement funds (so my net worth in other words)

It’s not a big deal as they have given me 30 days to respond and I have arranged a gift deed so just need to send some updated bank statements.

Bit annoying it’s taken them 7 months to let me know and after I’ve had multiple “everything is in order” messages!
Sorry to hear that, at least they finally got round to looking at your file but it's a complete joke that you're almost at 7 months and they've only just informed you of a really standard thing you'd think they'd checked well within 6 months. I hope that I haven't made a mistake somewhere and that's why I'm still waiting. Its so annoying not knowing what is going on and that I could be told I didn't meet eligibility still! Hope you get all that sorted this week and PPR straight after!!

Reactions: Gruff

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Sorry to hear that, at least they finally got round to looking at your file but it's a complete joke that you're almost at 7 months and they've only just informed you of a really standard thing you'd think they'd checked well within 6 months. I hope that I haven't made a mistake somewhere and that's why I'm still waiting. Its so annoying not knowing what is going on and that I could be told I didn't meet eligibility still! Hope you get all that sorted this week and PPR straight after!!
Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :D I’m hoping in my case this means my eligibility is passed (as in no other issues because why bother messaging me otherwise?) once I provide updated POF and security can get started straight away.

Either way I’ve decided I won’t be renewing my medical if it comes to it because that’s down to their own inefficiency processing the application. So they are on the clock now :p

sekhon22

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
As per my notes
Eligibilty- recommend pass
Medical- passed - expired
Security - not start
Criminality - not start
All Pcc-provided-NRT R10 OK recommendations- pass Criminality

I am confuse one side is criminality not start but in paragraph pass criminality. Anyone know about it?

SahanK

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :D I’m hoping in my case this means my eligibility is passed (as in no other issues because why bother messaging me otherwise?) once I provide updated POF and security can get started straight away.

Either way I’ve decided I won’t be renewing my medical if it comes to it because that’s down to their own inefficiency processing the application. So they are on the clock now :p
What was your eligibility status earlier? Was it review required?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
As per my notes
Eligibilty- recommend pass
Medical- passed - expired
Security - not start
Criminality - not start
All Pcc-provided-NRT R10 OK recommendations- pass Criminality

I am confuse one side is criminality not start but in paragraph pass criminality. Anyone know about it?
I had the same in my first notes. A month later criminality was passed.
What's your VO? That may explain why your criminality still isn't passed almost 6 months later despite having no issues. Is it Montreal?