Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Congrats. That's a good sign that your eligibility is no longer RR cos your criminality is passed
Thank you very much. Be blessed.
This was the biggest question I had whether IP2 after RR would mean that RR was cleared. From my research that seems to be the case, which I hope is true.

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Thanks.
I was deeply considering whether I should submit additional docs without ADR, but I did not. I was confident my documentation was fine. I did not want to risk bringing too much attention to the application to seem like as though I am covering up something.
My take would be to not submit any additional info if you are confident of your documentation - unless they ask for an ADR. Mostly the delay is due to applications sitting idly rather than having an issue there. My gut feeling just got proven.

VO Ottawa
I understand.

Ah well those additional docs are in now. So I guess I'll be the test for the other fork in the road.
Just have to hope for the best. Fairly confident in my documents, new and old but I can see from notes my file hasn't been touched since September. Merits only come in to play when folks look at your file. Even the Americans would have circled back to it by now and I've had experience at how poor their system is. Frustrating.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks.
I was deeply considering whether I should submit additional docs without ADR, but I did not. I was confident my documentation was fine. I did not want to risk bringing too much attention to the application to seem like as though I am covering up something.
My take would be to not submit any additional info if you are confident of your documentation - unless they ask for an ADR. Mostly the delay is due to applications sitting idly rather than having an issue there. My gut feeling just got proven.

VO Ottawa
You're just lucky. It's always best to submit additional documents for a RR case because even though it may not guarantee that your file will be looked at immediately its mostly better than just waiting it out which we've seen take as long as 10 months without any ADR and they had to resort to proactive submission 10 months later.

Reactions: cecict

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Just got a standard response to our CSE raised on Friday.

We asked specifically about Eligibility/Criminality/Security and visa office, and asked what was causing the hold up.

Response is the same as others mentioning that were are currently in CPC Ottawa, and they are reviewing our eligibility requirements. Did not say anything about criminality/security.

Am going back with another CSE today. GCMS notes due in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
For those whose eligibilty are review review required (or were review required) based ob GCMS notes, when you raised CSE what did the response say?

Steb1

Apr 17, 2018
Norwich, UK
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-07-2018
Hey all, just a couple days until all us remaining have definetly hit 6 months.

Stay strong and try not to do what I do, read the Oct-Dec threads and get mad about them either getting PPR already or confused why they are freaking out about not seeing any movement yet. They have no idea! :D

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019

Stay strong and try not to do what I do, read the Oct-Dec threads and get mad about them either getting PPR already or confused why they are freaking out about not seeing any movement yet. They have no idea! :D
I can definitely recommend this advice!

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
You're just lucky. It's always best to submit additional documents for a RR case because even though it may not guarantee that your file will be looked at immediately its mostly better than just waiting it out which we've seen take as long as 10 months without any ADR and they had to resort to proactive submission 10 months later.
Personally, one rule I learnt when dealing with important things and important people - mainly like immigration it is best to NOT give more information than necessary.

We never know what mistakes we might make and how the information will be interpreted. Will it raise more questions than answers. Will it conflict with any other information you have provided in the application, you never know. These officers are very smart and have dealt with 1000s of cases. Remember that they are making YES or NO decisions based on the information YOU provide, and when there is more of it - you are making the VOs job harder and risking any cross-reference errors. Sometimes mistakes may be from YOUR side or from VO side too. There are 100s of such cases across the forum.

Plus if you are CONFIDENT of what you have given, you can always back up any claims, IF NECESSARY. There is a reason that there is a review required on the file and yet NO ADR.

I would rather wait patiently for 10 months or a year or whatever it takes than risk jeopardizing the application. Once you are in the immigration game - waiting is your friend.

In short: Give as LITTLE information as necessary.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019

Hi Steb, can I ask, in the response to your latest CSE did it mention that your eligibility assessment was complete? I’m trying to gauge how useless my CSE response was vs others. (It’s a bit retorical I know).

ewcg

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
For those whose eligibilty are review review required (or were review required) based ob GCMS notes, when you raised CSE what did the response say?
By the time I raised a CSE I was not on RR anymore as per the GCMS notes, but pretty much the same as everyone else either "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process." or "We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application".

emalee08

Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-0702018
Hello, it's a journey but quite frustrating. 6 months plus 3 days and no update. Ordered GCMS notes on 5th Dec 2018 and received report January 4th 2019.
Primary Office: Centralized intake office
Secondary office: CPC-Ottawa
App status: Open
App Status reason: In progress
Cost recovery: Complete
RPRF: Complete
Assessments:
Eligibility- Met
Security - Not started
HIRV:
Criminality - Passed
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete

Any idea what could be going on?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Personally, one rule I learnt when dealing with important things and important people - mainly like immigration it is best to NOT give more information than necessary.

We never know what mistakes we might make and how the information will be interpreted. Will it raise more questions than answers. Will it conflict with any other information you have provided in the application, you never know. These officers are very smart and have dealt with 1000s of cases. Remember that they are making YES or NO decisions based on the information YOU provide, and when there is more of it - you are making the VOs job harder and risking any cross-reference errors. Sometimes mistakes may be from YOUR side or from VO side too. There are 100s of such cases across the forum.

Plus if you are CONFIDENT of what you have given, you can always back up any claims, IF NECESSARY. There is a reason that there is a review required on the file and yet NO ADR.

I would rather wait patiently for 10 months or a year or whatever it takes than risk jeopardizing the application. Once you are in the immigration game - waiting is your friend.

In short: Give as LITTLE information as necessary.
This advise will just land anyone reading this that's just commencing their application a refusal. Give necessary information. Provide all information that's relevant to your application. Not too much, never little. And if there's ever any doubt about any of your documents don't wait till you're sent a procedural fairness letter before you submit relevant info that may clear the doubts.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello, it's a journey but quite frustrating. 6 months plus 3 days and no update. Ordered GCMS notes on 5th Dec 2018 and received report January 4th 2019.
Primary Office: Centralized intake office
Secondary office: CPC-Ottawa
App status: Open
App Status reason: In progress
Cost recovery: Complete
RPRF: Complete
Assessments:
Eligibility- Met
Security - Not started
HIRV:
Criminality - Passed
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete

Any idea what could be going on?
Many CIO & Ottawa applicants are awaiting the commencement of their security checks. You're not alone. Go to the June thread and add your data to the database being gathered there. You'll find our there are hundreds in the same situation as you.

Reactions: cecict

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
By the time I raised a CSE I was not on RR anymore as per the GCMS notes, but pretty much the same as everyone else either "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process." or "We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application".
Looks like your eligibility is now Met/passed & you're in the awaiting security checks queue. Join the June thread and ask to include your data in their data base or better still start one for July applicants.