Jul 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-07-2018
Guys
Spoke with a CIC agent.
My eligibility is recommended pass and BG yet to start.
This means that I don't need to provide additional docs right??

ram2canada

Jul 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-07-2018
My medicas cleared on August 10th too and my background check hasn't started either which I do find weird. We just have to be patient I guess, it could just be a slower officer or they could even have forgotten to update the status and they go directly to IP2, I've read that there have been cases like that.
Patience dude. My medicals passed more than a month ago and BG is yet to start.

Apr 2, 2018
not always.

I am FSW -O (Citizenship -India, Residence- USA)
AOr 3rd July, MEP/IP1 - July 17..... no update since then but I guess as per CIC stats most cases process within 4-6 months so we should be patient.
Yes. Not all USA applications move fast.

FSW Nationality India, Residence: USA
AOR 16th July
MEP Aug 2nd
No update since then.

They kind of skipped 16th July AOR people!! :(

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
My medicals cleared on Aug10th...but till date no update on background check. What could be the possible reason?? Can anyone help

Its as below:
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Background check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks in advance!
I am at the same stage. The last line: "Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made," got updated last night.

dpknaren

Oct 30, 2016
No am not in USA or anything like that lol.
Please see a screenshot of my profil and tell me what does it says

Is this IP2 ?
The below info will give you more clarity about the process. However, few case to case variations are witnessed between Inland or Outland applications.

BG and Medical status update changes:

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here
BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here
BG: In Progress (IP2) –
BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Order of Process: AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status. MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information". Visa Officer starts their review after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Reactions: vermas

DS895

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I don’t know. I think all status change happened in very short time. I have an agent sending me updates. PPR email is dated 27th aug.
Hi,

You have checked your status updates thru IRCC phone system, what does it says when PPR email was sent to you, does it says PPR email has been sent along with we are processing your backgrnd check and medical pass??

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

You have checked your status updates thru IRCC phone system, what does it says when PPR email was sent to you, does it says PPR email has been sent along with we are processing your backgrnd check and medical pass??
I just called to check the status by phone and it still says:
We are checking if you meet eligibility requirements
Your MEP passed and we are processing background check.

On other hand, I have received a PPR email.
So in your case if you have a consultant managing your account, I would check with them for any email communication from cic. Good luck!

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi All,
This is my update(FSW ,Citizen - India, Resident USA) .

AOR - 18th Jul 2018
MEP - 07 Aug 2018
IP1 - 08 Aug 2018
Background Check in Progress -27th Aug 2018

Any expected timelines ? I see lot of people in Immitracker with same timeline who got their PPR .

Regards

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi All,
This is my update(FSW ,Citizen - India, Resident USA) .

AOR - 18th Jul 2018
MEP - 07 Aug 2018
IP1 - 08 Aug 2018
Background Check in Progress -27th Aug 2018

Any expected timelines ? I see lot of people in Immitracker with same timeline who got their PPR .

Regards
What is your NOC and CRS score? I am in IP1 yet with AOR 16th July.
NOC 2173, CRS 443 and FSW O (USA)