+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Not yet, thinking to call them this week, I have planned a trip to India in January, I hope I get my ppr and get stamp before that
Any trip for the duration of time between COPR and getting your PR Card is not recommended, specially the short trips because you have to get PRTD when you are out of Canada to get beck in Canada if you have not a PR card.

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any trip for the duration of time between COPR and getting your PR Card is not recommended, specially the short trips because you have to get PRTD when you are out of Canada to get beck in Canada if you have not a PR card.
I am going for a one month trip, what I thought was I will get my passport stamped before my trip and then do the landing when I return from india, and then wait for my pr card.

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hello, I hold indian passport and my kids hold US passports. I After the PPR, I sent their passports as well along with mine. I was supposed to send only photocopy of my kids’ passports as they hold US passports. I did not send the photocopy. Has anyone faced this? Will this cause any issue?

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I am going for a one month trip, what I thought was I will get my passport stamped before my trip and then do the landing when I return from india, and then wait for my pr card.
When your PR is approved (your passport is stamped), your previous status in Canada is not valid anymore (e.g. student, work). So, you need to apply for PRTD when you are in India which might take sometime to get it (2 weeks) but it's absolutely a headache anyways. I would avoid it but if you have already planned for it and if you are going to stay for more than two weeks, you should be fine to get PRTD before you are coming back.

dwarakesh

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-07-2018
File Transfer...
23-07-2018
Med's Done....
15-08-2018
Hello Seniors:

For how long is IRCC shut down for Christmas holidays (time frame)? I am trying to figure out by how many months my application will be delayed, considering my " Eligibility Is In Progress - Review Required" :(
same here! did you ordered your gcms notes?

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
When your PR is approved (your passport is stamped), your previous status in Canada is not valid anymore (e.g. student, work). So, you need to apply for PRTD when you are in India which might take sometime to get it (2 weeks) but it's absolutely a headache anyways. I would avoid it but if you have already planned for it and if you are going to stay for more than two weeks, you should be fine to get PRTD before you are coming back.
That helps... Thanks anyways I am still waiting for ppr mail. Hope to get it in time.

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hello, I hold indian passport and my kids hold US passports. I After the PPR, I sent their passports as well along with mine. I was supposed to send only photocopy of my kids’ passports as they hold US passports. I did not send the photocopy. Has anyone faced this? Will this cause any issue?

kiran9870

Nov 21, 2018
AOR JULY 26/2018
MEDICALS PASSED AUG 18
Background check ---Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Its been almost 4 months there is no update on my application. I have US travel history. I live in canada. Is there any one on the same boat. Your inputs will be helpful. Thanks

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I am thinking of the same.
Its been long 8 months I have seen my family back home.

@INTamir is correct. I have also started searching forums for this question.
What I have learned is once you do the landing with PR Visa and get the COPR signed, officer may "VOID" the existing TRV in system. So, it may cause trouble when your passport is scanned at airport while returning and cause trouble boarding the flight.

There are following options for Inland candidates:
Get the passport stamped with PR Visa and you will receive the blank COPR

1. Visit the home country and Do the landing while returning at Toronto Airport and get the signed COPR, wait for PR card.
2. Visit the home country and return Canada on existing Work Permit / valid TRV Visa. Do the landing by crossing the border Or scheduling an interview at any of the CIC office. wait for PR card

Let me know if any advice / suggestion

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
AOR JULY 26/2018
MEDICALS PASSED AUG 18
Background check ---Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Its been almost 4 months there is no update on my application. I have US travel history. I live in canada. Is there any one on the same boat. Your inputs will be helpful. Thanks
What's your VO? Your application may be in Montreal.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
simple advice,
I am not sure most of you ever left the country or not?
going abroad is not a big, even after you migrate you will face lot challenges in securing job, and other kinds of stuff.
so moving to Canada is not escaping the hell and reaching heaven,

1. still you need to work hard,
2. 33 percent tax
3. if you make anything less than 400 grans a year still life is normal, you are not rich, middle-classes family,
just another labor in the street side for the economy
4. health care is good for big life-threatening problems, small things you can't get anything,
5. the cost of living is high especially if you are paying rent, and you need to have your own car, life insurance etc...
what you make a year, you will spend everything and still be poor and insecure, life runs on credit
and life is not a free green ride.
6. don't think after you move to Canada you will have a shower with gold, diamond etc.
if you buy a house it will take 15 years to pay back the mortgage loan.
you will be running your life with credit and in between if you lose the job for any reason, your paradise credit life will over.

good aspects:
1.peaceful life
2.good education(not free)
3.good climate(extreme cold but )
4.less crime rate
5.woman safety and rights are good.
6.if you divorce half of the property will go to ex-wife,
7.anyone can sue you if the person slipped infront your home due lack of cleaning of snow
8. strict driving rules

authorities will take time to verify, no one is going to reject you because you come from India, Pakistan Indonesia etc.
if you are honest you will get your application through with zero hurdles, you no need worry.

again for the dreamer who thinks Canada, USA, and Europe is dream heaven where you will get everything free, you are biggest losers in life.
land for people who ready to work hard and want a simple peaceful life.

I am from India, I have the dual bachelors degree, MaSc from the University of Toronto in aerospace engineering,
despite having multiple degrees if you think I will get million dollars a year, you are wrong!!!!!!

so keep your expectations normal spend time with your loved one like mom, dad, brothers and enjoy time with them.
mom and dad are once in a lifetime.

sit back and relax, immigration is not just express entry alone......