+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

SMKK

Jun 12, 2018
Glad that i am not alone. I thought i was the only one stuck. So i guess Security would have started in the background however the officer only updates the portal once it is completed right?
My application and timeline are almost the same, just 1 day later. The last I head about my security was on Nov 15th, and it was 'not started'. I am planning to call CIC this week for an update, but it seems the security will only change its status when it is completed.

If that is correct, on the notes I ordered dated Oct 25 my PReVU was 'verified' already, which would mean my security had already started, even though the status states otherwise.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Glad that i am not alone. I thought i was the only one stuck. So i guess Security would have started in the background however the officer only updates the portal once it is completed right?
No one knows the details, I think. What I know is that CIC asks for a some FBI-like agencies for our background. At some point in our application, CIC may ask those agencies for a report.

My assumption is that the 'security' only really starts when all the reports are received, and a CIC agent reads them. If the results are favorable, the application goes to a visa office. If not, security screening probably.

But this is just a guess...

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I just got off the phone with Julia (A CIC call agent) and she confirmed that my security checks still hasn't started. :(
She said I shouldn't worry too much about it that everything can be done by January 10. (6th month)

Not fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
I just got off the phone with Julia (A CIC call agent) and she confirmed that my security checks still hasn't started. :(
She said I shouldn't worry too much about it that everything can be done by January 10. (6th month)

Not fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So how did U move to IP2?!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
126 days. Still IP1
I feel that there is something fishy with the eligibility checks. I hope i get ADR or at least rejection with reason so i can resubmit again.
AOR 03 JULY 2018
Just be patient. I know many applicants see no changes at all in they BGC status.
That's why I'm urging everyone to stop focusing on this IP1/IP2, as it holds no value whatsoever in determining your stage.
See below. Applicant in this same thread was in IP1 the whole time since Medicals Passed.
Patience...
Hello All,
I have been watching this forum for a while. I got my PPR today, My timelines as follows:
AOR-8-Jul-2018
Medical /IP1- 26-Jul-2018
PPR-6-Nov-2018
No change from IP1 since 26-Jul-2018 and directly got PPR today.
Visa office- Ottawa.
Thank you all for your motivation and support. All the best to each of you..

Reactions: tobs and KarRml

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
So the agent told U about the criminality?
I confirmed it yes.
But I knew when I moved to IP2 that my criminality was passed.

Reactions: M_A

imannan

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
I was finally able to reach an agent. My file hasnt been worked on since August (Medical was passed August 15). Its been lying dormant at Ottawa VO.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Just be patient. I know many applicants see no changes at all in they BGC status.
That's why I'm urging everyone to stop focusing on this IP1/IP2, as it holds no value whatsoever in determining your stage.
See below. Applicant in this same thread was in IP1 the whole time since Medicals Passed.
Patience...
True

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
I was finally able to reach an agent. My file hasnt been worked on since August (Medical was passed August 15). Its been lying dormant at Ottawa VO.
how are guys able to talk to them? I have been trying since 3 days, they are not even placing me in the queue

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018

Oh Comon JAN is just right at the corner. You already overcome the hard part (eligibility). What's left is just peanuts, unless your were a contract killer at some point in life :p then your s!#@t out of luck :p:p:p

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Patience...
Yeah.... i have ordered notes and came to find out that my eligibility is under review due to "SETTLEMENT FUNDS" was put under review.
i have sent LOE explaining that i was meeting the 12 475$ at the time of invite. Suprisingly, like exactly 5 min ago i received an email from CSC confirming that they received my LOE and its been forwarded the the responsible officer. (they responded in just 2 days WOAWWW!!)

Reactions: tobs

saad.ahmed1816

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys, so i went ip2 on last friday and today i got the email that i have message in my account. I checked and there is a request letter. It says your application is almost complete and if anything chnaged iin your profile then let us know otherwise submit passport. So is it the ppr