+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thts the problem, sometime they put on hold our file without notifying us,thts why we must continually contact them about our file after 6 months
Yep. I had a review required in my application from May that I came to know only when I ordered gcms in nov (that got delivered in de ).all this time, cic did not contact me ONCE. And then weirdly, without me doing anything. Eligibility was passed just few days before i got my gcms which I came to know only when multiple agents told me that eligibility is passed.

Fyi, it had RR cos I showed majority of my funds in mutual funds investment and the statement for MF had surrender value. I think the case analyst might have been little confused.

Its incredible cos when I initially saw my gcms I was freaking out and called my advisor, bank, the fund itself multiple times to get LoE so I could explain what surrender value meant etc. Only later the agent told me that bgc started and my eligibility was passed.

Its a pity not a lot of people know about gcms. And even more pity that the best way of getting information also makes you wait atleast 30 days

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
]
You just need to send in 2 photos, a signed Schedule A (a paper form that records height/eye colour/nationality of the applicant/dependants) and a photocopy of the bio-page of your passport. My instructions were sent from London Visa Office (it was on their headed notepaper), telling me to send it to CPC-Ottawa, but then giving me the High Commission address in London on the mailing instructions. LOL. I am just going to send everything to both places, email it and also try and upload it (which they have asked me to do as well despite not giving me the ability to do this on MyCIC!!
Thanks for the response.
Thats pretty low tech, particularly as they already have all of that information as part of the application! I will console myself that all of this will be over one day.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
You just need to send in 2 photos, a signed Schedule A (a paper form that records height/eye colour/nationality of the applicant/dependants) and a photocopy of the bio-page of your passport. My instructions were sent from London Visa Office (it was on their headed notepaper), telling me to send it to CPC-Ottawa, but then giving me the High Commission address in London on the mailing instructions. LOL. I am just going to send everything to both places, email it and also try and upload it (which they have asked me to do as well despite not giving me the ability to do this on MyCIC!!
Are you based in Canada? If yes send to Ottawa. Of No, send to London. Don't send to both.

Reactions: neilottawa

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I know right? The annoying thing is that I SAW when @tobs etc.. were ordering theirs back in Oct/Nov/Dec and STILL didn't order mine! All I can say is that I really didn't know whether to trust the forum at that time and honestly believed in the completeness of my application AND the belief that if the CIC had a problem, they would ASK for something or keep me in the loop (again ha..ha..HA!).
You live and you learn...
Hey Daisy it's better late than never. Rooting for you.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Just sharing my timeline with my fellow July peeps:

AOR- July 29th
IP1- Passed stage (not sure when)
IP2- Oct/Nov (because I only started checking in December)
Have taken no action until this week because I really assumed that my application was straightforward enough to finish within 6 months (ha..ha..ha..)
I also received absolutely NO feedback from CIC. No additional docs request etc..
Action taken:
Raised CSE to local visa office asking about my application as I was hesitant about downloading the Google Hangouts app but later changed my mind and downloaded and called the same day. Got through to an agent who said that my eligibility was under review, Criminality in progress and Security not started but other than that everything looks fine (sure....). He also confirmed that my Visa Office was Ottawa (Later still got a CSE reply saying that as well). Lastly, I ordered the GCMS notes on Tuesday to gain some clarity and a better timeline for how long this might REALISTICALLY take me T____T

-End of Update-
*All the best to everyone! *
Hi, welcome to the club. I’m in a similar situation, AOR 25th July and waiting form my GCMS notes and a response to the CSE. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but there are 4 or 5 of us from the UK in a similar situation and with similar timescales. One guy has just got his approval which is keeping me optimistic for another week or so, but another guy appears to have been waiting weeks for his security to start. I have nothing else to do aside from waiting for the approval to come so I will be trying as many routes as possible to get some info next week. If any of them work, I’ll post here.

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yep. I had a review required in my application from May that I came to know only when I ordered gcms in nov (that got delivered in de ).all this time, cic did not contact me ONCE. And then weirdly, without me doing anything. Eligibility was passed just few days before i got my gcms which I came to know only when multiple agents told me that eligibility is passed.

Fyi, it had RR cos I showed majority of my funds in mutual funds investment and the statement for MF had surrender value. I think the case analyst might have been little confused.

Its incredible cos when I initially saw my gcms I was freaking out and called my advisor, bank, the fund itself multiple times to get LoE so I could explain what surrender value meant etc. Only later the agent told me that bgc started and my eligibility was passed.

Its a pity not a lot of people know about gcms. And even more pity that the best way of getting information also makes you wait atleast 30 days
Yeah, cos we think they will do work in timeline

ewcg

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
So, called CIC today for the first time, everything is exactly the same as November when they last touched (as per GCMS) my application. =/

Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
So, called CIC today for the first time, everything is exactly the same as November when they last touched (as per GCMS) my application. =/

Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started
can you please share the number you have contacted them on ?

ewcg

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
I do not know if it is in batches, but I would like to know why August security checks are being completed while June/July did not even started :(
I'd like to know that too.. It's quite frustrating to know your application is stopped.