Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
It is been long time so I applied Notes and it keeps saying ok and verified.

File is sitting at Centralized Intake Office.

Does this mean anything particularly?

https://imgur.com/xbG7Whs

Progress bar says that Jan 13 completes 6 months (180days)
Let's see the case analyst/ case procesisng agent notes just above this.
What does your eligibility, security and criminality say in page 2?

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi...just out of curiosity, are you leaving the UK for Canada as you see the latter as a more appealing option or its specific circumstances?
Hi,

I cannot disagree with anything that Gruff said above. I can only add to the point that day to day costs of living in the UK (rent, utilities, transport - particularly if you commute into London) have all risen significantly over the past decade and wages have simply not kept up. At the same time the services and benefits that everyone used to receive have been cut massively, and as a result; crime has risen; healthcare has become more difficult to access; money has been hived out of the education system; and it’s not as if the average joe got any significant tax cuts to compensate (although those earning over £140k a year did - I earned nowhere near that amount hence a slight bit of bitterness about it!). All things being equal, it’s a lot tougher than it was in c.2005.

I am sure that many of the same issues above also exist in Canada to some extent. Toronto and Vancouver are definitely pricey, but still nowhere near London in my opinion.

However, having been negative in the push factors listed above, without a doubt the primary reason for our move is the pull factors of Canada if you are interested in outdoor pursuits (hiking, skiing, canoeing, mountain biking etc). The UK just cannot compete on those terms.

In addition, we have two young kids and from what we have seen over the past six months the facilities for children (clubs, playgroups, sport facilities) are just amazing. In general they are pretty new and cheap or free to use which is definitely a contrast to where we were in the UK.

Apologies - I said way more than I was expecting there! Needless to say we really like Canada and I haven’t mentioned the generosity and friendliness of the people, which so far, we have definitely found to be overwhelmingly true to the stereotype.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi,

I cannot disagree with anything that Gruff said above. I can only add to the point that day to day costs of living in the UK (rent, utilities, transport - particularly if you commute into London) have all risen significantly over the past decade and wages have simply not kept up. At the same time the services and benefits that everyone used to receive have been cut massively, and as a result; crime has risen; healthcare has become more difficult to access; money has been hived out of the education system; and it’s not as if the average joe got any significant tax cuts to compensate (although those earning over £140k a year did - I earned nowhere near that amount hence a slight bit of bitterness about it!). All things being equal, it’s a lot tougher than it was in c.2005.

I am sure that many of the same issues above also exist in Canada to some extent. Toronto and Vancouver are definitely pricey, but still nowhere near London in my opinion.

However, having been negative in the push factors listed above, without a doubt the primary reason for our move is the pull factors of Canada if you are interested in outdoor pursuits (hiking, skiing, canoeing, mountain biking etc). The UK just cannot compete on those terms.

In addition, we have two young kids and from what we have seen over the past six months the facilities for children (clubs, playgroups, sport facilities) are just amazing. In general they are pretty new and cheap or free to use which is definitely a contrast to where we were in the UK.

Apologies - I said way more than I was expecting there! Needless to say we really like Canada and I haven’t mentioned the generosity and friendliness of the people, which so far, we have definitely found to be overwhelmingly true to the stereotype.
Your optimism is contagious. Hoping you have a great life in Canada

shivraj987

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
My security check was in progress as per my call with IRCC agent on Nov. 27. Rest are through. Have been trying to reach the IRCC agents again for last couple of days but they disconnect even without placing me in a que.I complete 6 month on Jan.14.. Any suggestions what could be done next..?? GCMS? Appreciate a response..

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
My security check was in progress as per my call with IRCC agent on Nov. 27. Rest are through. Have been trying to reach the IRCC agents again for last couple of days but they disconnect even without placing me in a que.I complete 6 month on Jan.14.. Any suggestions what could be done next..?? GCMS? Appreciate a response..
For your security to have started it means that your Eligibility would have at least been Met by now. And eligibility is really the know aspect of the background check in the hands of the applicants. (Criminality too, because it basically involves your PCC but it's still subject to laws governing criminal conducts in Canada).
Basically what I'm saying is, at this point it's most likely just a matter of time, it seems unnecessary to apply for GCMS notes now. You can continue to call and raise CSEs once or twice every week once your 6 months are up.

The processing speed from now on also mostly depends on your visa ofifce and how quickly they give the final application review and approve an application once all the background checks are passed.

Hang in there. You'll hear good news soon.

Reactions: TanuP and annevn8

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks tobs,

I’m just hoping we don’t get rejected at this late stage - I’m not sure what the alternative would be!
I think the chances of you getting rejected are really slim. Do you know any specifics about your background checks (eligibility, criminality, security)? If they've been passed or met or even started?

shivraj987

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Many thanks for valuable info @tobs.

My VO is Ottawa, that is supposed to be the fastest in terms of responses and processing. My eligibility, medical and Criminality is recommended passed. But security check is taking too long now. But I'll continue the follow ups via call and through CSE.

For your security to have started it means that your Eligibility would have at least been Met by now. And eligibility is really the know aspect of the background check in the hands of the applicants. (Criminality too, because it basically involves your PCC but it's still subject to laws governing criminal conducts in Canada).
Basically what I'm saying is, at this point it's most likely just a matter of time, it seems unnecessary to apply for GCMS notes now. You can continue to call and raise CSEs once or twice every week once your 6 months are up.

The processing speed from now on also mostly depends on your visa ofifce and how quickly they give the final application review and approve an application once all the background checks are passed.

Hang in there. You'll hear good news soon.[/QUOT

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I've been a silent reader on this forum for quite a while now and has been quite helpful.

What I've recently observed is that by adding new countdown bar on website IRCC has created a panic mode for everyone. It's not like the bar is giving any valuable info.

I'm a July 14 applicant and as per my last call with IRCC agent on Nov. 27 my security check is in progress. Eligibility,medical and criminality has been passed. The call did create a hope of getting PR soon, but the bar has now started to irritate me.
Nationality?