+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I have noticed too
My guess is because applicants in USA have to get police certification from FBI. This speeds up their background check and I believe it is easier for cic to verify employment in USA vs other countries. That said, there are cases which took much longer than average time to get PPR.

Reactions: sissi25

sissi25

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Algeria
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25/06/2018
AOR Received.
25/07/2018
My guess is because applicants in USA have to get police certification from FBI. This speeds up their background check and I believe it is easier for cic to verify employment in USA vs other countries. That said, there are cases which took much longer than average time to get PPR.
They are lucky :p

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Spoke to a very polite and helpful agent today. He informed that my eligibility was recommended pass on July 25th. Criminality check is in progress right now, Security not started yet.
Provided that I don't have a long travel history, I am wondering why BCG is taking so long. Can someone provide some insight as to what may be the reason for delay.
I am CEC inland and AOR is 4th July.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Can everyone just create a signature that has your stream in it, AOR, etc.
It'll be so much better & useful for everyone if most people on this thread did that.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The reason is that Canada, USA, Australia, UK, and NZ are info sharing partners. They periodically share information and have databases that can be searched by all countries. Also there are protocols of providing info when requested within a stipulated time frame. All this makes the BGC and security a breeze, as compared to all other countries.

Also, since US and Canada are neighbors, employment verification is much easier. Further, for residents of US, CPC Ottawa is the VO, which is among the fastest.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Can I ask why do you think it’s easier to verify USA employer?

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Spoke to a very polite and helpful agent today. He informed that my eligibility was recommended pass on July 25th. Criminality check is in progress right now, Security not started yet.
Provided that I don't have a long travel history, I am wondering why BCG is taking so long. Can someone provide some insight as to what may be the reason for delay.
I am CEC inland and AOR is 4th July.
There is no delay in our application. We just passed two months, compared to 6 months estimated time by CIC we are right on the track.
I am also CEC-Inland applicant, July 2 AOR, and no update after my Medical Pass. Be patient and enjoy your life till we get that golden email :)

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Can I ask why do you think it’s easier to verify USA employer?
Because US applicants also submit their tax returns or W2 document along with employment letter (and other supporting docs) which provides them enough information as proof of employment.
W2 is a tax document that everyone working in USA receives yearly. It has info such as employer name and address, employee name and address, total earnings, tax info for the year etc.

samius

Jun 6, 2018
Hello.
I got my AOR on July 18th and according to CIC website I have to submit biometric scan, but I have not received the letter yet. I just want to know if it is normal and how long you speculate it will take. thx!

rockydirt

Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys, I think I got my PPR today but I didn't get a email but instead got a request for interview which asked me for some documents like passport, photographs, sin number, etc.

It says "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview
". Whats up with the Interview? Do I need to get worried?

Reactions: INTamir

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Because US applicants also submit their tax returns or W2 document along with employment letter (and other supporting docs) which provides them enough information as proof of employment.
W2 is a tax document that everyone working in USA receives yearly. It has info such as employer name and address, employee name and address, total earnings, tax info for the year etc.
I applied for the us but did not submit the W2. Is it even required?