+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi guys. Not sure if I should worried. AOR July 16. I am in IP2 with “background check in process” since Dec. I called CIC in Jan, told criminality, medical, eligibility passed, only waiting security to start. I asked about whether I am in security screening, agent said : no, everyone needs to pass security. But it is March now still no news. My background is not sensitive at all.

CanadianSympathy

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys. Not sure if I should worried. AOR July 16. I am in IP2 with “background check in process” since Dec. I called CIC in Jan, told criminality, medical, eligibility passed, only waiting security to start. I asked about whether I am in security screening, agent said : no, everyone needs to pass security. But it is March now still no news. My background is not sensitive at all.
I honestly feel like it’s just backlogs. Some people from April and May are still waiting 300 plus days!

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Just an update for those who may face this situation in future: Sent an email to CIC, they have cancelled my COPR Visa, they have given me 30 days to submit all documents after baby's birth and they will then review my file again and issue new visas for the whole family.
Great, thanks for sharing...I am in a sort of similar situation as yours (apart from having received PPR, which I haven’t), but my wife is due on June 3rd. Assuming (hopefully) I’ll get PPR by then, what documents did they ask you to provide them with?

Thank you

Reactions: abhi1701

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Great, thanks for sharing...I am in a sort of similar situation as yours (apart from having received PPR, which I haven’t), but my wife is due on June 3rd. Assuming (hopefully) I’ll get PPR by then, what documents did they ask you to provide them with?

Thank you
They will send me an email in the first week of April, when the baby is due and 30 days will start from that email date.

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
I honestly feel like it’s just backlogs. Some people from April and May are still waiting 300 plus days!
Thanks for your view! I just hope I’m not in security screening. I feel no reason for them to put my family into that stage. We have ordinary jobs and worked for ordinary companies.
My lawyer thinks I might stuck in info sharing, but he is pulling my notes. I lived and studied in US between 2008-2009, i heard it might be a delay for US to share those very old info. Some of people I know has been in “info sharing processing” for long time, they both claimed lived in US around 10 years ago.
Another possibility is that they are checking on my husband since he is a non-acccompany family, but he is living in US with us now on spouse visa. Maybe CIC feels it is not usual.
Agent said my case has a marked date May 18th, 2018 back in Jan. My case was in Sydney, some says this means slow processing.

CanadianSympathy

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for your view! I just hope I’m not in security screening. I feel no reason for them to put my family into that stage. We have ordinary jobs and worked for ordinary companies.
My lawyer thinks I might stuck in info sharing, but he is pulling my notes. I lived and studied in US between 2008-2009, i heard it might be a delay for US to share those very old info. Some of people I know has been in “info sharing processing” for long time, they both claimed lived in US around 10 years ago.
Another possibility is that they are checking on my husband since he is a non-acccompany family, but he is living in US with us now on spouse visa. Maybe CIC feels it is not usual.
Agent said my case has a marked date May 18th, 2018 back in Jan. My case was in Sydney, some says this means slow processing.
My fiancé’s AOR was July 17. Don’t feel too discouraged. It’s hard and the waits are bad but have to try to live life and not dwell. We are also still waiting.

Reactions: BKBK

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
Hello @BKBK

What do you mean by “marked date May 18th, 2018” if your AOR is in July 2018? Why does it indicate slow processing?

I wonder if my application is having the same issue because when I called CIC the agent said my application had a note saying: delayed until May 4th.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks @tobs.
So why does it take 30 days to get the gcms notes across? Secondly, what do the two blank pages mean? It says info withheld ‍♀♀♀
That's the regulation. It's not released for 30 days after it's requested.
Probably info about your spouse if you didn't submit a consent form for him.

Reactions: Dodoz

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Tobs

Do we always get to see the ghost updates? Because, I hardly log in to my online account after 2-3 days. So, what I mean is, if, I do not log in everyday then is there a chance that we might miss the ghost update when it actually has happened? Please throw some light on this.

Thanks
No you can't miss it. It'll be there waiting for you even 1 month later.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

Thank you
You'll get a request for medicals & passport for the baby.

Reactions: FernandoKvra

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
They will send me an email in the first week of April, when the baby is due and 30 days will start from that email date.
You will have to mail them to inform them. Don't expect them to email you, you'll just be waiting a long time.

Reactions: abhi1701