+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
How do you even pronounce Kangiqsualujjuaq? :eek:
Jokes aside, I am OK with living anywhere provided I have a job, which I haven't found yet. I live on the northern east coast of US right now, so I am no stranger to s**t weather lol.
Lived in Toronto for 3 years and then moved to Ottawa - best decision I've ever made (in Canada :)). It is not as vibrant as Toronto, for sure, but if you work in the IT or Govt sec, and you enjoy lots of green areas, hikes, biking, and really nice people, you should consider Ottawa. And housing is way...well, way affordable than Toronoto and Vancouver, but it is increasing. Good time to come and invest! And winters are brutal pretty much everywhere in Canada.

Reactions: steeks2009

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
Lived in Toronto for 3 years and then moved to Ottawa - best decision I've ever made (in Canada :)). It is not as vibrant as Toronto, for sure, but if you work in the IT or Govt sec, and you enjoy lots of green areas, hikes, biking, and really nice people, you should consider Ottawa. And housing is way...well, way affordable than Toronoto and Vancouver, but it is increasing. Good time to come and invest! And winters are brutal pretty much everywhere in Canada.
That's very helpful; thanks! I am in the software business, so based on your description Ottawa sounds like the perfect place for me. Now if only some of those darn recruiters actually respond to my emails...;)

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
You mean in terms of living conditions/expenses? Or just their general appearances?
I live in Vancouver and it's "dull" because it sure rains a lot! Some people think it's dull because it doesn't have a great night life as opposed to the one in, say, Toronto.
From a job perspective, tech jobs are very much in demand here and that explains their PNP focus on the tech project. It is expensive if you were to live within Vancouver, but the suburbs aren't, and the transit system is amazing! Doesn't get too cold, hardly ever snows, and the views are breathtaking!

Reactions: steeks2009

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I live in Vancouver and it's "dull" because it sure rains a lot! Some people think it's dull because it doesn't have a great night life as opposed to the one in, say, Toronto.
From a job perspective, tech jobs are very much in demand here and that explains their PNP focus on the tech project. It is expensive if you were to live within Vancouver, but the suburbs aren't, and the transit system is amazing! Doesn't get too cold, hardly ever snows, and the views are breathtaking!
Interesting to know it hardly ever snows compared to the generic thoughts of it snows everywhere in Canada and very cold. I heard that the transmit there is really good too.

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Interesting to know it hardly ever snows compared to the generic thoughts of it snows everywhere in Canada and very cold. I heard that the transmit there is really good too.
Yep. Winter here is very mild compared to the rest of the country. Once you get used to the weather, you'll be out and about in a tee and a sweater/jacket at the most. We're still anywhere between 1 - 6 degrees, very rarely does it dip into the negative zone. Keep in mind that it's wet cold compared to the usual dry winters. You HAVE to get used to the rain - it rains from Oct - Mar/Apr.

Reactions: Tinaaah

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Yep. Winter here is very mild compared to the rest of the country. Once you get used to the weather, you'll be out and about in a tee and a sweater/jacket at the most. We're still anywhere between 1 - 6 degrees, very rarely does it dip into the negative zone. Keep in mind that it's wet cold compared to the usual dry winters. You HAVE to get used to the rain - it rains from Oct - Mar/Apr.
Thanks..good to know

steeks2009

Nov 28, 2018
Thanks a ton for this information. I've never been to any part of Canada, and an honest, non-touristy description of its major cities is always helpful.

Reactions: TanuP

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Is there anyone else waiting for their BG check to start? My AOR is for July 12th and yet my application is no where close to being approved. In fact, I even contacted IRCC through web form - According to their reply, "The responsible office is currently verifying if my application needs the eligibility requirement under immigration program for FSW-Outland"

This is absurd, 4.5 months since AOR and they are still checking my eligibility!! Any comment??

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Is there anyone else waiting for their BG check to start? My AOR is for July 12th and yet my application is no where close to being approved. In fact, I even contacted IRCC through web form - According to their reply, "The responsible office is currently verifying if my application needs the eligibility requirement under immigration program for FSW-Outland"

This is absurd, 4.5 months since AOR and they are still checking my eligibility!! Any comment??
Same here AOr 30th july..

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Guys,
My passport will expire in less than 6 months, 5 to be more precise, and I’m planning to renew it this week or the next, my question is, should I raise a CSE and inform CIC that I got a new passport or just inform them when I get PPR?
My AoR is July 9th and I’m hoping, and praying, to get the golden email YESTERDAY, were it possible!!!!

Thanks!

Reactions: tobs

nair123

Nov 11, 2018

Hi ..I am in the same situation and i know there are many others...i think you should get your GCMS and identify where you are stuck...My AOR July 25th..MEP AUG 16th ...nothing after that...

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hi ..I am in the same situation and i know there are many others...i think you should get your GCMS and identify where you are stuck...My AOR July 25th..MEP AUG 16th ...nothing after that...
You won't believe my bad luck. My request for GCMS notes got denied on the 30th day (since initial submission). Their reason was a missing signature on the consent form. Err!!

nair123

Nov 11, 2018
You won't believe my bad luck. My request for GCMS notes got denied on the 30th day (since initial submission). Their reason was a missing signature on the consent form. Err!!
How sad!!...reapply asap ...because as per the email i received from IRCC...my application is in the queue for a review by another officer...i can only know the reason behind it through the notes..

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Friends,
Many of you already got PPR. Best luck for your new journey.
I would like to know that did you receive any Verificationcall/mail at CIC stage. Anyone have faced this work experience verification at CIC stage ( IP1 or IP2).
Please share your experiences.

dwarakesh

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-07-2018
File Transfer...
23-07-2018
Med's Done....
15-08-2018

same here! my eligibility is review required, I am just waiting for my GCMS notes to see the reason behind the review. Hope its nothing serious but ever since i started this process back in 2017, I have waited for my ielts revaluation results for 14 weeks then 6 months for ITA after submitting the application on 23rd July, its been 4.5 months! This entire waiting game is so overwhelming, I lost focus at work and I've been scrutinzed by my management. I am not sure if they are going to keep me here or let me go by end of this month.